ADVERTISEMENT

Well now. McDonald's game might as well be Nike jr game.

Your right, I don’t have a clue if Mack is or isn’t paying recruits. I’d like to think he is smarter than that, but he did land a pretty nice class his first year on the job. And you are right no one knows, on a free anonymous message board anyways, whether or not any teams that haven’t already been caught are or aren’t paying players. It’s more about connecting the dots, but ur entitled to ur opinion and if I was a UK fan I might have the same line of thinking.

And I agree with you that Cal isn’t personally paying players, but I also don’t believe that Pitino knew the ins and outs of how Louisville/adidas were paying players, but most likely bc he didn’t want to know. Plausible deniability.

But I also don’t really understand why an agent would care what college a kid goes to. And there’s no way Dawkins was trying to get every recruit he paid according to his ledger to go to ncstate bc u can’t have 50-100 scholarship players on one team. And I certainly don’t understand why said agent would write “30k - bad loan” in his personal ledger to keep track of the payments he was making, if he really didn’t make the payment. But again it’s all just speculation.

But more than anything I don’t believe a Nike executive would admit to having to pay small ransoms to keep kids and their families/handlers happy to stay on their aau team, in a text to Kenny Payne, but Nike wasn’t involved in paying players to go to Nike colleges. I just can’t hardly believe the aau teams make any type of profits for Nike to be able to recoup those payments. And I don’t believe they would risk the eligibility of said players by paying them to stay on the Nike circuit, which if caught would cause them to forfeit their amateur status and ability to play NCAA basketball, but wouldn’t dare pay players to go to Nike colleges, as some believe. But I don’t know, with certainty, about anything regarding this scandal except what I’ve read that I assume most of all college basketball fans have read. Like I said it’s just using my opinion of common sense and connecting the dots, but that doesn’t make it true. Just makes it speculation.

And again I totally respect ur position and if I was a UK or Duke or (enter any program not named by the fbi) I might have the position/opinion. But idk I might still have a hard time believing that kids and ESP their handlers would leave any amount of free money on the table, but again I don’t know for certain so I totally understand why you feel the way you do about not labeling people cheaters and liars when there is no proof they cheated or lied. I think that’s a bit naive, but that’s just my opinion, and my opinion is no more noteworthy or important than ur opinion. The only thing for certain, u already hit on, none of us really know anything or have a clue on what’s going on behind the scenes at any school, except the ones that have already been caught.
Good post, but you didn't answer my main question.

Do you think Chris Mach has financially motivated a player to go to X or UofL?

I'll also add, do you think anyone associated with CM has financially motivated a player to go to X or UofL?

Me, I don't think Cal has paid a kid or organized any kind of a scheme to have others pay kids to come to any school he has been at.

Most people that have agendas, just throw out what happened at UMass and Memphis and Call Cal a slimy cheater, but that's because they never bothered to look at what happened in those cases. Apparently D. Rose had his brother take his SAT, what did Calipari do wrong there? He certainly didn't pay anyone.

An NBA agent got to Marcus Camby and gave him a bunch of money. How did that benefit UMass or Calipari? How does that mean Cal paid MC?

If it comes out that Cal did something underhanded while at UK, I will call him out.

Just ask Rupps Rafters about ole KYJeff1, I've had plenty to say about Cal, his lack of offensive coaching abilities and his stupid "NBA first" system that he has in place at UK. I'm not some huge Calipari fan, I'm a UK fan.

But we’ve all had this discussion before, and it’s been pretty much decided that the blue blood fans would need to see video of the $ exchanging hands, as well as audio, and bank statements and admissions of guilt to meet their personal “burden of proof”
I would settle for wire taps, text messages, photos or surveillance video. Some of those methods are what was used to catch the currently cache of schools that are in the NCAA's crosshairs.

I don't recall any blue blood fan asking title the stuff listed in your post.

re-read that entire article and focus on what's in quotations from Chapman. No conjecture from the author, just Chapman's quotes and tell me where he said why he left early.

I'll be right here.

Also, Chapman is constantly around UK for the past few years. He's at basically every game, most practices, and does interviews with the players. Yeah, he's harboring ill will.Eyeroll

You see and read what you want to, and pass it along as your facts (running with ignorance). Hate boners are like regular boners, they take blood from the big head and pass it to the little one.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC for 3
I’ve been talking about how dirty college sports is for years. Most have no clue how prevalent it is. My buddy played basketball for KSU and he told me about the extra “funds” he got. And that was Jim Wooldridge KSU.... he wasn’t exactly a high flying recruit. I knew somebody else who was a 3rd string RB at a Big XII school who was living a nice life with the extra cash he received. Nowhere near an impactful player. Both of them had stories they knew from other guys at other schools that would blow your mind.

Sports are dirty. If you’re one of those who believes your school is doing it the right way, I can assure you they are not. And don’t get me started on PEDs. But imo I don’t really care. I’ve had two decades to cope with the revelation.
This board is really naive to it all. It's really not even like it's some huge secret amongst those athletes at the top level in football and basketball. It is openly discussed. I saw it firsthand as a D1 athlete at Kansas. I remember my freshman year at a party where Kenny Gregory and Nick Bradford were at and some of us were asking what all goes on. They implied if you're playing at a P5 school then you probably were offered something. A friend from high school dated a 2nd string Oklahoma QB and he wasn't shy about talking about the benefits he got while there.

Now with how much smaller the world has gotten through social media, I have no doubt that it's probably less obvious than it used to be but there is absolutely no way it just stopped. It kind of blows my mind that some people refuse to think that it can happen at the highest levels with the top schools.

Did you know Rex's dad also dated African American girls in college and they (Kentuckians) didn't run him off? Rex was born and raised in Kentucky.

this is what I'm talking about when ppl just run with ignorance. they let their bias interfere with their credibility. As if UNC fan had any credibility.

"let me just say, "boabhabobhbhba hopla, baubuauudaua hopla."

Reactions: JC for 3
Did you know Rex's dad also dated African American girls in college and they (Kentuckians) didn't run him off? Rex was born and raised in Kentucky.

this is what I'm talking about when ppl just run with ignorance. they let their bias interfere with their credibility. As if UNC fan had any credibility.

"let me just say, "boabhabobhbhba hopla, baubuauudaua hopla."
I also know his sister Jenny dated black men.
I’ve proved what Rex himself said was a reason why he left UK early.
Sorry if your “UK ego” can’t handle it.
BTW, Wayne went to WKU. Maybe they’re not as racist as the good old boys in Lexington

This board is really naive to it all. It's really not even like it's some huge secret amongst those athletes at the top level in football and basketball. It is openly discussed. I saw it firsthand as a D1 athlete at Kansas. I remember my freshman year at a party where Kenny Gregory and Nick Bradford were at and some of us were asking what all goes on. They implied if you're playing at a P5 school then you probably were offered something. A friend from high school dated a 2nd string Oklahoma QB and he wasn't shy about talking about the benefits he got while there.

Now with how much smaller the world has gotten through social media, I have no doubt that it's probably less obvious than it used to be but there is absolutely no way it just stopped. It kind of blows my mind that some people refuse to think that it can happen at the highest levels with the top schools.
There’s a difference between THINKING it can happen and KNOWING it's happening. Your post is the first one I've seen where the phrase "think that it can happen" was used. Up.until your post, it's been "your head is buried deep in the sand if you think for a second that your school isn't cheating… .".

Hell, of course I think it can happen, I don't think one single person has denied that, but is it really necessary for everyone to just throw their hands in the air and claim as fact that their program is cheating? Some schools can, because they have been caught and the proof is out, but that's not enough to tell me for a fact that my school is definitely a cheater.

Hell, I've seen murderers get off scott free with a whole lot more evidence.

There’s a difference between THINKING it can happen and KNOWING it's happening. Your post is the first one I've seen where the phrase "think that it can happen" was used. Up.until your post, it's been "your head is buried deep in the sand if you think for a second that your school isn't cheating… .".

Hell, of course I think it can happen, I don't think one single person has denied that, but is it really necessary for everyone to just throw their hands in the air and claim as fact that their program is cheating? Some schools can, because they have been caught and the proof is out, but that's not enough to tell me for a fact that my school is definitely a cheater.

Hell, I've seen murderers get off scott free with a whole lot more evidence.
Fair enough. I'm not tied into that world at all anymore so I'm not positive of what's going on today. But I just don't think there's any possible way that any top program is doing things the right way. There's too much evidence out there that we know of that makes it completely obvious to me that guys are getting benefits and I also have previous life experiences to go off of. It would really blow my mind if a school and the players there were all proven to be clean. That will never happen though.

Fair enough. I'm not tied into that world at all anymore so I'm not positive of what's going on today. But I just don't think there's any possible way that any top program is doing things the right way. There's too much evidence out there that we know of that makes it completely obvious to me that guys are getting benefits and I also have previous life experiences to go off of. It would really blow my mind if a school and the players there were all proven to be clean. That will never happen though.
Okay, I just think we would have heard a heck of a lot more if it was happening as often and as rampantly (is that a word??? IDK, but I'm going with it) as everyone says it is.

Every program has had players that have transferred or got kicked out of the program, but I've not heard of a one of those kids getting upset enough to get in front of a microphone and tell everyone how he was paid. You would figure that would happen at some point right? I mean, if I'm going down… .WE'RE going down.

I just think it would be impossible to hide. Somebody would squeal eventually. Nobody has the ability to keep a secret, especially with twitter, fb and Instagram. It's too easy to spread the word.

Have you ever heard an ex player throw a school under the bus? Rashaad McCants did, but not for payments, he did it for the sham classes.

That's what makes me question this whole thing. If it was happening the way you guys are saying it is, someone would have squealed by now. How has that not happened?

Okay, I just think we would have heard a heck of a lot more if it was happening as often and as rampantly (is that a word??? IDK, but I'm going with it) as everyone says it is.

Every program has had players that have transferred or got kicked out of the program, but I've not heard of a one of those kids getting upset enough to get in front of a microphone and tell everyone how he was paid. You would figure that would happen at some point right? I mean, if I'm going down… .WE'RE going down.

I just think it would be impossible to hide. Somebody would squeal eventually. Nobody has the ability to keep a secret, especially with twitter, fb and Instagram. It's too easy to spread the word.

Have you ever heard an ex player throw a school under the bus? Rashaad McCants did, but not for payments, he did it for the sham classes.

That's what makes me question this whole thing. If it was happening the way you guys are saying it is, someone would have squealed by now. How has that not happened?
The code of silence when it comes to the media is a pretty huge thing to athletes. It's why it's so rare to ever get a good sports interview. It's why no coach or athlete ever has anything exciting to say post game, in season, off season, it's just blah blah blah.

We've seen that to be the truth in all sports at all levels. Baseball, football, basketball, golf. All of it. If you went public with anything you weren't supposed to you're out of the club. Nobody wants to have anything to do with you. Ever.

The code of silence when it comes to the media is a pretty huge thing to athletes. It's why it's so rare to ever get a good sports interview. It's why no coach or athlete ever has anything exciting to say post game, in season, off season, it's just blah blah blah.

We've seen that to be the truth in all sports at all levels. Baseball, football, basketball, golf. All of it. If you went public with anything you weren't supposed to you're out of the club. Nobody wants to have anything to do with you. Ever.
JFC, this couldn't be more truer. Some ppl want to get hung up on what ppl are saying, but in reality they're not saying anything. It's all media filler.

Every coach/athlete knows they're just going to twist words and create a storyline out of nothing.

National media, in every sense of the defintion, has never been lower in credibility. It's the peak of yellow journalism.

With these kids, there is no ethics as far as code of silence. You just had a kid pick up a chair and attempt to use it as a weapon, these kids are going to say what they want to say and they aren't going to care about some stupid code of ethics.

We're not just talking about 4 kids here, we're talking about thousands of kids over the last 60 years. Someone would have squealed by now if kids were getting paid.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
With these kids, there is no ethics as far as code of silence. You just had a kid pick up a chair and attempt to use it as a weapon, these kids are going to say what they want to say and they aren't going to care about some stupid code of ethics.

We're not just talking about 4 kids here, we're talking about thousands of kids over the last 60 years. Someone would have squealed by now if kids were getting paid.
If they could, they'd love to be the center of attention.

But I’ve already said they do openly talk about it. I’ve witnessed it. If me and Turin and dozens of other people I’ve met all have heard firsthand knowledge then I’d say that the kids are talking about it.

If you’re suggesting why haven’t they gone to CBS or ESPN then that’s a different topic. They would need to come forward with facts, proof, statements, etc. No respectable outlet is going to just report what some kid says without knowing for sure that it happened.

And let’s say that the kid does have all of those things lined up and does decide to go public with it. You know what it makes them? A rat. That’s what I’m talking about when it comes to the code of silence and the media. If you rat yourself out to the media then you’re breaking probably the biggest unspoken rule in sports. That is a HUGE deal.

If they could, they'd love to be the center of attention.
No doubt.
Everyone says it's been happening since the 60's (UCLA). You mean to tell me that nobody, not one single person in 60 years, has slipped and spilled the beans? Come on now.

There might be some cheating going on, but not as much as everyone is saying.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
But I’ve already said they do openly talk about it. I’ve witnessed it. If me and Turin and dozens of other people I’ve met all have heard firsthand knowledge then I’d say that the kids are talking about it.

If you’re suggesting why haven’t they gone to CBS or ESPN then that’s a different topic. They would need to come forward with facts, proof, statements, etc. No respectable outlet is going to just report what some kid says without knowing for sure that it happened.

And let’s say that the kid does have all of those things lined up and does decide to go public with it. You know what it makes them? A rat. That’s what I’m talking about when it comes to the code of silence and the media. If you rat yourself out to the media then you’re breaking probably the biggest unspoken rule in sports. That is a HUGE deal.
We have seen these kids do some of the dumbest things while on college. Steal cars, rape coeds, cheat on tests, not go to class at all, murder teammates (Baylor), domestic violence, attack others with a stool etc… , but not one of these kids has come out and said anything about being paid. Not even in passing. Not even after they're filthy rich and 20 years removed from college.

You're saying you went to school with dudes that talked about it like it was no big deal, so basically, they didn't see anything wrong with it. So, you were the only one that they told? They milust not have said anything outside of that conversation? If dudes are that willy nilly about it, we would all hear about it at some point.

So they only keep it a secret from the media?

Am I the only one that sees how far fetched this is? There is no way these kids… .. every one of them, for 60 years, has kept their mouths shut. Ain't no way.

Like I said, McCants had no problem squealing on UNC and that is nothing compared to what you guys claim is happening.

All those people in the know, this friend that person's gf etc lol could make a lot of money with a book and the talk show circuit.

Why is all this proof just hiding in the shadows? I think we know why...
Occam's razor

We have seen these kids do some of the dumbest things while on college. Steal cars, rape coeds, cheat on tests, not go to class at all, murder teammates (Baylor), domestic violence, attack others with a stool etc… , but not one of these kids has come out and said anything about being paid. Not even in passing. Not even after they're filthy rich and 20 years removed from college.

You're saying you went to school with dudes that talked about it like it was no big deal, so basically, they didn't see anything wrong with it. So, you were the only one that they told? They milust not have said anything outside of that conversation? If dudes are that willy nilly about it, we would all hear about it at some point.

So they only keep it a secret from the media?

Am I the only one that sees how far fetched this is? There is no way these kids… .. every one of them, for 60 years, has kept their mouths shut. Ain't no way.

Like I said, McCants had no problem squealing on UNC and that is nothing compared to what you guys claim is happening.
“We would hear about it at some point”

We hear about it all the time. Did you go to Kentucky? I promise you those who did have all heard rumors. Many more have probably heard it from the players mouths. I’ve been trying to tell you it’s not uncommon talk. Just because you haven’t been exposed to it doesn’t mean it’s it not happening.

Also, you seem convinced that these college athletes will do the dumb things you said above but you can’t convince yourself that they’d take things illegally from schools and agents? Or just not at Kentucky or Duke?

“We would hear about it at some point”

We hear about it all the time. Did you go to Kentucky? I promise you those who did have all heard rumors. Many more have probably heard it from the players mouths. I’ve been trying to tell you it’s not uncommon talk. Just because you haven’t been exposed to it doesn’t mean it’s it not happening.

Also, you seem convinced that these college athletes will do the dumb things you said above but you can’t convince yourself that they’d take things illegally from schools and agents? Or just not at Kentucky or Duke?
For those college athletes to take something, an adult would have to offer it.

If Bill Self handed that stool to DeSousa, Bill would be in even more trouble than the player, but Bill, nor any of KU's assistant coaches, gave him that chair, he picked it up over his head on his own.

Why would recruits/players not leak this stuff?

Well first of all, they have a few times here or there. Usually by accident though.

The simple reason why they don't, is because nobody intentionally wants to be involved in a scandal. Most athletes leave on at least decent terms, so why throw the coach under the bus? Even if they don't see eye to eye with their old coach, they still have a connection to the program and players still there. Why would they want to bring the hammer down on their old program?

You also have to ask about what you're saying. Dozens upon dozens of recruits have been proven to be taking money over the years. None of them willingly came out with this information, they were all caught 2nd or 3rd hand, and they all denied it until the end. Even when UCLA won like 12 titles in a row and we all know they were cheating, none of them admitted it at the time. I think the only one who ever admitted to anything was Bill Walton, and that's because he's got a screw loose and doesn't watch what he says. None of these kids who were caught in the Adidas scandal, admitted to any benefits, and they continued to deny it, even after leaving school.

Quite simply, athletes don't share these stories, because they have a vested interest in keeping their mouths shut, both for themselves and how people view them, and for their brethren.

I have read that 4 of UNC recruits for next years class are going to be McDonald ALL AMERICANS.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post, but you didn't answer my main question.

Do you think Chris Mach has financially motivated a player to go to X or UofL?

I'll also add, do you think anyone associated with CM has financially motivated a player to go to X or UofL?

Me, I don't think Cal has paid a kid or organized any kind of a scheme to have others pay kids to come to any school he has been at.

Most people that have agendas, just throw out what happened at UMass and Memphis and Call Cal a slimy cheater, but that's because they never bothered to look at what happened in those cases. Apparently D. Rose had his brother take his SAT, what did Calipari do wrong there? He certainly didn't pay anyone.

An NBA agent got to Marcus Camby and gave him a bunch of money. How did that benefit UMass or Calipari? How does that mean Cal paid MC?

If it comes out that Cal did something underhanded while at UK, I will call him out.

Just ask Rupps Rafters about ole KYJeff1, I've had plenty to say about Cal, his lack of offensive coaching abilities and his stupid "NBA first" system that he has in place at UK. I'm not some huge Calipari fan, I'm a UK fan.

I answered in my first sentence. I have no clue whether Mack is paying players, I’d like to think he’s smarter than that being how we are already in trouble, Hell double trouble. And I also have no clue if anyone associated with him has paid a recruit/player to come to Louisville during his tenure.

Just like u have no idea whether Calipari has or hasn’t. U can “think” or “believe” whatever you want, but you said it best, none of us on here know what’s going on behind the scenes of our favorite programs. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one persons opinion is more important than anyone else’s on a free anonymous message board.

Where did u hear that rose had his brother take the sat for him bc the only time I remember Rose being asked about it when the news broke, he simply said, “I dunno you’d have to ask calipari”. And followed up every other question with no comment. I know there was much speculation about why Rose took the “cheating” sat in Detroit when he lived in Chicago. But again it’s all speculation. But still I have a hard time believing Calipari didn’t know whether his prized recruit in that class was gonna be academically eligible or not, but who knows. So much has changed since then as far as eligibility is concerned, I can’t even remember the last high profile recruit that was deemed academically ineligible at any school, and I don’t hardly believe it’s a case of all the kids being smarter these days.

The main problem I have is the entitled attitude of the fans of blue bloods, like when u say “UK, Duke, and UNC, shouldn’t have to pay players, like any kid would happily turn down 6 figures elsewhere to get to play at one of the blue bloods, and they’d be stupid not to. Like how fans of blue bloods think their programs recruit themselves. Well the allure of UK didn’t work out quite so well for billy Clyde or tubby, nor Matt Doughtery (sp?) at unc, so UK and UNC didn’t exactly recruit themselves in those instances. Ks been at duke so long they don’t have any similar examples, but when he retires I doubt just anyone can step in and continue to recruit at the level K has been recruiting just bc it’s Duke, but I guess time will tell.

Also Cal had every one in his first class at UK lined up to play for Memphis (Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe etc) before the rose shit hit the fan there (well besides Orton and obv X Henry decided to go to Kansas after being a Memphis commit) And Lexington and Memphis are about as far apart on the opposite end of the spectrum as you can go as far as the cities are concerned. Just like Memphis and UK are about as far apart as programs go.

UK and Duke haven’t landed top 3 classes every year the past decade bc every recruit in the world dreams of playing For UK nor Duke (some do, there’s always exceptions, but not every kid) they have top 3 classes every single year bc of John Calipari and coach K.

And had Cal stayed at Memphis, had the rose scandal never broke and Memphis used their fed ex connections to make Calipari the richest coach in the nation there, then every single out of state recruit that played for UK since Cal arrived would more than likely Have went to Memphis, not UK. Despite UK being a blue blood and Memphis being Memphis.

As far as people with agendas throwing out theUmass and Memphis situations bc they don’t like Calipari, well most UK fans had the same opinion of Calipari as the rest of the nation before he was hired by UK. Kinda like superfan Matty Jones has that now infamous quote about how he had to root for Kansas in the NC game against Memphis bc he had no respect for the way Calipari runs his program from info he had learned in recruiting circles, or something along those lines. I even think he went as far as to call Calipari dirty in that post but I don’t remember it word for word. 12 years, numerous final fours, one title and 50 draft picks later and I’m pretty sure Jones would volunteer to be Caliparis toilet paper if he wanted him to.

But I get it, he’s the coach of ur team. I wasn’t as thrilled as some with the Pitino hire at the time it happened, bc I didn’t much like Pitino’s elitist attitude and that he appeared to be a bit of a snob. But I knew he could coach and after a few years of getting used to his style of play I felt we were extremely fortunate to have him as our coach. But alas Hindsight is 20/20 lol and like you I’m a fan of the program not the coach, regardless who the coach is.

All those people in the know, this friend that person's gf etc lol could make a lot of money with a book and the talk show circuit.

Why is all this proof just hiding in the shadows? I think we know why...
Occam's razor

Bc it would just become one persons word against another’s, with no evidence or proof other than word of mouth.

The same reason the fbi got involved. No ones gonna say anything bc they don’t want the IRS knocking on their door.

I answered in my first sentence. I have no clue whether Mack is paying players, I’d like to think he’s smarter than that being how we are already in trouble, Hell double trouble. And I also have no clue if anyone associated with him has paid a recruit/player to come to Louisville during his tenure.

Just like u have no idea whether Calipari has or hasn’t. U can “think” or “believe” whatever you want, but you said it best, none of us on here know what’s going on behind the scenes of our favorite programs. But everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one persons opinion is more important than anyone else’s on a free anonymous message board.

Where did u hear that rose had his brother take the sat for him bc the only time I remember Rose being asked about it when the news broke, he simply said, “I dunno you’d have to ask calipari”. And followed up every other question with no comment. I know there was much speculation about why Rose took the “cheating” sat in Detroit when he lived in Chicago. But again it’s all speculation. But still I have a hard time believing Calipari didn’t know whether his prized recruit in that class was gonna be academically eligible or not, but who knows. So much has changed since then as far as eligibility is concerned, I can’t even remember the last high profile recruit that was deemed academically ineligible at any school, and I don’t hardly believe it’s a case of all the kids being smarter these days.

The main problem I have is the entitled attitude of the fans of blue bloods, like when u say “UK, Duke, and UNC, shouldn’t have to pay players, like any kid would happily turn down 6 figures elsewhere to get to play at one of the blue bloods, and they’d be stupid not to. Like how fans of blue bloods think their programs recruit themselves. Well the allure of UK didn’t work out quite so well for billy Clyde or tubby, nor Matt Doughtery (sp?) at unc, so UK and UNC didn’t exactly recruit themselves in those instances. Ks been at duke so long they don’t have any similar examples, but when he retires I doubt just anyone can step in and continue to recruit at the level K has been recruiting just bc it’s Duke, but I guess time will tell.

Also Cal had every one in his first class at UK lined up to play for Memphis (Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe etc) before the rose shit hit the fan there (well besides Orton and obv X Henry decided to go to Kansas after being a Memphis commit) And Lexington and Memphis are about as far apart on the opposite end of the spectrum as you can go as far as the cities are concerned. Just like Memphis and UK are about as far apart as programs go.

UK and Duke haven’t landed top 3 classes every year the past decade bc every recruit in the world dreams of playing For UK nor Duke (some do, there’s always exceptions, but not every kid) they have top 3 classes every single year bc of John Calipari and coach K.

And had Cal stayed at Memphis, had the rose scandal never broke and Memphis used their fed ex connections to make Calipari the richest coach in the nation there, then every single out of state recruit that played for UK since Cal arrived would more than likely Have went to Memphis, not UK. Despite UK being a blue blood and Memphis being Memphis.

As far as people with agendas throwing out theUmass and Memphis situations bc they don’t like Calipari, well most UK fans had the same opinion of Calipari as the rest of the nation before he was hired by UK. Kinda like superfan Matty Jones has that now infamous quote about how he had to root for Kansas in the NC game against Memphis bc he had no respect for the way Calipari runs his program from info he had learned in recruiting circles, or something along those lines. I even think he went as far as to call Calipari dirty in that post but I don’t remember it word for word. 12 years, numerous final fours, one title and 50 draft picks later and I’m pretty sure Jones would volunteer to be Caliparis toilet paper if he wanted him to.

But I get it, he’s the coach of ur team. I wasn’t as thrilled as some with the Pitino hire at the time it happened, bc I didn’t much like Pitino’s elitist attitude and that he appeared to be a bit of a snob. But I knew he could coach and after a few years of getting used to his style of play I felt we were extremely fortunate to have him as our coach. But alas Hindsight is 20/20 lol and like you I’m a fan of the program not the coach, regardless who the coach is.
LOL, that was a REALLY long post, but a good one.

Now, you said that you have no idea if Mack has paid a player or did anything underhanded, because you think he would know better. But that's where I'm at with it. However, I'm being told that my head is in the sand when I say that, because it's blatantly obvious that everyone is cheating.

But when I ask the question "do you think your coach is cheating", I get "I don’t think so… .".

See, it's all good until the question is turned around and aimed at the people telling me my head is in the sand.

As far as Rose, I think he's a dickhead. I do think he cheated on his SAT, then refused to answer questions and let Memphis suffer the punishment.

Calipari was told on two different occasions, by the NCAA, that Rose was clear to play. Then, after the season was over, they said the found information that led them to believe Rose had his brother take the exam. Memphis refused to fight, so the NCAA took their banners away.

As far as the #1 and #2 tlrecruiting classes that UK amd Duke have had, well, there is an advantage that those schools have. Every game is on ESPN, great facilities and both coaches have proven that they have the best methods for getting kids to the pros.

If I'm a 4* or lower rated 5* kid, I'm going to UK or Duke, because they have more than proven that their methods can get me to the NBA. If you think you have the talent to make it, why would you take $30k to go play for an unproven coach at Memphis or Washington, when you can go play for a HOF coach at a blue blood program and have an excellent shot at earning a multi million dollar contract after 1 season.

Look at Zion, by going to duke and playing with other great players, he was on ESPN twice a week and built his brand and used that to become a #1 pick. If he went to Washington, I don't know if he gets that #1 pick. Maybe, maybe not, but look at Jaden McDaniels. Kid is a stud, but you wouldn't know it, because he's playing on the west coast on a horrible team and for a mediocre coach. He cost himself a lot of money by picking Washington over UK.

Lastly, you said you can't recall the last high profile recruit that was deemed academically ineligible. Well, it just happened… Quade Green. Guess where… Washington.

Have you looked at any recent draft @kyjeff1

Darius Garland - 5th - 2019 - Vanderbilt
Jaxson Hayes - 8th - 2019 - Texas
Mo Bamba - 6th - 2018 - Texas
Collin Sexton - 8th - 2018 - Alabama
Michael Porter, Jr. - 14th - 2018 - Missouri
Troy Brown, Jr. - 15th - 2018 - Oregon
Zhaire Smith - 16th - 2018 - Texas Tech
Markelle Fultz - 1st - 2017 - Washington
Jonathan Isaac - 6th - 2017 - Florida State
Dennis Smith, Jr. - 9th - 2017 - North Carolina St.
Zach Collins - 10th - 2017 - Gonzaga
Justin Patton - 16th - 2017 - Creighton

Kids get drafted all the time as freshman at schools that aren't known for their basketball. Multiple times a year in fact. I didn't even look at the full class for each year and look how many I listed. That's 12.

You really think Zion might not have been the #1 pick at Washington? A guy who many put in the top 5 biggest names of the draft since Lebron James? 2 years after Washington sent a freshman to the NBA as the #1 overall pick?

Reactions: UL_1986
Have you looked at any recent draft @kyjeff1

Darius Garland - 5th - 2019 - Vanderbilt
Jaxson Hayes - 8th - 2019 - Texas
Mo Bamba - 6th - 2018 - Texas
Collin Sexton - 8th - 2018 - Alabama
Michael Porter, Jr. - 14th - 2018 - Missouri
Troy Brown, Jr. - 15th - 2018 - Oregon
Zhaire Smith - 16th - 2018 - Texas Tech
Markelle Fultz - 1st - 2017 - Washington
Jonathan Isaac - 6th - 2017 - Florida State
Dennis Smith, Jr. - 9th - 2017 - North Carolina St.
Zach Collins - 10th - 2017 - Gonzaga
Justin Patton - 16th - 2017 - Creighton

Kids get drafted all the time as freshman at schools that aren't known for their basketball. Multiple times a year in fact. I didn't even look at the full class for each year and look how many I listed. That's 12.

You really think Zion might not have been the #1 pick at Washington? A guy who many put in the top 5 biggest names of the draft since Lebron James? 2 years after Washington sent a freshman to the NBA as the #1 overall pick?
How many of those schools put multiple kids in the first round every year?
Let me go back and check you list again… .

Yeah, I come up with zero.

There isn't a school out there that has even come close to putting as many freshmen in the NBA the last ten years as UK. Duke has put a ton of kids in there too.

I never said kids couldn’t go to other schools and still go lottery/first round, but do you think Karl Townes goes #1 in the draft if he goes to Oregon? No, he definitely would not have. He got a ton of exposure at UK.

Do you think Shai Alexander goes Lottery if he went to Texas? No.

Do you think Tyler Herro goes lottery if he decides to go to wisconsin? Hell no.

I know the 2nd contract in the NBA is the biggie, but I would rather go #1 in the draft over the 5th pick and I think you have the best chance for that if you go to UK or Duke.

How many of those schools put multiple kids in the first round every year?
Let me go back and check you list again… .

Yeah, I come up with zero.

There isn't a school out there that has even come close to putting as many freshmen in the NBA the last ten years as UK. Duke has put a ton of kids in there too.

I never said kids couldn’t go to other schools and still go lottery/first round, but do you think Karl Townes goes #1 in the draft if he goes to Oregon? No, he definitely would not have. He got a ton of exposure at UK.

Do you think Shai Alexander goes Lottery if he went to Texas? No.

Do you think Tyler Herro goes lottery if he decides to go to wisconsin? Hell no.

I know the 2nd contract in the NBA is the biggie, but I would rather go #1 in the draft over the 5th pick and I think you have the best chance for that if you go to UK or Duke.
They don't put multiple one and done kids in the draft every year because they don't get multiple one and done type recruits like Duke and Kentucky do.

Do you think KAT playing on ESPN twice a week was the only way scouts got to watch him play? Why wouldn't he have gone #1 if he played at Oregon? The #1 picks in 2016, 2017 and 2018 all played at schools that don't get a ton of exposure. Two of them are less known for basketball than Oregon.

Why do you think Alexander couldn't have gone in the lottery at Texas?

Who is Tyler Herro?

They don't put multiple one and done kids in the draft every year because they don't get multiple one and done type recruits like Duke and Kentucky do.

Do you think KAT playing on ESPN twice a week was the only way scouts got to watch him play? Why wouldn't he have gone #1 if he played at Oregon? The #1 picks in 2016, 2017 and 2018 all played at schools that don't get a ton of exposure. Two of them are less known for basketball than Oregon.

Who is Tyler Herro?
Herro is just a guy that'd still be playing @ Wisconsin instead of setting team/NBA records if he didnt attend UK.

We take full credit for his success.

Who is Tyler Herro?
My fav part of this post.

ADVERTISEMENT