ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early Team Workout Reports - Who's Shining

BasketBallJunkie-UK

Nov 18, 2011
For UK and those not named Oscar, its Jacob Toppin everyone is raving about the most. He's now 6'10 and looks stronger. There's serious optimism within the team that he is going to have a breakout year.

Coming in at a close 2nd is Antionio Reeves. His adjustment to SEC pace, size and length has been undeniably quicker than Kellan Grady last season, who was a step behind until October. Reeves has impressed as a three-level scorer capable of creating for himself, with his size (6-foot-6) allowing the staff to get creative with his usage.

The two freshmen, Cason Wallace and Chris Livingston, have also been pleasant surprises, specifically from a physical standpoint. They are both college-ready and have been immediate contributors on both ends of the floor in practice. Wallace has shot better than anticipated and has lived up to his billing as a vicious defender. He will also split point guard duties with Sahvir Wheeler, thriving as a willing facilitator and playmaker rather than focusing solely on scoring as an off-ball guard. As for Livingston, his versatility and physicality has opened the door for playing time at the three and small-ball four, essentially as a fourth guard on offense. He gets downhill and finishes through contact well around the basket, but also shoots it well enough to keep defenders uncomfortable out on the perimeter. Both players will produce early.

CJ Frederick has just started light practicing and is planning to play in The Bahamas. Team mates have commented, he just doesn't miss.

Savir has lost weight and is quicker.

Link

UNC's issues are mainly going to depend on the known guys though. Can Love and Davis be efficient and the players they were later in the year? Everything depends on that IMO.

Heard Zach Clemence is having a great off season and MJ Rice is the real deal.

FSU is healthy for the first time in about 12 months. Cam’Ron Fletcher just wrapped up rehab on his thumb, he was the last of the injured guys from last year.
I'm rooting for Fletcher. The first game he played at UK, he looked really good. Then I think he started listening to the wrong people and messed with his head. He was never the same after that first game and he just didn't fit in at UK. I hope he's learned a lot, stays healthy and he should be a very good player for you guys.

We’ve heard pretty good things about Pierre Brooks. He’s slimmed down and is looking a lot more confident as a ball handler. With our lack of depth on the wing him being good is essential.

Hunter Sally’s for Gonzaga, which is great. GU will need his athleticism. I think this will be a more athletic GU team than in the past with Sally’s and Efton Reid contributing.

Hunter Sally’s for Gonzaga, which is great. GU will need his athleticism. I think this will be a more athletic GU team than in the past with Sally’s and Efton Reid contributing.

Hickman and Sallis have a chance to be a nasty backcourt for Zags.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don’t have like insider tips from practice, but my homer proclamation to the board is to remember RJ Melendez for Illinois, who is entering his sophomore season. For those who saw our Second Round game vs. Houston, he was the player who got called for an ATROCIOUS technical foul for “hanging on the rim” during a fast break dunk where if he had let go, he’d be paralyzed, lol.

He didn’t get too much of a shot last year and was sidelined for part of the season, but he looked VERY good when he got extended minutes. A lot of our instate media’s attention has been on proven transfers like Shannon and Mayer, Skyy Clark as a highly rated freshman and even Coleman Hawkins as a possible breakout star … but I think RJ Melendez will be a “came out of nowhere” guy.

I don’t have like insider tips from practice, but my homer proclamation to the board is to remember RJ Melendez for Illinois, who is entering his sophomore season. For those who saw our Second Round game vs. Houston, he was the player who got called for an ATROCIOUS technical foul for “hanging on the rim” during a fast break dunk where if he had let go, he’d be paralyzed, lol.

He didn’t get too much of a shot last year and was sidelined for part of the season, but he looked VERY good when he got extended minutes. A lot of our instate media’s attention has been on proven transfers like Shannon and Mayer, Skyy Clark as a highly rated freshman and even Coleman Hawkins as a possible breakout star … but I think RJ Melendez will be a “came out of nowhere” guy.
I'm hoping Clark is back where he was before the injury. He seems like a really good kid.

Kaleb Banks seems to be showing out......Under the radar dude in this class(for IU).

These are great, however taken with a gram of coke.
I still remember Josh Carrier being the best shooter UK has ever had.

He shot 26% for his career from 3.
Had to be Pitinos BS. One offseason He literally said mike marra was the best shooter he’d ever seen in all his years of coaching/recruiting. Lmao dude had no business even getting a scholly

pitino might be the most hyperbolic bullshittin coach in history

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT