ADVERTISEMENT

Well gee wiz, is it baseball season yet?!

Kicked the bully in the sack and then tapped out, huh?

smh.gif

I’m with you. UK is heading to the NIT so I’m actually looking forward to the Reds. Reds should be okay this year.

That 2015 run by UVA was one of the most fun times I’ve had watching baseball

IU's been pretty good for the past 6-7 years, really. Went to the CWS a few years back.

The last few years have been the best in the program's history.
I often wonder what schools like IU, West Virginia and Louisville and UK do for midweek games.

All four are ranked and are trending upward in college baseball

Still, The teams in Texas and Louisiana can always find a quality midweek opponent.
It is a bigger deal for IU because those other schools play in baseball conferences.
Truthfully being around CBaseball for awhile I have noticed the more games and the better opposition you play prepares you for the NCAA Tournament.

The last few years have been the best in the program's history.
I often wonder what schools like IU, West Virginia and Louisville and UK do for midweek games.

All four are ranked and are trending upward in college baseball

Still, The teams in Texas and Louisiana can always find a quality midweek opponent.
It is a bigger deal for IU because those other schools play in baseball conferences.
Truthfully being around CBaseball for awhile I have noticed the more games and the better opposition you play prepares you for the NCAA Tournament.
They play one another....All four are very good programs.

I agree teams in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Cali, etc, etc...have huge advantages. One is obvious: The weather. The second is the amount of good competition. And it's usually nearby.

I like where UK and IU are headed. UL is going to be a beast as long as McDonnell is there. He's a baseball genius, man. Super nice guy too...Unless of course he feels you;re squeezing his ace...:eek:

They play one another....All four are very good programs.

I agree teams in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Cali, etc, etc...have huge advantages. One is obvious: The weather. The second is the amount of good competition. And it's usually nearby.

I like where UK and IU are headed. UL is going to be a beast as long as McDonnell is there. He's a baseball genius, man. Super nice guy too...Unless of course he feels you;re squeezing his ace...:eek:

I looked at their schedule and saw they end their season playing Louisville and UK midweek.
Still too many Ball St's and Indiana St's.

What happened with Nebraska?
I thought Darin Erstad would be able to use his Southern California connections there.

Nebraska in the Big XII was decent. Then they have fallen off since leaving the Big XII.

I looked at their schedule and saw they end their season playing Louisville and UK midweek.
Still too many Ball St's and Indiana St's.

What happened with Nebraska?
I thought Darin Erstad would be able to use his Southern California connections there.

Nebraska in the Big XII was decent. Then they have fallen off since leaving the Big XII.
I'm not so sure Erstad is a great people guy. JMO. PLus they have to deal with more "baseball schools" when it comes to recruiting. IU/UK do not. There is a lot of talent here in Indiana. Kentucky and IU are feeding off that to an extent.

I just don't think Nebraska can compete in the Big 10. Not recruiting wise.

Reactions: JustCallMeDad
Looking forward to baseball season until the Nationals choke in the NLDS again because DC sports fans aren't allowed to have good things.

You can always have Houston's professional football history. Would trade for the Redskins in a heartbeat.

More importantly the Houston Astros had their fanbase shrunk in half about ten years ago.
When the Astros left the NL it took away their two biggest rivarlies in terms of television territory the Cardinals and the Braves.

The Texas baseball choice has already been determined. There are very few cities where you find 50/50 spilt.

The Astros are finally realizing their potential and long term can challege the bigger market clubs in the division like the Rangers and the Los Angeles Angels.
Doesn't look like the Astros have to give up any of their core 5 players. Correa, Spinger, Altuve, Bregman and Kuechel.

The Astros are a threat to cross the Mississippi River into Mississippi the next few years if they continue to win. It looks like they will.
They have already shrunk the Braves fanbase in Louisiana by 80% the last three years.

Maybe now the can close the gap between Rangers and Astros fans in Texas and make the Rangers a small market.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT