ADVERTISEMENT

Well now. McDonald's game might as well be Nike jr game.

You are the one that is FOS, the Bam case doesn't involve UK. Dude tried to get him to go to NC State, Bam didn’t fall for it and he didn't take any money. Knox paid for his own meal and never took a cent. It's all in black and white.

If either case had any meat on the bone, shit would have gone down by now.

It’s funny you bring up Bledsoe, because you obviously stopped reading that case halfway through. That was investigated and Bledsoe was cleared. Pete Thamel took his dumb ass all the way down to Alabama, brought his shovel and dug up nothing but air.

You want so bad for UK to be guilty of something, it's dripping off of every post you put out, but all you're doing is showing everybody how ate up by UK you are.

Link something that backs up what you're saying or just continue to stand there and look like a typical Little Brother fan.

Do better.

I dont have to want for nothing bad to happen at uofk.
Its already happened

First ever death penalty under rupp.
Gay sex scandal under charlie Bradshaw.
Eddie sutton and emery.

You blew guys swore up and down caliperi was the dirtiest coach in all of basketball, yet yall hired him. 50 five stars later and now someone is covering up the EYBL stuff for 2 uofk players.

I dont think about yall like that. No Cards fan does. There will never be a 100 page thread on yall, like the 100 page thread yall had on UofL and that slimy ex uofk coach that used to be employed here.

Not talking about public speaking skills but when someone can barely put a sentence together then you can tell they’re not very educated.

He's been through alot.
Homeless. Pressures to go to certain schools.
Not meeting full academic requirements. Public scrutiny.
You might be right, but lets try and avoid scrutinizing players looks and personal stuff , to an extent.

He's been through alot.
Homeless. Pressures to go to certain schools.
Not meeting full academic requirements. Public scrutiny.
You might be right, but lets try and avoid scrutinizing players looks and personal stuff , to an extent.
That’s my point. He has been through a lot. I agree it’s damn near impossible to pass algebra 2 without passing algebra 1, just like you can talk to or listen a person & tell if they’re educated enough to actually pass college courses.
That was the point I was trying to make & I’ll leave it alone before it gets blown out of proportion.

Its already happened

Eddie sutton and emery.

You blew guys swore up and down caliperi was the dirtiest coach in all of basketball, yet yall hired him. 50 five stars later and now someone is covering up the EYBL stuff for 2 uofk players.

I dont think about yall like that. No Cards fan does. There will never be a 100 page thread on yall, like the 100 page thread yall had on UofL and that slimy ex uofk coach that used to be employed here.
The bolded sentence… .. biggest lie I have read on this board since I started reading this board. Wow.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
uofk fans wouldnt admit it , even if you gave them 1 billion dollars.

I would.

But then, I'd use some of it to build better living quarters for the team,
so . . .

giphy.gif

Okay, but if Louisville was not caught on wire taps and there was no proof or chatter out about Louisville paying players, would you just throw your hands in the air and admit guilt?

There's no doubt there is illegal crap going on all over the place, but excuse me for not being interested in calling my school and/or coaches cheaters when there is not a single thing out there that would indicate such a thing.

I've never been behind the scenes of a big-time college sports program and I'm betting very few on this forum have been/are either. So you running around telling everyone they’re heads are in the sand, seems kinda fvcked up don't you think?

These discussions keep coming up and so many of you that are fans of schools that have been caught, keep telling the rest of us that our heads are in the sand, when there's nothing out there that indicates our schools have done anything.

It's like me calling you a meth dealer simply because there are thousands of meth dealers out there, so odds are, you're a meth dealer. I have nothing that tells me you're a meth dealer, but I'm going to accuse you of it anyway.

So, you tell me, what are we supposed to be accusing our schools and coaches of doing? Are we supposed to just accuse our own schools of paying players, simply because you say it's happening? Tell us what you want us to do. Seems silly, but I'll play along.

I can tell you this, John Calipari can't take a damn leak in the woods without someone watching every move he makes. If you think he could get away with cheating for this long, you're nuts. Pete Thamel has been trying to catch Calipari for 15 years and he isn't the only one.

Yes even if Louisville wasn’t named in the fbi sting I would still find it hard to believe that we weren’t doing the same things that have been going on since the 70s and probably before that. So many people act like paying players began when the fbi stepped in, when it’s been going on for half a century. Before the FBI sting, then no I would not have thought Louisville was cheating just based on the average level of recruits we signed.

Also when an ex Nike executive says on a wire (which he didn’t know it was being recorded) that that’s how unc, duke, Cuse, and UK do it too, I tend to believe him bc I don’t see what he had to gain by lying.

And to me it’s just common sense that when fairly irrelevant programs like DePaul and Oklahoma State and creighton are paying players, that most everyone is doing it in some form or fashion, or DePaul and creighton and Oklahoma State would be much more relevant nation wide.

I also look at the schools that recruits have on their list. How many kids have chosen duke or uk or unc or anyone not named by the fbi also had Arizona or Louisville or Kansas on their list as well. I just have a hard time believing multiple players and their families/handlers would leave six figures on the table to go play anywhere for free, but I’m sure there Have been exceptions.

I also feel like it’s common sense that if the only schools that were named by the fbi were the only schools paying players, they would have been raking in higher ranked classes year in and year out. And as far as Louisville is concerned the only five star recruits we landed the decade before the fbi sting were Siva, blackshear, behanen, Shaq Aaron, and VJ king. With none being ranked in the top 10.

I’ll Go back to baracus and his crazy but enlightening hypothetical. If someone had a gun to your head and asked you if ur school had provided impermissible benefits ($) to land recruits and ur life depended on you guessing the right answer, bc like u said none of us have any inside info on what’s really goin on, but we all know what any fan of any relevant school would guess if their life was on the line, regardless of how educated they are regarding the FBI sting.

But I understand ur stance of not conceding that ur school is cheating when there’s no tangible proof. I just don’t buy that the only teams cheating were the ones that got caught. But I’m not gonna change ur opinion just like ur not gonna change mine so we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Yes even if Louisville wasn’t named in the fbi sting I would still find it hard to believe that we weren’t doing the same things that have been going on since the 70s and probably before that. So many people act like paying players began when the fbi stepped in, when it’s been going on for half a century. Before the FBI sting, then no I would not have thought Louisville was cheating just based on the average level of recruits we signed.

Also when an ex Nike executive says on a wire (which he didn’t know it was being recorded) that that’s how unc, duke, Cuse, and UK do it too, I tend to believe him bc I don’t see what he had to gain by lying.

And to me it’s just common sense that when fairly irrelevant programs like DePaul and Oklahoma State and creighton are paying players, that most everyone is doing it in some form or fashion, or DePaul and creighton and Oklahoma State would be much more relevant nation wide.

I also look at the schools that recruits have on their list. How many kids have chosen duke or uk or unc or anyone not named by the fbi also had Arizona or Louisville or Kansas on their list as well. I just have a hard time believing multiple players and their families/handlers would leave six figures on the table to go play anywhere for free, but I’m sure there Have been exceptions.

I also feel like it’s common sense that if the only schools that were named by the fbi were the only schools paying players, they would have been raking in higher ranked classes year in and year out. And as far as Louisville is concerned the only five star recruits we landed the decade before the fbi sting were Siva, blackshear, behanen, Shaq Aaron, and VJ king. With none being ranked in the top 10.

I’ll Go back to baracus and his crazy but enlightening hypothetical. If someone had a gun to your head and asked you if ur school had provided impermissible benefits ($) to land recruits and ur life depended on you guessing the right answer, bc like u said none of us have any inside info on what’s really goin on, but we all know what any fan of any relevant school would guess if their life was on the line, regardless of how educated they are regarding the FBI sting.

But I understand ur stance of not conceding that ur school is cheating when there’s no tangible proof. I just don’t buy that the only teams cheating were the ones that got caught. But I’m not gonna change ur opinion just like ur not gonna change mine so we can agree to disagree.
Do you think Chris Mack or anyone on his staff has paid a player to come to UL?

I don't care about Depaul or any other little program, those programs almost have to pay elite players to go to their school. But if you're a school like Louisville, why do you feel the need to pay kids to come to your school?

If you're UK/UNC/Duke, you shouldn't have to pay kids to go to your school.

No, I don't believe Cal is paying players, I just don't. The ice he stands on is too thin for him to try to get away with that.

Truth is, not a single person on this board can say with certainty, that UK or Cal has paid a kid money to coerce him to come to UK.

An agent tried to pay Bam and Knox to go to NC State, not UK.

Again, I'm not into calling people liars and cheaters unless I know that they are.

I get why Louisville, Maryland, LSU and Arizona fans are running around saying everyone is doing it, but I'm not going to say my school is cheating when I have nothing that tells me they are.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Nike is using a loop hole method of paying a players parents to run an AAU team... it SHOULD be cheating but it isnt yet.

Didnt you read my post......... its Adidas doing the cheating vs individual schools on Nike's side cheating. Book Richardson mentioned Miller paying players.. not Nike paying them. Seems like Nike isnt paying players unless its legal loop holes... and if their teams want to cheat.. its upon those programs to do the paying.

Adidas is trying to catch up to Nike....... so they of course are going to put themselves out there with more risky moves than Nike is willing to do.
How many top 10 guys has Kentucky signed over the last 12 years? I know UK is a tip program, and Calipari is a salesman, but nobody’s that good of a salesman, especially when so many other schools are offering good money to kids who aren’t even top 10. Players aren’t going to pass up good money just so they can play for Calipari or UK, especially since many of them are kids who grew up with nothing. Sorry but that isn’t happening. Only a truly gullible person would believe that UK players aren’t getting paid.

They are getting paid by NIKE or UK.

How many top 10 guys has Kentucky signed over the last 12 years? I know UK is a tip program, and Calipari is a salesman, but nobody’s that good of a salesman, especially when so many other schools are offering good money to kids who aren’t even top 10. Players aren’t going to pass up good money just so they can play for Calipari or UK, especially since many of them are kids who grew up with nothing. Sorry but that isn’t happening. Only a truly gullible person would believe that UK players aren’t getting paid.

They are getting paid by NIKE or UK.

....again, there's speculation and then then there's fact. Try to know the difference.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL

I’ve been talking about how dirty college sports is for years. Most have no clue how prevalent it is. My buddy played basketball for KSU and he told me about the extra “funds” he got. And that was Jim Wooldridge KSU.... he wasn’t exactly a high flying recruit. I knew somebody else who was a 3rd string RB at a Big XII school who was living a nice life with the extra cash he received. Nowhere near an impactful player. Both of them had stories they knew from other guys at other schools that would blow your mind.

Sports are dirty. If you’re one of those who believes your school is doing it the right way, I can assure you they are not. And don’t get me started on PEDs. But imo I don’t really care. I’ve had two decades to cope with the revelation.

Do you think Chris Mack or anyone on his staff has paid a player to come to UL?

I don't care about Depaul or any other little program, those programs almost have to pay elite players to go to their school. But if you're a school like Louisville, why do you feel the need to pay kids to come to your school?

If you're UK/UNC/Duke, you shouldn't have to pay kids to go to your school.

No, I don't believe Cal is paying players, I just don't. The ice he stands on is too thin for him to try to get away with that.

Truth is, not a single person on this board can say with certainty, that UK or Cal has paid a kid money to coerce him to come to UK.

An agent tried to pay Bam and Knox to go to NC State, not UK.

Again, I'm not into calling people liars and cheaters unless I know that they are.

I get why Louisville, Maryland, LSU and Arizona fans are running around saying everyone is doing it, but I'm not going to say my school is cheating when I have nothing that tells me they are.

Your right, I don’t have a clue if Mack is or isn’t paying recruits. I’d like to think he is smarter than that, but he did land a pretty nice class his first year on the job. And you are right no one knows, on a free anonymous message board anyways, whether or not any teams that haven’t already been caught are or aren’t paying players. It’s more about connecting the dots, but ur entitled to ur opinion and if I was a UK fan I might have the same line of thinking.

And I agree with you that Cal isn’t personally paying players, but I also don’t believe that Pitino knew the ins and outs of how Louisville/adidas were paying players, but most likely bc he didn’t want to know. Plausible deniability.

But I also don’t really understand why an agent would care what college a kid goes to. And there’s no way Dawkins was trying to get every recruit he paid according to his ledger to go to ncstate bc u can’t have 50-100 scholarship players on one team. And I certainly don’t understand why said agent would write “30k - bad loan” in his personal ledger to keep track of the payments he was making, if he really didn’t make the payment. But again it’s all just speculation.

But more than anything I don’t believe a Nike executive would admit to having to pay small ransoms to keep kids and their families/handlers happy to stay on their aau team, in a text to Kenny Payne, but Nike wasn’t involved in paying players to go to Nike colleges. I just can’t hardly believe the aau teams make any type of profits for Nike to be able to recoup those payments. And I don’t believe they would risk the eligibility of said players by paying them to stay on the Nike circuit, which if caught would cause them to forfeit their amateur status and ability to play NCAA basketball, but wouldn’t dare pay players to go to Nike colleges, as some believe. But I don’t know, with certainty, about anything regarding this scandal except what I’ve read that I assume most of all college basketball fans have read. Like I said it’s just using my opinion of common sense and connecting the dots, but that doesn’t make it true. Just makes it speculation.

And again I totally respect ur position and if I was a UK or Duke or (enter any program not named by the fbi) I might have the position/opinion. But idk I might still have a hard time believing that kids and ESP their handlers would leave any amount of free money on the table, but again I don’t know for certain so I totally understand why you feel the way you do about not labeling people cheaters and liars when there is no proof they cheated or lied. I think that’s a bit naive, but that’s just my opinion, and my opinion is no more noteworthy or important than ur opinion. The only thing for certain, u already hit on, none of us really know anything or have a clue on what’s going on behind the scenes at any school, except the ones that have already been caught.

....again, there's speculation and then then there's fact. Try to know the difference.
I do know the difference. And I also have real world experience. And that experience tells me that high school kids don’t pass up thousands of dollars unless they’re getting something better in return....like even more thousands of dollars. Use your brain cells, this isn’t rocket science.

I do know the difference. And I also have real world experience. And that experience tells me that high school kids don’t pass up thousands of dollars unless they’re getting something better in return....like even more thousands of dollars. Use your brain cells, this isn’t rocket science.

And it’s tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars supposedly being passed up, to further strengthen ur argument.

Yeah, the moon landing was staged too.

But we’ve all had this discussion before, and it’s been pretty much decided that the blue blood fans would need to see video of the $ exchanging hands, as well as audio, and bank statements and admissions of guilt to meet their personal “burden of proof”

Its already happened

Eddie sutton and emery.

What????

Its already happened

Eddie sutton and emery.

Don’t forget Rex Chapman leaving UK because he was told he couldn’t date black females.

Don’t forget Rex Chapman leaving UK because he was told he couldn’t date black females.
Is that the way you remember it? Nothing to do with the NBA? Laughing

Are you even old enough to remember Chapman at UK, much less follow his UK career, or did you just madlib your way through that horseshit line of thinking and now running with your recollection?

I feel bad for bringing up your fake wife, but you have a very distorted sense of reality.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=2061773

Just going by what he said.
I was a freshman when Rex was a senior at Apollo.
So, again, that's why he left UK early like you suggested?

Also, MVP votes were also racially motivated. Laughing

Last week, Chapman suggested that race might have influenced the voting for the NBA's MVP award. It was won by Suns guard Steve Nash, who is white; he narrowly beat Miami star Shaquille O'Neal, who is black.

Later, in an interview with ESPN.com, Chapman again talked about race in MVP voting and the close watch on his dating habits at Kentucky.

The Thin Thirty: The Untold Story of Brutality, Scandal and Redemption for Charlie Bradshaw's 1962 Kentucky Football Team
Book by Shannon Ragland

Charlie Bradshaw, Bear Bryant disciple - new coach at Kentucky in 1962 -- brutal methods thinned the team from 88 players to just thirty -- 1962 featured a gay sex scandal on the team involving Rock Hudson and the team also fixed a football game

No. The author suggested it, but Chapman never said it.

You're hate boner for UK never gets old. Please don't ever stop.
Former Kentucky star Rex Chapman told a newspaper that school officials tried to stop him from dating black women or at least "hide it" rather than inflame fans.

"There were certain aspects of my time there that were really ugly," Chapman, who is white, said in a story published by The Courier-Journal on Monday. "I don't know how it is today, but that's how it was 20 years ago."

Chapman said scrutiny of his private life by athletic department officials, boosters and others hastened his departure from Kentucky. He left after two seasons and entered the NBA draft in 1988.

So, again, that's why he left UK early like you suggested?

Also, MVP votes were also racially motivated. Laughing

Last week, Chapman suggested that race might have influenced the voting for the NBA's MVP award. It was won by Suns guard Steve Nash, who is white; he narrowly beat Miami star Shaquille O'Neal, who is black.

Later, in an interview with ESPN.com, Chapman again talked about race in MVP voting and the close watch on his dating habits at Kentucky.

I heard about this also.
uofk administration didnt like him dating women of colour.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Former Kentucky star Rex Chapman told a newspaper that school officials tried to stop him from dating black women or at least "hide it" rather than inflame fans.

"There were certain aspects of my time there that were really ugly," Chapman, who is white, said in a story published by The Courier-Journal on Monday. "I don't know how it is today, but that's how it was 20 years ago."

Chapman said scrutiny of his private life by athletic department officials, boosters and others hastened his departure from Kentucky. He left after two seasons and entered the NBA draft in 1988.
Still looking for a Chapman quote and not an author's assumption.

I'm not defending bigots, but I'm also not saying Chapman wasn't ready for the NBA, which he clearly was.

ADVERTISEMENT