ADVERTISEMENT

Well now. McDonald's game might as well be Nike jr game.

I have to imagine there'll be less racism. I've never heard as much vile stuff from all ppl, as I've heard and witnessed here. Who the f#ck says "blue gums", or throws change at white ppl in restaurants instead of handing it to them? Tension doesn't properly explain it. I'll be glad when we're gone. PPL hate each other here.
Are you in Memphis or Arkansas?

What you're describing happens in Louisiana. I've spent a ton of time in Shreveport-Bossier City. It's a fantasticly fun state but I'm not sure I'd ever live there.

From what I understand, Knoxville will be nothing like that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Are you in Memphis or Arkansas?

What you're describing happens in Louisiana. I've spent a ton of time in Shreveport-Bossier City. It's a fantasticly fun state but I'm not sure I'd ever live there.

From what I understand, Knoxville will be nothing like that.
I live on the Arkansas side, and work on the TN side. The racism has really made me cringe at times. I royally try and f^ck racist assholes on trucks. They tend to buy trucks...both sides.

Your best example is UK has a pro day, FTR.
And Tyler Herro
And Shai Alexander
And Jared Vanderbilt
And Hamidou Diallo
And PJ Washington
And Tyler Ulis

I still think many others went higher in the draft than they would have had they gone to a non blue blood.
Jaden McDaniels will go high in the draft, but not as high as he would have had he gone to duke or UK.

And Tyler Herro
And Shai Alexander
And Jared Vanderbilt
And Hamidou Diallo
And PJ Washington
And Tyler Ulis

I still think many others went higher in the draft than they would have had they gone to a non blue blood.
Jaden McDaniels will go high in the draft, but not as high as he would have had he gone to duke or UK.
Is there where I ask what happened to all of those other high 5 star players that didn’t work out as well as people thought it would? You think maybe some of them could have done better and been drafted higher at other schools?

Clearly Calipari can coach. But clearly several people are being drafted every season at other schools and they are players who weren’t high school All Americans. Duke and Kentucky get so many more top 50 guys than everybody else. It’s not even close. It’s not a surprise to anybody that they send more guys to the NBA.

Is there where I ask what happened to all of those other high 5 star players that didn’t work out as well as people thought it would? You think maybe some of them could have done better and been drafted higher at other schools?

Clearly Calipari can coach. But clearly several people are being drafted every season at other schools and they are players who weren’t high school All Americans. Duke and Kentucky get so many more top 50 guys than everybody else. It’s not even close. It’s not a surprise to anybody that they send more guys to the NBA.

Kentucky > Duke

....and on that note, i'm out, I'm about to f#ck up some chili and cheese dogs and laying down. See you all on the other side.

Can you give me a list of guys that went to non blue blood schools that were 4* guys that went lottery after 1 season?

Can you give me a list of lower ranked 5* guys that went lottery or first round after 1 year?

Can you give me a list of 5' 8" point guards that went first round after 2 years? Hell, after 4 years?

Yeah, there are some guys that transferred out or got drafted and didn't make an NBA roster, but these are kids that jump ship after 1 or two years that should have stayed longer.

It's hard as hell to play at UK. The workouts are hard and the pressure is high. Some kids aren't cut out for that, so they bail.

Can you give me a list of guys that went to non blue blood schools that were 4* guys that went lottery after 1 season?

Can you give me a list of lower ranked 5* guys that went lottery or first round after 1 year?

Can you give me a list of 5' 8" point guards that went first round after 2 years? Hell, after 4 years?

Yeah, there are some guys that transferred out or got drafted and didn't make an NBA roster, but these are kids that jump ship after 1 or two years that should have stayed longer.

It's hard as hell to play at UK. The workouts are hard and the pressure is high. Some kids aren't cut out for that, so they bail.
That's a lot of work, my man.

No chance in hell I'm putting that together. lol

I like Jeff but he said Zion might not have been taken #1 if he went to Washington. Washington being a school who just literally had a player go #1 two years earlier. Makes it hard to take his argument seriously after that.
I already stated that I exaggerated on the Zion part of my stance (post 153).

That's a lot of work, my man.

No chance in hell I'm putting that together. lol
And it's Friday.

Honestly, I hate this crap. These kids leave early after averaging 8 ppg and long before we ever get to see how good they can be. Then we start over from scratch the next season.

How we don't lose to Evansville every November is beyond me.

I hate the constant turnover and I hate how Cal sells our guys to the NBA, but if you're the kid or his parents, you're happy as hell.

Then I look around the country and see players like Powell still playing for Seton Hall as a senior. Winston is still at Michigan State, Dok still at KU, Diakite still at UVA, Tillie still at Gonzaga, Clark still at Baylor, Gillispie still at Baylor, Pritchard still at Oregon, Merrill still at Utah State, Markus Howard STILL at Marquette etc…

If any of those guys came to UK, they never would have seen their junior year in college.

I know it seems like I'm bragging, but I'm not, I hate it.

Ain't nobody got time for a 6 minute song.

I've heard many good stories of the oil/gas boom that occurred there in West Virginia this past decade. A good work buddy of mine said he had a high school friend from San Diego spend the first 14 years of his life there. He had absolutely nothing to do with the oil/gas industry. My buddy needed a lease signed and the West Virginia locals wouldn't talk to him at all. The oil company flew my work buddy's friend across the country, first class, and paid him $10,000 to talk to these West Virginia folks for literally only an hour or two. He spoke their language and they all signed the lease then got drunk on moonshine.

Wasn't that a Matt Damon movie lol

Wasn't that a Matt Damon movie lol
Ha. Nah that was Promised Land. That movie was funded by the United Arab Emirates. Them and the Saudi’s are not the biggest fans of the US shale boom and have done some sneaky shit to paint the industry under a negative light.

I liked it but there were a handful of wtf type moments but that’s expected in cinema.

I feel like the Pope, addressing Vatican City, just said my name.

tenor.gif

LOL, that was a REALLY long post, but a good one.

Now, you said that you have no idea if Mack has paid a player or did anything underhanded, because you think he would know better. But that's where I'm at with it. However, I'm being told that my head is in the sand when I say that, because it's blatantly obvious that everyone is cheating.

But when I ask the question "do you think your coach is cheating", I get "I don’t think so… .".

See, it's all good until the question is turned around and aimed at the people telling me my head is in the sand.

As far as Rose, I think he's a dickhead. I do think he cheated on his SAT, then refused to answer questions and let Memphis suffer the punishment.

Calipari was told on two different occasions, by the NCAA, that Rose was clear to play. Then, after the season was over, they said the found information that led them to believe Rose had his brother take the exam. Memphis refused to fight, so the NCAA took their banners away.

As far as the #1 and #2 tlrecruiting classes that UK amd Duke have had, well, there is an advantage that those schools have. Every game is on ESPN, great facilities and both coaches have proven that they have the best methods for getting kids to the pros.

If I'm a 4* or lower rated 5* kid, I'm going to UK or Duke, because they have more than proven that their methods can get me to the NBA. If you think you have the talent to make it, why would you take $30k to go play for an unproven coach at Memphis or Washington, when you can go play for a HOF coach at a blue blood program and have an excellent shot at earning a multi million dollar contract after 1 season.

Look at Zion, by going to duke and playing with other great players, he was on ESPN twice a week and built his brand and used that to become a #1 pick. If he went to Washington, I don't know if he gets that #1 pick. Maybe, maybe not, but look at Jaden McDaniels. Kid is a stud, but you wouldn't know it, because he's playing on the west coast on a horrible team and for a mediocre coach. He cost himself a lot of money by picking Washington over UK.

Lastly, you said you can't recall the last high profile recruit that was deemed academically ineligible. Well, it just happened… Quade Green. Guess where… Washington.

I meant ruled ineligible to attend college coming out of high school, not ruled academically ineligible while enrollled in college, you see that all the time. Quade isn’t a recruit anymore he’s a student athlete. I meant I can’t remember the last time a high profile HS kid was ruled ineligible to enroll/attend college and play basketball. I don’t wanna rehash the whole Bledsoe thing, but there’s no way he shoulda been eligible, with the facts we know, and had he went anywhere but UK I’m pretty positive bbn would agree.

Also markelle Fultz had no problem going to Washington and becoming the number 1 pick, just like Ben Simmons had no problem doing the same at LSU. And their coaches that “developed them into number 1 picks” aren’t even employed by the schools anymore. And James Wiseman is gonna be the next number 1 pick and he only played what 12 games at Memphis. So not sure calling out Memphis and Washington as ur example of why would Kids wanna go to unproven coaches was the smartest selection of schools on ur part. Shoulda went with Okie state or creighton or DePaul.

Also i know all about McDaniels and I’m not so sure McDaniels cost himself anything by picking Washington over UK. I have a feeling He is gonna be a higher draft pick than anyone on UKs current roster anyways, but who knows Maxey or maybe even richards may go higher. Also whose to say with the upperclassmen in UKs frontcourt that mcdaniels wouldn’t have ended up in the same boat as Whitney, not getting the playing time he coveted.

And I can play this game too and say Brooks cost himself a lot of money by not going to IU, where he would be getting unlimited PT and likely be one of their main focal points on offense, and possibly played his way into the lotto, where at UK he’s just fighting to get more mins than EJ and Sestina. (And he still may go in the lotto I have no clue if he’s on nba scouts radars or not, I’m not a big nba fan and certainly don’t trust any of the midseason or preseason mock drafts.

All you have to do is look back to last year. Ja Morant went to Murray effin State of all places and was drafted number 2 overall. Higher than anyone from UK, higher than every burger boy except 1, hell higher than anyone not named Zion. If you can play, the scouts will find you, whether it’s at Washington, Memphis, or OVC Murray State. Granted morant would have gotten more exposure at a bigger school, but it’s not like he cost himself any $$$ bc he was the number 2 overall pick, and no one was passing on Zion regardless of how the ping pong balls fell.

And I said I’d like to think Mack is smarter than that being the microscope we are under but I don’t know anything that goes on within the AD for sure, I’m just a fan same as you. And Mack was hired at UL after the fbi sting, (bc we fires our coach bc of said fbi sting) so it’s just not as good of a comparison as coaches that have been at the same schools before the FBI sting. As far as what he did as Xavier, again I have no clue, but it would not suprise me at all if Xavier was providing impermissible benefits. But again I have no clue, and even if they were I have no clue whether Mack did or didn’t know about it.

The head in the sand posts were aimed at those believeing their school hadn’t ever provided impermissible benefits/ payments before the fbi sting just bc they didn’t get caught, and that the only schools that were paying players were the ones that got caught. Had Mack been the coach at UofL before the fbi sting, (even if we hadn’t been directly named by the fbi) then yes I would have assumed Mack or someone within the program was breaking the rules.

Now that the fbi has become involved and the corruption has been “brought to light”, I think it would be extremely stupid for any program to continue to pay players, but again I have no idea if they are or aren’t but Id like to think no school would be that stupid/brazen, but again I’m sure there are exceptions.

I meant ruled ineligible to attend college coming out of high school, not ruled academically ineligible while enrollled in college, you see that all the time. Quade isn’t a recruit anymore he’s a student athlete. I meant I can’t remember the last time a high profile HS kid was ruled ineligible to enroll/attend college and play basketball. I don’t wanna rehash the whole Bledsoe thing, but there’s no way he shoulda been eligible, with the facts we know, and had he went anywhere but UK I’m pretty positive bbn would agree.

Also markelle Fultz had no problem going to Washington and becoming the number 1 pick, just like Ben Simmons had no problem doing the same at LSU. And their coaches that “developed them into number 1 picks” aren’t even employed by the schools anymore. And James Wiseman is gonna be the next number 1 pick and he only played what 12 games at Memphis. So not sure calling out Memphis and Washington as ur example of why would Kids wanna go to unproven coaches was the smartest selection of schools on ur part. Shoulda went with Okie state or creighton or DePaul.

Also i know all about McDaniels and I’m not so sure McDaniels cost himself anything by picking Washington over UK. I have a feeling He is gonna be a higher draft pick than anyone on UKs current roster anyways, but who knows Maxey or maybe even richards may go higher. Also whose to say with the upperclassmen in UKs frontcourt that mcdaniels wouldn’t have ended up in the same boat as Whitney, not getting the playing time he coveted.

And I can play this game too and say Brooks cost himself a lot of money by not going to IU, where he would be getting unlimited PT and likely be one of their main focal points on offense, and possibly played his way into the lotto, where at UK he’s just fighting to get more mins than EJ and Sestina. (And he still may go in the lotto I have no clue if he’s on nba scouts radars or not, I’m not a big nba fan and certainly don’t trust any of the midseason or preseason mock drafts.

All you have to do is look back to last year. Ja Morant went to Murray effin State of all places and was drafted number 2 overall. Higher than anyone from UK, higher than every burger boy except 1, hell higher than anyone not named Zion. If you can play, the scouts will find you, whether it’s at Washington, Memphis, or OVC Murray State. Granted morant would have gotten more exposure at a bigger school, but it’s not like he cost himself any $$$ bc he was the number 2 overall pick, and no one was passing on Zion regardless of how the ping pong balls fell.

And I said I’d like to think Mack is smarter than that being the microscope we are under but I don’t know anything that goes on within the AD for sure, I’m just a fan same as you. And Mack was hired at UL after the fbi sting, (bc we fires our coach bc of said fbi sting) so it’s just not as good of a comparison as coaches that have been at the same schools before the FBI sting. As far as what he did as Xavier, again I have no clue, but it would not suprise me at all if Xavier was providing impermissible benefits. But again I have no clue, and even if they were I have no clue whether Mack did or didn’t know about it.

The head in the sand posts were aimed at those believeing their school hadn’t ever provided impermissible benefits/ payments before the fbi sting just bc they didn’t get caught, and that the only schools that were paying players were the ones that got caught. Had Mack been the coach at UofL before the fbi sting, (even if we hadn’t been directly named by the fbi) then yes I would have assumed Mack or someone within the program was breaking the rules.

Now that the fbi has become involved and the corruption has been “brought to light”, I think it would be extremely stupid for any program to continue to pay players, but again I have no idea if they are or aren’t but Id like to think no school would be that stupid/brazen, but again I’m sure there are exceptions.

I wanted to read all this due to boredom but had to stop right here.

With these kids, there is no ethics as far as code of silence. You just had a kid pick up a chair and attempt to use it as a weapon, these kids are going to say what they want to say and they aren't going to care about some stupid code of ethics.

We're not just talking about 4 kids here, we're talking about thousands of kids over the last 60 years. Someone would have squealed by now if kids were getting paid.

U remember what John Wall said after he made a shot at the end of the game to beat (can’t remember the team) he said “ that’s what they pay me to do”. Def a slip on his part and doesn’t prove anything but those slip ups do happen.

You don't know who Tyler Herro is? He's a 4* from Wisconsin that played one year at UK and went lottery.

Shai Alexander is a 4* that played 1 year at UK and went lottery.

At non one and done schools, those kids usually get buried on the bench behind juniors and seniors, so I will repeat what I said, if they went to Texas and/or Wisconsin, they would still be at Texas and/or Wisconsin.

As far as Karl Townes, yes, I firmly believe that being at UK improved his draft position to the #1 spot.

What you fail to understand is Calipari is on the phone with NBA scouts more than he is with anyone else in his life. He organizes two "pro days" per year, where he brings as many NBA scouts in as he can fit in the gym and runs his players through pro drills to show those scouts what these kids are capable of.

Show me another non blue blood that does that. Does Washington do it? Texas?

Actually, I believe Auburn did it.

Lastly, Cal runs a pro style offense at UK, it translates well to the NBA, but sucks for college. It makes a difference. The NBA and UK walk hand in hand and whether you believe it or not, it makes a huge difference where you go to school in most cases.

Obviously guys like Ben Simmons, KD and Fultz didn’t need the lift, but it worked for many others.

It also failed for many others, so let’s not act like it’s a guarantee.

Last edited:

OK, i'm a sucker for entertainment and boredom is a hell of a drug.

this line of thinking really makes me laugh. Using the exact same line of thinking.

The FBI investigates and targets everyone who is doing wrong. If more schools were doing wrong, they would have implicated them too.

FBI investigates a child porn ring, Do they go after everyone, or just decide the shoes they wear is the only thing that matters.?

They targeted the criminals. If there were more, they would have targeted more. They don't care.

U remember what John Wall said after he made a shot at the end of the game to beat (can’t remember the team) he said “ that’s what they pay me

Do you want to explain how you took this out of context or should I?

Nvm, you said enough with...."can't remember".

Reactions: kyjeff1
And it's Friday.

Honestly, I hate this crap. These kids leave early after averaging 8 ppg and long before we ever get to see how good they can be. Then we start over from scratch the next season.

How we don't lose to Evansville every November is beyond me.

I hate the constant turnover and I hate how Cal sells our guys to the NBA, but if you're the kid or his parents, you're happy as hell.

Then I look around the country and see players like Powell still playing for Seton Hall as a senior. Winston is still at Michigan State, Dok still at KU, Diakite still at UVA, Tillie still at Gonzaga, Clark still at Baylor, Gillispie still at Baylor, Pritchard still at Oregon, Merrill still at Utah State, Markus Howard STILL at Marquette etc…

If any of those guys came to UK, they never would have seen their junior year in college.

I know it seems like I'm bragging, but I'm not, I hate it.

Ur wrong on that assessment imo. All of those guys u mentioned are great college players, but have serious flaws when it comes to the nba. Mainly athleticism for most of the list. The only one listed I see as an nba talent is dok and he woulda been long gone from Kansas if not for injuries. Winston, Powell, Howard, Merril don’t have the athleticism or potential the nba covets in their draft despite being phenomenal college players. I’d say it’s much more likely had they went to UK they would have transferred out after 1-2 years like wiltjer, Matthews, Greene, Whitney, Lee etc bc cal would have already replaced them with players that do have nba talent and potential.

Ur wrong on that assessment imo. All of those guys u mentioned are great college players, but have serious flaws when it comes to the nba. Mainly athleticism for most of the list. The only one listed I see as an nba talent is dok and he woulda been long gone from Kansas if not for injuries. Winston, Powell, Howard, Merril don’t have the athleticism or potential the nba covets in their draft despite being phenomenal college players. I’d say it’s much more likely had they went to UK they would have transferred out after 1-2 years like wiltjer, Matthews, Greene, Whitney, Lee etc bc cal would have already replaced them with players that do have nba talent and potential.
You really don't think they could cut it at UK? I honestly don't know if Calipari recruited any of them, so maybe you're on to something.

Jeez man, did it take you three days to type that? Props on dedication.

I'll say this. Bledsoe, from what I understand, put in the work that the teacher asked him to.put in to get his grade raised.

But I mean, how hard is it really? You're seeing kids skip grades that, lets be honest, wouldn't be able to do so if they weren't high profile players.

Duke got a kid to skip his senior year in 2 weeks for crying out loud. Is any of that crap legit?

How did Rashaad McCants even get through 9th grade, let alone make it on the Deans list at UNC? Are you kidding me? In his own words, he said he never even attended class and couldn't complete anything at the college level.

I don't recall reporters flying down from Chicago to investigate those players' transcripts, but several flocked to Alabama to investigate Bledsoe.

Who says you have to be ultra athletic to play a role in the NBA?
Those players will play in the NBA. You have to be highly skilled to pull it off, but there are a ton of guys that have hung around the NBA for a long time that aren't elite athletes.
You don't have to have NBA all star potential to play in the NBA, so I'm not sure why you're locked on that. You're descriptions of what it takes to play in the NBA are off, those are descriptions of what it takes to be a great NBA guy. You don't have to be Ja Morant to get there.

U remember what John Wall said after he made a shot at the end of the game to beat (can’t remember the team) he said “ that’s what they pay me to do”. Def a slip on his part and doesn’t prove anything but those slip ups do happen.

Are you seriously going to play dumb on that Wall comment? Typical Louisville fan bs. I thought you were above that. Do better man, do better.

I never said anything was a guarantee, all I said was those players, that would have been buried on the bench at other schools, got to the NBA after 1 or two years by playing at UK. I don't know what your response had to do with what I said.

Jeez man, did it take you three days to type that? Props on dedication.

I'll say this. Bledsoe, from what I understand, put in the work that the teacher asked him to.put in to get his grade raised.

But I mean, how hard is it really? You're seeing kids skip grades that, lets be honest, wouldn't be able to do so if they weren't high profile players.

Duke got a kid to skip his senior year in 2 weeks for crying out loud. Is any of that crap legit?

How did Rashaad McCants even get through 9th grade, let alone make it on the Deans list at UNC? Are you kidding me? In his own words, he said he never even attended class and couldn't complete anything at the college level.

I don't recall reporters flying down from Chicago to investigate those players' transcripts, but several flocked to Alabama to investigate Bledsoe.

That’s dead wrong about Bledsoe, his HS teacher came out on record and said Bledsoe’s grade was changed from the grade she gave him, aka the grade he earned in her class. And also based on her experience teaching Bledsoe that in her opinion there is no way he could have aced algebra 1 and 2 on his own ESPECIALLY since he aced Algebra 2 online before he even took Algebra 1 online.

Who says you have to be ultra athletic to play a role in the NBA?
Those players will play in the NBA. You have to be highly skilled to pull it off, but there are a ton of guys that have hung around the NBA for a long time that aren't elite athletes.
You don't have to have NBA all star potential to play in the NBA, so I'm not sure why you're locked on that. You're descriptions of what it takes to play in the NBA are off, those are descriptions of what it takes to be a great NBA guy. You don't have to be Ja Morant to get there.

No but you do have to be athletic and full of potential to be able to leave early and drafted highly which is what the convo was about, that had those players went to uk they would have already left early and been in the nba.

Look at Winston, he was the NPOY last year and still wouldn’t have been drafted in the first round. And I don’t agree with saying had he went to UK he would have already been in the nba, whenita not like he’s playing in some cupcake league compiling stats, he plays for one of the premier teams in the nation, won NPOY while playing in a conference that’s been consistently much better than the sec, and he still wasn’t on any nba teams draft radar as far as being a first round pick. I’m not sure how going to UK would have made him quicker and more athletic, which is the knock on him when it comes to the nba draft.

I mean it’s a hypothetical so there’s no way to prove it, but in my opinion I just don’t see it. There’s been many GREAT college players that weren’t drafted and didn’t stick in the nba long enough to cut a cup of coffee.

Are you seriously going to play dumb on that Wall comment? Typical Louisville fan bs. I thought you were above that. Do better man, do better.

I never said anything was a guarantee, all I said was those players, that would have been buried on the bench at other schools, got to the NBA after 1 or two years by playing at UK. I don't know what your response had to do with what I said.

The truth is no one knows what he meant by that comment. He coulda meant exactly what he said. Or he coulda had a slip of the toungie and said that as a mistake bc that’s what nba players say a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT