ADVERTISEMENT

Vols vs KY Cats

Vols were poised and hungry in the second half and the Cats came ou lackadaisical and timid. Damn you Vols, damn you

Thanks, I know you wouldn't say that unless you meant it.:)

Reactions: CB3UK
Nah. He's miles better than Green outside of shooting. Plays tough defense. He wasn't great but him having to play off ball all the time due to Ulis/Fox hurt him.
Briscoe was a cancer and the coaching staff was glad to see him go, because he was no longer coachable.
UK got punched in the mouth by a team that wanted it more than these freshmen, in particular Kevin Knox, he wilted like delicate flowers.
But this punking will turn out to be a good thing. This team needed that to happen and it might be a bad enough taste that it will push them to a couple of road wins that would have otherwise been losses.
I knew that first half performance was too good to be true.
Good win for UT, hopefully they can take out Florida when the time comes because they are the team to beat right now in the SEC with two tough road wins notched on the headboard.

The refs made some terrible calls against us, what's new? Wouldn't matter though if we hadn't thrown the ball away so many times, or made an effort to get loose balls, or made shots from within 3 feet of the rim, or, or, or...

I'm not too happy with a few of our players and would take their lunch money.

I would push Knox down and take his lunch money.
I would point to the sky and tell Richards to "look at that dead bird" and take his lunch money while he was distracted.
I would just pick up Green's lunch money because he dropped it.
Diallo lost his lunch money betting he could jump over a tree.

To the uninformed:

UK and UL each lost a player. UL had 25 fouls called against them and UK had 19. UL did not finish the game with four of their starting five on the damned bench.

Now are there any more facts you want to point out?

No, but it would be great if you would answer "yes" or "no" to the question.

People who call out refs are sad(!)

To the uninformed:

UK and UL each lost a player. UL had 25 fouls called against them and UK had 19. UL did not finish the game with four of their starting five on the damned bench.

Now are there any more facts you want to point out?
Just the FACT that UK fans cry like schoolgirls about the refs EVERY time they get beat.

I watched the game this morning on the ESPN app. Honestly, I didn't see the major screw job some of the UK fans are talking about.

The refs seemed pretty consistent on how they called it (allowing a bit of body to body physical contact but whistling reach ins and slaps at the ball). UT plays pretty physically with the body, so in that regard, the tone of the whistle was a positive for them.

Some of UK's fouls were simple frustration fouls, where UT would secure the rebound and a Cat or two would slap down to try and dislodge it. That was an automatic whistle.

I guess there could be a gripe for the T on Cal. I didn't see him outside of the box when they called it, but he essentially lives outside of the box so I can't say one way or the other.

The loss had more to do with UT just taking it to them. The zone UK threw at them was terrible, and the Cats were helpless once UT figured it out. Honestly, I'm not sure why UK stayed with it.

I mark Feb 6 on my calendar we will see how these vols play n Lexington

Where all the calls are reversed then SOME Uk fans call out UT and others for saying something about the refs? Sounds about right.

I honestly didn't expect Kentucky to win this game. It's hard to win in Knoxville when TN isn't very good, and that's not the case this year. This won't be kentuckys only road loss. Hopefully it just toughens them up for March.

Reactions: della
I mark Feb 6 on my calendar we will see how these vols play n Lexington
data.jpg

cat_bath3.jpg

:)

Reactions: GhostVol
This is a bitch about the refs. At LSU UK was whistled for 12 fouls; at UT UK was whistled for 23 fouls. Two technicals. Enough said.
Worst argument in the history of basketball, Bert. Different crews obviously officiate differently and style of play always dictates calls. Not to mention a million other factors. It's not as simple as you see it.

Worst argument in the history of basketball, Bert. Different crews obviously officiate differently and style of play always dictates calls. Not to mention a million other factors. It's not as simple as you see it.
Besides, UT had 16 fouls. Some of the UK fouls were clock stopping fouls. The fouls did not play a significant part in the outcome.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I honestly didn't expect Kentucky to win this game. It's hard to win in Knoxville when TN isn't very good, and that's not the case this year. This won't be kentuckys only road loss. Hopefully it just toughens them up for March.
You should post more often. You have a balanced (non kennel blind) discernment about you.

Does this mean that you and the other UNCheat fans in this thread are obsessed with Kentucky since this is a UK thread?
Actually it was started by a Tennessee fan about a game Tennessee was playing in.
I believe that would make it a Tennessee thread.
We’re just making fun of the team Tennessee was playing for being crybaby bitches.

Actually it was started by a Tennessee fan about a game Tennessee was playing in.
We’re just making fun of the team Tennessee was playing for being crybaby bitches.
That's enough, go flame somewhere else.

We are really not making fun of anyone. We are just having fun.

True but apparently the truth bothers some people.
You need to be careful. This Kevin guy is a UK fan and a MOD. I have it in good authority that he has some unstable ideas regarding culinary practices and that could flow over to his running of the board. (not saying it does). So keep your nose clean, Mr.

Btw, does LST still MOD here? I haven't seen him in an age.

Last edited:

No cupcake it clearly says “Vols and Cats”! You guys are to obsessed!!!

Orange checker board > blue checker board

Yep

Kentucky has “borrowed” Tennessee’s checkerboard, K-States version of a wildcat, ya might as well go ahead and change the colors from blue to red and black. :D

Yep

Kentucky has “borrowed” Tennessee’s checkerboard, K-States version of a wildcat, ya might as well go ahead and change the colors from blue to red and black. :D
You mean the humping birds logo that is their secondary Nike logo? That isn't even close to the K-State Wildcat. Also, pic below is from Stoll Field (UK) in 1930.... 34 years before Tennessee starting using the checkerboard. Doug Dickey "borrowed" the idea from a freakin' magazine ad (so he says, probably ganked it from Stoll Field). Besides, the newest edition is hardly "borrowing" anything anyway. It pays homage to Secretariat and horse racing in general. BTW, why are you responding to your own comment? RollLaugh
0c6a5f37b27e338703e14010edb114c2--sports-logos-kentucky-wildcats.jpg

Kansas_State_Wildcats

1914.jpg

secretariat_615X400_orig.jpg

You mean the humping birds logo that is their secondary Nike logo? That isn't even close to the K-State Wildcat. Also, pic below is from Stoll Field (UK) in 1930.... 34 years before Tennessee starting using the checkerboard. Doug Dickey "borrowed" the idea from a freakin' magazine ad (so he says, probably ganked it from Stoll Field). Besides, the newest edition is hardly "borrowing" anything anyway. It pays homage to Secretariat and horse racing in general. BTW, why are you responding to your own comment? RollLaugh

Kansas_State_Wildcats

1914.jpg

Red and black my friend.

This constant complaining about officials is embarrassing me as a UK fan. Yes we have had some awful calls go against us, but so has other teams.

Kansas_State_Wildcats

1914.jpg

Big Red, the greatest athlete that ever lived.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT