ADVERTISEMENT

"We Like What Cal Does."

After looking at recent years for the Miami Heat I can see why this makes sense. The Heat are probably the best team in the Southeast division on a year to year basis but typically come up short in the postseason.

Just like Kentucky.
and KU

After looking at recent years for the Miami Heat I can see why this makes sense. The Heat are probably the best team in the Southeast division on a year to year basis but typically come up short in the postseason.

Just like Kentucky.
giphy.gif

Just like Kentucky.

You’re not wrong.

No one chokes with superior talent in the tournament like Tupee Bill.

Cal takes it a step further and just goes ahead and chokes in the regular season too.

If you think about it, it’s been kind of a painful stretch since that title.

NIT. Bob Morris.

40-0 predictions. Double digit losses. Nice run that ends in agonizing fashion.

Your best roster ever falls two wins shy of an undefeated season.

2nd round loss. Excruciating losses to hated enemies to end back to back seasons.

Weakest path to the final four ever and he gets Webered.

Excruciating OT loss to a team he beat twice with the final four on the line.

Ouch.

I LMAO at KU fans that tries to bait other programs, well 1, about choking. I heard they almost banned basketballs in Kansas due to all those choking on them.

Glad they decided to let evolution take its course.....

Reactions: catman111
Well Cal does recruit well, at the end of the day the talent of a team matters the most. We have seen a good number of good young coaches from mid majors jumping to big conference and failed at their new jobs, the lack of recruiting skills and network is the #1 reason to blame. The likes of Shaka Smart and Archie Miller may be better at tactics and in-game adjustment than Bill Self and John Calipari, but nowhere near as good when it comes to recruiting. If you cant recruit, you cant lead a big conference team to glory.

Cal takes it a step further and just goes ahead and chokes in the regular season too.

NIT. Bob Morris.

2nd round loss. Excruciating losses to hated enemies to end back to back seasons.

Ouch.

I can't say I disagree with most of this. The only thing that probably doesn't align for me is the amount of pain after said losses. I don't know where (maybe after '15?) - but along the way I just sort of expect to get bumped in the tourney prematurely. If we don't it would be a nice surprise, but over all I just think that the days of teams with so many stars and such lofty accomplishments are over.

Other than Zion there just hasn't been any (IMO) transcendent talents out there. The talent is now dispersed over the usual bluebloods, as well as the Gonzagas, Oregons, Baylors, etc. The trophy reminds me of the Lottery slogan "Somebody's gotta win, might as well be you." It's such a crapshoot now. Seeing an Oregon or Auburn win would be no less-surprising than a usual suspect.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Well Cal does recruit well, at the end of the day the talent of a team matters the most. We have seen a good number of good young coaches from mid majors jumping to big conference and failed at their new jobs, the lack of recruiting skills and network is the #1 reason to blame. The likes of Shaka Smart and Archie Miller may be better at tactics and in-game adjustment than Bill Self and John Calipari, but nowhere near as good when it comes to recruiting. If you cant recruit, you cant lead a big conference team to glory.
Shaka Smart??? Archie Miller?? Better at in game adjustments and tactics? Then Bill Self? Come on...

Poor examples. Smart HAS recruited well. Well enough to have much more success than he has.

Self is considered one of the top Xs and Os coaches and he's a great gameplanner. His recruiting hasn't even been very good the last several years. He's been able to sprinkle in the occasional Dotson or Josh Jackson, but it's been fairly weak overall. Far below some other schools.

Shaka Smart??? Archie Miller?? Better at in game adjustments and tactics? Then Bill Self? Come on...

Didnt you watch that 2011 VCU and 2014 Dayton runs? When theres little time to prepare for the upcoming games, we see which coaches are better at tactics and in-game adjustments.

NIT. Bob Morris.

Ouch.

UK fans: You lost to certain teams

KU fan: This post

Some stuff listed here as failures, KU has never been able to be in an opportunity to do it.

Also RollLaugh at the underlined.

NIT. Bob Morris.

Ouch.

UK+2012+Title+Team.jpg

NIT. Bob Morris.

Ouch.

Triggered much? When it counts, no one loses to lower seeds more than the Rug Doctor. Bradley, Northern Iowa, Standford, VCU, Bucknell, etc. Captain Pucker Butt can sure run through the B12 like a comb through his toupee but when he faces a bully like Wichita State he drops his panties, and spells run.

Look on the bright side, once the NCAA puts that show cause on him you'll be done with the madness

Last edited:
VCU... Fixed it. Good catch, pissy pants.

Bucknell is another one....

Only you would claim that the Northern Iowa loss is somehow more embarrassing than an NIT appearance and first round loss to Bob Morris.

That Northern Iowa team was far better than the K-State team that bounced you a few years ago, as one example.

Btw, VCU won 5 tourney games that year. That doesn’t happen if you’re not playing well, in case you weren't aware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
Only you would claim that the Northern Iowa loss is somehow more embarrassing than an NIT appearance and first round loss to Bob Morris.

That Northern Iowa team was far better than the K-State team that bounced you a few years ago, as one example.

Btw, VCU won 5 tourney games that year. That doesn’t happen if you’re not playing well, in case you weren't aware.

Only you would gloss over why UK was in the NIT that year in the first place. Was VCU seeded higher than KU? Didn't think so.

Only you would gloss over why UK was in the NIT that year in the first place. Was VCU seeded higher than KU? Didn't think so.

Because they sucked?

Oh, right, one of their players missed a handful of games at the end of the year. Great excuse.

You do realize that injuries were a huge factor in about half of Self's tourney losses, right?

Reactions: Quavarius
UK+2012+Title+Team.jpg

I realize this hurts your little bitch ass. Take your little snothead act somewhere else besides every UK thread. You're nothing more than the little mouthy kid in the back of the room that got beat up daily at recess.
Too bad the beatings weren't severe enough.

UK+2012+Title+Team.jpg

I realize this hurts your little bitch ass. Take your little snothead act somewhere else besides every UK thread. You're nothing more than the little mouthy kid in the back of the room that got beat up daily at recess.
Too bad the beatings weren't severe enough.

It's really hard to decide which part of this post is most hilarious and/or hypocritical.

200.gif

Losing in the second round as the #1 overall team is far more embarrassing than a NIT loss. UK wasn't good but fell apart after Noel was hurt. Losing to Kansas State was bad but wasn't a giant upset like half of your losses in March. Interesting you brought up Auburn last year considering how badly they smoked you too.

Fact of the matter is that no Kansas fan should be talking about UK's tournament losses considering Self tops the list of bad tournament losses and UK beat KU in 2012 when it mattered. Cherish those b12 trophies though. They are almost the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT