ADVERTISEMENT

Well now. McDonald's game might as well be Nike jr game.

KerryRhodes

Dec 15, 2007
Louisville
Just saw a post on Twitter from yesterday that says 16 kids from Nike’s EYBL made the McDonald’s All American game. 4 kids from the Adidas Gauntlet. 3 from Under Armour. And 1 player from an independent league.

It’s why some players won’t commit to a school until after they get an invite....

Maybe they're all hoping to score the ever-elusive Betsy Ross edition of shoes.

nike-betsy-ross.jpg

Looks like the selection committee finally got tired of Addias and all the cheating. Take the trash out McDs, salute!

Reactions: JC for 3
Which ones? Arizona?

And LSU. I’m not sure what umbrella the DePaul’s and creightons of the world fall under, probably adidas to weaken my argument lol.

Edit: Creighton and DePaul are Nike schools along with Oklahoma State, all named in the FBI sting.

Last edited:
Adidas' shoes suck. They should have saved themselves all the FBI troubles and realized that before pulling out all the stops to surpass Nike in the shoe business.

^^^^^ says the guy who thinks adidas was in bidding wars with themselves, and that Nike would never stoop so low. Paying kids to stay on Nike aau teams, sure, but never would they ever pay kids to attend Nike colleges.

^^^^^ says the guy who thinks adidas was in bidding wars with themselves, and that Nike would never stoop so low. Paying kids to stay on Nike aau teams, sure, but never would they ever pay kids to attend Nike colleges.
I'm sure adidas was in bidding wars with themselves. One team vs. another team.

Adidas was in bidding wars with Under Armour........ 0 proof that Nike was involved. only proof is that rogue schools like Zona were in bidding wars due to book richardson saying Miller paid for players , no mention of Nike.

Reactions: JC for 3
Adidas was in bidding wars with Under Armour........ 0 proof that Nike was involved. only proof is that rogue schools like Zona were in bidding wars due to book richardson saying Miller paid for players , no mention of Nike.

What about Bagley’s parents?

So I guess players who told Adidas they wanted $, ended up going to Nike schools for love of the game?

I mean the Adidas guys had blatant communication on record where they’re discussing the fact that they’re getting outbid by Nike.

Anybody who doesn’t think Nike was bidding for players is a gullible fool who roots for a Nike school.

Used to look forward to this but the way ESPN covers it has made it unwatchable

Adidas' shoes suck. They should have saved themselves all the FBI troubles and realized that before pulling out all the stops to surpass Nike in the shoe business.

Cap. Adidas makes really good shoes globally.

tenor.gif

A Michigan commit is playing in this for the first time since I’ve been a college basketball fan. I’m excited.

Zona, Creighton, DePaul, and Oklahoma State are Nike schools who where caught up in the same wire tap.

I guess y’all gotta helluva view with ur heads in the sand.

If adidas was the only brand paying players, then adidas schools would have been raking in all the top 5 classes for the past few years. And it’s cute how many of you think ur school is so special that every single 18 year old kid who signed with ur school would turn down free money just to play for said school.

A Michigan commit is playing in this for the first time since I’ve been a college basketball fan. I’m excited.
That's pretty wild Michigan hasn't had any Burger Boys in that long and has been pretty relevant, a testament to their coaches.

I don’t follow Michigan very closely but they seem to be missing Beilein, in the worst kind of way. They were better at the start of the season than they are now, and that should never be the case for any team. I’m not sayin Howard will be a complete bust, but I can’t help but feel like if beilein was still the coach, they’d be having a much better season. They have the pieces to be an excellent team, and they showed that early in the pre season tourneys, but lately they have been just sort of mehhhhh.

That's pretty wild Michigan hasn't had any Burger Boys in that long and has been pretty relevant, a testament to their coaches.

Glenn Robinson III really should’ve gotten an invite. He was the #9 player in the country that year. Zak Irvin was another 5* not invited but he may have shot up after the selections I don’t remember.

Glenn Robinson III really should’ve gotten an invite. He was the #9 player in the country that year. Zak Irvin was another 5* not invited but he may have shot up after the selections I don’t remember.
How did Big Dog III not make it as the 9th overall player? The process does seem a little odd.

How did Big Dog III not make it as the 9th overall player? The process does seem a little odd.
I remember when the Wear twins made it as North Carolina recruits when they were mid level 4 stars. I think that's the first time I realized that the college the recruits were committed to had a lot to do with who was picked to play in the game.

What about Bagley’s parents?
Nike is using a loop hole method of paying a players parents to run an AAU team... it SHOULD be cheating but it isnt yet.

So I guess players who told Adidas they wanted $, ended up going to Nike schools for love of the game?

I mean the Adidas guys had blatant communication on record where they’re discussing the fact that they’re getting outbid by Nike.

Anybody who doesn’t think Nike was bidding for players is a gullible fool who roots for a Nike school.

Didnt you read my post......... its Adidas doing the cheating vs individual schools on Nike's side cheating. Book Richardson mentioned Miller paying players.. not Nike paying them. Seems like Nike isnt paying players unless its legal loop holes... and if their teams want to cheat.. its upon those programs to do the paying.

Adidas is trying to catch up to Nike....... so they of course are going to put themselves out there with more risky moves than Nike is willing to do.

Reactions: wesr
Zona, Creighton, DePaul, and Oklahoma State are Nike schools who where caught up in the same wire tap.

I guess y’all gotta helluva view with ur heads in the sand.

If adidas was the only brand paying players, then adidas schools would have been raking in all the top 5 classes for the past few years. And it’s cute how many of you think ur school is so special that every single 18 year old kid who signed with ur school would turn down free money just to play for said school.
Okay, but if Louisville was not caught on wire taps and there was no proof or chatter out about Louisville paying players, would you just throw your hands in the air and admit guilt?

There's no doubt there is illegal crap going on all over the place, but excuse me for not being interested in calling my school and/or coaches cheaters when there is not a single thing out there that would indicate such a thing.

I've never been behind the scenes of a big-time college sports program and I'm betting very few on this forum have been/are either. So you running around telling everyone they’re heads are in the sand, seems kinda fvcked up don't you think?

These discussions keep coming up and so many of you that are fans of schools that have been caught, keep telling the rest of us that our heads are in the sand, when there's nothing out there that indicates our schools have done anything.

It's like me calling you a meth dealer simply because there are thousands of meth dealers out there, so odds are, you're a meth dealer. I have nothing that tells me you're a meth dealer, but I'm going to accuse you of it anyway.

So, you tell me, what are we supposed to be accusing our schools and coaches of doing? Are we supposed to just accuse our own schools of paying players, simply because you say it's happening? Tell us what you want us to do. Seems silly, but I'll play along.

I can tell you this, John Calipari can't take a damn leak in the woods without someone watching every move he makes. If you think he could get away with cheating for this long, you're nuts. Pete Thamel has been trying to catch Calipari for 15 years and he isn't the only one.

Okay, but if Louisville was not caught on wire taps and there was no proof or chatter out about Louisville paying players, would you just throw your hands in the air and admit guilt?

There's no doubt there is illegal crap going on all over the place, but excuse me for not being interested in calling my school and/or coaches cheaters when there is not a single thing out there that would indicate such a thing.

I've never been behind the scenes of a big-time college sports program and I'm betting very few on this forum have been/are either. So you running around telling everyone they’re heads are in the sand, seems kinda fvcked up don't you think?

These discussions keep coming up and so many of you that are fans of schools that have been caught, keep telling the rest of us that our heads are in the sand, when there's nothing out there that indicates our schools have done anything.

It's like me calling you a meth dealer simply because there are thousands of meth dealers out there, so odds are, you're a meth dealer. I have nothing that tells me you're a meth dealer, but I'm going to accuse you of it anyway.

So, you tell me, what are we supposed to be accusing our schools and coaches of doing? Are we supposed to just accuse our own schools of paying players, simply because you say it's happening? Tell us what you want us to do. Seems silly, but I'll play along.

I can tell you this, John Calipari can't take a damn leak in the woods without someone watching every move he makes. If you think he could get away with cheating for this long, you're nuts. Pete Thamel has been trying to catch Calipari for 15 years and he isn't the only one.

As usual, youre FOS

adebayo, knox and the other player
are on deck to be investigated.

Yall constantly rail at UNC, while ignoring that bledsoe passed algebra 2 while not having passed Algebra 1.
Impossible.
That makes him academically ineligible.
Continue to hypocrit

Reactions: uncfan in ky
As usual, youre FOS

Yall constantly rail at UNC, while ignoring that bledsoe passed algebra 2 while not having passed Algebra 1.
Impossible.
Continue to hypocrit
Go watch the press conference when Bledsoe picked UK.
He could barely speak English.

As usual, youre FOS

Impossible.
Continue to hypocrit
You are the one that is FOS, the Bam case doesn't involve UK. Dude tried to get him to go to NC State, Bam didn’t fall for it and he didn't take any money. Knox paid for his own meal and never took a cent. It's all in black and white.

If either case had any meat on the bone, shit would have gone down by now.

It’s funny you bring up Bledsoe, because you obviously stopped reading that case halfway through. That was investigated and Bledsoe was cleared. Pete Thamel took his dumb ass all the way down to Alabama, brought his shovel and dug up nothing but air.

You want so bad for UK to be guilty of something, it's dripping off of every post you put out, but all you're doing is showing everybody how ate up by UK you are.

Link something that backs up what you're saying or just continue to stand there and look like a typical Little Brother fan.

Do better.

Oh wow, so now we're going to trash the kid now? How classy.

At least UK didn’t put him on the Dean's list. #RashaadMcCants
Didn’t trash him at all.
Just find it very hard to believe he could pass college courses.

Go watch the press conference when Bledsoe picked UK.
He could barely speak English.

Im not going to harp on his public speaking skills.
I couldnt do it and im 47.

I will harp on his academic deficiencies. He was ineligible.
uofk fans wouldnt admit it , even if you gave them 1 billion dollars.

Im not going to harp on his public speaking skills.
I couldnt do it and im 47.

I will harp on his academic deficiencies. He was ineligible.
uofk fans wouldnt admit it , even if you gave them 1 billion dollars.
Not talking about public speaking skills but when someone can barely put a sentence together then you can tell they’re not very educated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT