ADVERTISEMENT

We are all Peacocks today!!!

Serious question are y'all ready for Cal to retire?
Would have to know who the replacement would be first to answer that. Is the grass greener on the other side? We don't know. UK can no longer just pluck any coach they want, which is obvious by being declined by Donovan (x2), Wright, and probably others. You need an ace in the hole before you just go firing someone like Cal because you're upset with results. For all those that want him fired, I am curious to know who they think UK could get to replace him. They would be way more likely to end up with the next Billy Gillispie than the next Coach K.

All day everyday. If i knew we were gonna lose to an effin 15 seed id much prefer stay hone to begin with than get embarrased till enternity off the biggest upset in tourney history
I guess you're just used to the embarrassment put upon DUH-ville from Katina, Jurich, Ramsey, Pitino, McGee and company have rammed up your asses for the past few years. Leave it some little shit talking redbird to crow about this while they remain firmly entrenched in dumpster fire status.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Would have to know who the replacement would be first to answer that. Is the grass greener on the other side? We don't know. UK can no longer just pluck whatever coach they want, which is obvious by being declined by Donovan (x2), Wright, and probably others. You need an ace in the hole before you just go firing someone like Cal because you're upset with results. For all those that want him fired, I am curious to know who they think UK could get to replace him. They would be way more likely to end up with the next Billy Gillispie than the next Coach K.
Yep. As for Donovan & Wright, I know there are people who think they snubbed our interviews, but I think that’s more from them realizing what pressure there is at UK and wouldn’t want to deal with it, which I can understand. I’d probably prefer to stay a big fish in a small pond like Stoops is as opposed to having to deal with our fans. It will take a certain mix of narcissism and rhino skin to accept an offer from UK.

Would have to know who the replacement would be first to answer that. Is the grass greener on the other side? We don't know. UK can no longer just pluck whatever coach they want, which is obvious by being declined by Donovan (x2), Wright, and probably others. You need an ace in the hole before you just go firing someone like Cal because you're upset with results. For all those that want him fired, I am curious to know who they think UK could get to replace him. They would be way more likely to end up with the next Billy Gillispie than the next Coach K.
I'm not joining the fire Cal crowd. Not seeing a better option out there and I'm wanting to see how he and the team come back from this.

Yet uk is still the ultimate clown team lose to 15 seeded st pete peacocks lol

Yep. As for Donovan & Wright, I know there are people who think they snubbed our interviews, but I think that’s more from them realizing what pressure there is at UK and wouldn’t want to deal with it, which I can understand. I’d probably prefer to stay a big fish in a small pond like Stoops is as opposed to having to deal with our fans. It will take a certain mix of narcissism and rhino skin to accept an offer from UK.
UK isn't for everyone. We should probably be ok with a guy that does.

Now I sound like a loser.

Absolutely. I wouldn't want to put up with the constant stress, bullshit, being under a microscope 24/7, having every word you say analyzed/scrutinized, etc. and there are very few coaches that want to be in the fish bowl that is UK basketball. It chewed Gillispie up and shit him out in less than 2 years. If you are already a millionaire coach is it really worth a few more million? I would say no. You have to be a cocky bastard like Pitino, Cal, Pearl to embrace the UK job. Pearl would take the gig in a heartbeat no matter what @AuHoosier420 thinks, but no way UK would ever go after him. Who else fits the mold? The pool is very, very limited. So many people are like "faaaaaaaaaaar Cal!!!" but if you ask them who is realistically gonna replace him they are clueless or will list an unrealistic candidate(s) because in their minds UK can still get anyone they want. Can't let emotions take over. Gotta be smarter than that.

Somebody uploaded the OT highlights.

giphy-downsized.gif

That’s the $Million question, but if he were out there I wouldn’t mind him and Mitch grabbing some coffee.
I don't even know who would be at the top of the wish list. I would say maybe Few but he ain't ever leaving Gonzaga. A lot of people hype up Drew but he still has a lot of question marks for me, def has the cockiness to handle it though. Chris Holtmann maybe? But he's also kind of meh. Maybe steal Barnes from Tennessee? 😆There just isn't anyone realistic I can think of that I would want over Calipari right now.

Absolutely. I wouldn't want to put up with the constant stress, bullshit, being under a microscope 24/7, having every word you say analyzed/scrutinized, etc. and there are very few coaches that want to be in the fish bowl that is UK basketball. It chewed Gillispie up and shit him out in less than 2 years. If you are already a millionaire coach is it really worth a few more million? I would say no. You have to be a cocky bastard like Pitino, Cal, Pearl to embrace the UK job. Pearl would take the gig in a heartbeat no matter what @AuHoosier420 thinks, but no way UK would ever go after him. Who else fits the mold? The pool is very, very limited. So many people are like "faaaaaaaaaaar Cal!!!" but if you ask them who is realistically gonna replace him they are clueless or will list an unrealistic candidate(s) because in their minds UK can still get anyone they want. Can't let emotions take over. Gotta be smarter than that.
You guys could maybe get pearl but you would have to pay him as the Highest coach in America. Auburn would make you spend a ton to get him

You guys could maybe get pearl but you would have to pay him as the Highest coach in America. Auburn would make you spend a ton to get him
That wouldn't be a problem but I doubt it would take that. He makes what $4 or $5 million a year at Auburn, right? Cal makes double that. Pearl also salivates over the big stage and always wants to be in the spotlight. Bruce loves himself some Bruce and he knows there's no better place to listen to himself talk (and have others listen) than at UK. He would probably even take a cut to come to UK.

Yeah it's a rivalry, ha ha, joke joke, fun fun. I'm 1000x more stoked about being excited, in regards to Louisville basketball, for the first time in 4-5 years. It has sucked so bad for so long.
...are you forgetting the NCAA isn't done with U6 yet?

That wouldn't be a problem but I doubt it would take that. He makes what $4 or $5 million a year at Auburn, right? Cal makes double that. Pearl also salivates over the big stage and always wants to be in the spotlight. Bruce loves himself some Bruce and he knows there's no better place to listen to himself talk (and have others listen) than at UK. He would probably even take a cut to come to UK.
He is set up to make 5.5 which will escalate up to 6.5. Auburn would go to 10 if it was needed. Auburn has more money than Kentucky if it comes down to it

ADVERTISEMENT