ADVERTISEMENT

VT 6-0 without Blackshear.

I honestly can’t explain VT. I thought they could legitimately go 2-18 or 3-17 in ACC play. Landers has been fantastic. Major props to them so far.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Virginia Tech's offense is a thing of beauty. Love watching teams with good ball movement, surrounded by excellent shooters. And in case you guys missed the Clemson game, here was the highlight of the game. Tied game with a minute left until...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
64% seems high. I remain skeptical. I think they’re really well coached and will win some games they probably shouldn’t (as they did last night), but it’s a long season and I just don’t know if they have the quality size on their roster. I guess we’ll see.

Hard to say. Talent-wise, you wouldn't think this team would be in the NCAAs. But, if they move the ball around as well as they did last night, they'll get open looks. And VT does have several really quality shooters. Bede is a great floor general, and Nolley can score with the best of 'em. I do wonder how they'll play the whole season without much of an interior presence. Right now, I'm ready to call them a bubble team, at least.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
64% seems high. I remain skeptical. I think they’re really well coached and will win some games they probably shouldn’t (as they did last night), but it’s a long season and I just don’t know if they have the quality size on their roster. I guess we’ll see.

Agreed. Still have a hard time seeing them get to more than 8 ACC wins. But I guess a bunch of 7-11 teams from the Big 12 got in last year.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Hard to say. Talent-wise, you wouldn't think this team would be in the NCAAs. But, if they move the ball around as well as they did last night, they'll get open looks. And VT does have several really quality shooters. Bede is a great floor general, and Nolley can score with the best of 'em. I do wonder how they'll play the whole season without much of an interior presence. Right now, I'm ready to call them a bubble team, at least.

Buzz can recruit him some shooters. We all know that. So no surprise at all they can shoot.

But for me the biggest issue is depth. It’s extremely unlikely to go through a 20 game ACC season with zero injuries. What’s gonna happen when Landers hits the freshmen wall and someone else misses 4 games with a sprained ankle?

Reactions: dukedevilz
Gotta love the transitive property.

So can we agree it's too early to make any predictions on how good or bad a team or conference is right now? I wouldnt be shocked if someone like MSU is barely in the top 25 at seasons end.

So can we agree it's too early to make any predictions on how good or bad a team or conference is right now? I wouldnt be shocked if someone like MSU is barely in the top 25 at seasons end.

With specific teams, sure. I think it’s a pretty safe bet that the ACC and Big 12 are gonna be loaded conferences as always

Reactions: Big ol arms
ADVERTISEMENT