ADVERTISEMENT

Well now. McDonald's game might as well be Nike jr game.

I think Lurk is being facetious. The kid was underrated coming into college. Sort of like Donovan Mitchell, however I’m not comparing the two.
I think they're saying it because of a news story that just came out the other day. I had to google him to see what he was all about. Herro said he would still be at Wisconsin if he had gone there. The rest of the article kinda makes him look like a douche. But yeah, he went above and beyond.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think they're saying it because of a news story that just came out the other day. I had to google him to see what he was all about. Herro said he would still be at Wisconsin if he had gone there. The rest of the article kinda makes him look like a douche. But yeah, he went above and beyond.
I’ve never heard the kid talk, but if he sounds anything like he looks, i agree on the douchiness part.

Not really sure where to begin with this steez. It’s like Eminem meets Jeff Gordon.
EAsAUbtUYAEGfI1.jpg

Im ok with having more UK titles in my lifetime than KU (a prestigious blue blood) has in their history. (4)
As you should be. I’m not sure Kansas even makes the top 5 on your lifetime list, although they are ahead of Kentucky in my time of being a fan of them (since Fall of 98).

As you should be. I’m not sure Kansas even makes the top 5 on your lifetime list, although they are ahead of Kentucky in my time of being a fan of them (since Fall of 98).
I never pictured you as a late bloomer. Did it feel good coming out of the closet? :D

I remember when I was 8, my stepmoms family from eastern ky gave me some UK basketball shorts for Christmas. I thought about becoming a cats fan for a brief second, then realized I wasn’t gay. So yeah, there’s that.

I remember when I was 8, my stepmoms family from eastern ky gave me some UK basketball shorts for Christmas. I thought about becoming a cats fan for a brief second, then realized I wasn’t gay. So yeah, there’s that.
I still regret not driving through that part of the country when I had the chance several years back. I took a different route instead. I always wanted to see what people meant when they talked about the wild hills of West Virginia and Kentucky. I'll probably never have any reason to be back up there ever again. Oh well.

I still regret not driving through that part of the country when I had the chance several years back. I took a different route instead. I always wanted to see what people meant when they talked about the wild hills of West Virginia and Kentucky. I'll probably never have any reason to be back up there ever again. Oh well.

They don't put multiple one and done kids in the draft every year because they don't get multiple one and done type recruits like Duke and Kentucky do.

Do you think KAT playing on ESPN twice a week was the only way scouts got to watch him play? Why wouldn't he have gone #1 if he played at Oregon? The #1 picks in 2016, 2017 and 2018 all played at schools that don't get a ton of exposure. Two of them are less known for basketball than Oregon.

Why do you think Alexander couldn't have gone in the lottery at Texas?

Who is Tyler Herro?
You don't know who Tyler Herro is? He's a 4* from Wisconsin that played one year at UK and went lottery.

Shai Alexander is a 4* that played 1 year at UK and went lottery.

At non one and done schools, those kids usually get buried on the bench behind juniors and seniors, so I will repeat what I said, if they went to Texas and/or Wisconsin, they would still be at Texas and/or Wisconsin.

As far as Karl Townes, yes, I firmly believe that being at UK improved his draft position to the #1 spot.

What you fail to understand is Calipari is on the phone with NBA scouts more than he is with anyone else in his life. He organizes two "pro days" per year, where he brings as many NBA scouts in as he can fit in the gym and runs his players through pro drills to show those scouts what these kids are capable of.

Show me another non blue blood that does that. Does Washington do it? Texas?

Actually, I believe Auburn did it.

Lastly, Cal runs a pro style offense at UK, it translates well to the NBA, but sucks for college. It makes a difference. The NBA and UK walk hand in hand and whether you believe it or not, it makes a huge difference where you go to school in most cases.

Obviously guys like Ben Simmons, KD and Fultz didn’t need the lift, but it worked for many others.

Last edited:
...still stingin' from him lighting up U6's ass in the chicken bucket I see.
Nope. Just dresses like a dork. I knew you’d come running to his defense though. It’s alright to crack jokes on your own players. I’ve got no problem saying Russ Smith looked like an alien or Peyton Sivas line beard was cringe. The second I crack a joke on Cal or this herro kid, your g string snaps. Lighten up.

Ain't nobody got time for a 6 minute song.

I've heard many good stories of the oil/gas boom that occurred there in West Virginia this past decade. A good work buddy of mine said he had a high school friend from San Diego spend the first 14 years of his life there. He had absolutely nothing to do with the oil/gas industry. My buddy needed a lease signed and the West Virginia locals wouldn't talk to him at all. The oil company flew my work buddy's friend across the country, first class, and paid him $10,000 to talk to these West Virginia folks for literally only an hour or two. He spoke their language and they all signed the lease then got drunk on moonshine.

They lived in Barbourville KY, near Corbin. It was fascinating when we’d visit. They’d literally call us “city slickers”, and I’m from ****ing Louisville.

Shai Alexander is a 4* that.played 1 year at UK and went lottery.

At non one and done schools, those kids usually get buried on the bench behind juniors and seniors, so I will repeat what I said, if they went to Texas and/or Wisconsin, they would still he at Texas and/or Wisconsin.

As far as Karl Townes, yes, I firmly believe that being at UK improved his draft position to the #1 spot.

What you fail to understand is Calipari is on the phone with NBA scouts more than he is with anyone else in his life. He organizes two "pro days" per year, where he brings as many NBA scouts in as he can fit in the gym and runs his players through pro drills to show those scouts what these kids are capable of.

Show me another non blue blood that does that. Does Washington fo it? Texas?

Actually, I believe Auburn did it.

Lastly, Cal runs a pro style offense at UK, it translates well to the NBA, but sucks for college. It makes a difference. The NBA and UK walk hand in hand and whether you believe it or not, it makes a huge difference where you go to school in most cases.

Obviously guys like Ben Simmons, KD and Fultz didn’t need the lift, but it worked for many others.
Earlier you said Zion might not have gotten take #1 at Washington. Interesting to know that you think he needed the Duke/Kentucky lift but not Markelle Fultz.

Texas has freshman guys go first round all the time. Jaxson Hayes wasn't even a top 100 recruit and he went in the top 10. I could just as easily say there's no way he could do that at Kentucky or Duke because he'd only be the 5th best freshman but I'd just be throwing out an opinion like it's fact. Most of what you are saying is an opinion. I don't think the pro scouts rely as heavily on John Calipari as you think they do.

Out of all the "cities" i've lived in, Memphis is by far the most country. It takes a while to pick up the dialect. Still to this day(13 years), I ask customers to enunciate. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand anything you just said, can you..."

Reactions: UL_1986
Out of all the "cities" i've lived in, Memphis is by far the most country. It takes a while to pick up the dialect. Still to this day(13 years), I ask customers to enunciate. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand anything you just said, can you..."
Gonna be a lot different in Knoxville. You’ll suddenly be surrounded by a bunch of hoity toity kids from Nashville, Charlotte and Atlanta.

Earlier you said Zion might not have gotten take #1 at Washington. Interesting to know that you think he needed the Duke/Kentucky lift but not Markelle Fultz.

Texas has freshman guys go first round all the time. Jaxson Hayes wasn't even a top 100 recruit and he went in the top 10. I could just as easily say there's no way he could do that at Kentucky or Duke because he'd only be the 5th best freshman but I'd just be throwing out an opinion like it's fact. Most of what you are saying is an opinion. I don't think the pro scouts rely as heavily on John Calipari as you think they do.
No, I just think you don't understand how closely tied JC and UK are to the NBA.

There are more UK players in the NBA than any other program, period.

I actually hate it, I wish Calipari cared more about winning titles at UK instead of having the most draft picks, but whatever.

I probably exaggerated when I said Zion wouldn’t have gone #1 in the draft had he gone to Washington, but I guarantee you, had Jaden Mcdaniels went to UK instead of Washington (an NIT staple), he would go higher in the draft. I firmly believe that. You don't have to.

No, I just think you don't understand how closely tied JC and UK are to the NBA.

There are more UK players in the NBA than any other program, period.

I actually hate it, I wish Calipari cared more about winning titles at UK instead of having the most draft picks, but whatever.

I probably exaggerated when I said Zion wouldn’t have gone #1 in the draft had he gone to Washington, but I guarantee you, had Jaden Mcdaniels went to UK instead of Washington (an NIT staple), he would go higher in the draft. I firmly believe that. You don't have to.
Right. It's been discussed ad nauseam around here. I think most seem to believe this is because players who are projected to go to the NBA are more likely to attend Kentucky than other schools.

We can go around in circles on this. My main point earlier was that guys go to schools with little to no exposure all the time and get drafted in the first round as a freshman. I don't agree that the exposure at Duke/Kentucky gets guys drafted higher. Literally no scout is going to pick somebody because he played for Cal or K, they're going to pick a guy based on what they think.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
hahaha, we'll see.
Knoxville is a college town. I'm jealous. I love college towns. Everything is open until 3:00 AM. People are young at heart and more likely to be open minded/friendly. People tend to be smarter, there's more diversity. More bars. More restaurants. Less traffic than the city has. Should be an upgrade (IMO, with no real experience in either place).

Knoxville is a college town. I'm jealous. I love college towns. Everything is open until 3:00 AM. People are young at heart and more likely to be open minded/friendly. People tend to be smarter, there's more diversity. More bars. More restaurants. Less traffic than the city has. Should be an upgrade (IMO, with no real experience in either place).
I have to imagine there'll be less racism. I've never heard as much vile stuff from all ppl, as I've heard and witnessed here. Who the f#ck says "blue gums", or throws change at white ppl in restaurants instead of handing it to them? Tension doesn't properly explain it. I'll be glad when we're gone. PPL hate each other here.

Right. It's been discussed ad nauseam around here. I think most seem to believe this is because players who are projected to go to the NBA are more likely to attend Kentucky than other schools.

We can go around in circles on this. My main point earlier was that guys go to schools with little to no exposure all the time and get drafted in the first round as a freshman. I don't agree that the exposure at Duke/Kentucky gets guys drafted higher. Literally no scout is going to pick somebody because he played for Cal or K, they're going to pick a guy based on what they think.
It's your choice to believe what you want. I've just seen too many kids leave after 1 season at UK that wouldn't have left early at other schools and I firmly believe going to UK or Duke can and has improved draft positions of a lot of kids. I've given examples and reasons why it happens.

Looks like you picked up a fan, I hope his LIKE isn't as fake as his wife.

It's your choice to believe what you want. I've just seen too many kids leave after 1 season at UK that wouldn't have left early at other schools and I firmly believe going to UK or Duke can and has improved draft positions of a lot of kids. I've given examples and reasons why it happens.

Looks like you picked up a fan, I hope his LIKE isn't as fake as his wife.
Your best example is UK has a pro day, FTR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT