ADVERTISEMENT

Vols vs Gatas

Kept tabs on this one all night. Good win. You definitely had Lexington pulling for you.

After #1 and #2, the top half of the SEC is a mess right now.

I tried watching that game and it was brutal. First half was horrific basketball.

Caught the last 8 minutes of second half and it seemed to improve a little.

Still have no clue what Mike White is doing in Gainesville. His team looks like they are going to the dentist or something. Zero emotion and awful body language.

I tried watching that game and it was brutal. First half was horrific basketball.

Caught the last 8 minutes of second half and it seemed to improve a little.

Still have no clue what Mike White is doing in Gainesville. His team looks like they are going to the dentist or something. Zero emotion and awful body language.
I don't think either team played particularly well. Both teams will have to pick up the intensity if they want to accomplish anything in March. I suppose we were just lucky we were playing in Knoxville.

Reactions: GE Nole
I don't think either team played particularly well. Both teams will have to pick up the intensity if they want to accomplish anything in March. I suppose we were just lucky we were playing in Knoxville.
Congrat Della. A win against Florida is a good win. Florida lives by the three and dies by the three. Last night UT defended the three and Florida lost.

That first half was ugly.

Reactions: GE Nole and della

At this point I'm not even sure if UF makes the NCAAT.

Thought we might beat Tennessee because we normally do the opposite of what should happen. Have to beat Auburn tonight.

Thought we might beat Tennessee because we normally do the opposite of what should happen. Have to beat Auburn tonight.
Your team has talent, but just fails to put everything together.

I started that in a thread on here a couple weeks ago. He proceeded to tell me they weren’t all that talanted (false).

Bottom line is, Mike White has a team with a whole that is less than the sum of its parts.

I started that in a thread on here a couple weeks ago. He proceeded to tell me they weren’t all that talanted (false).

Bottom line is, Mike White has a team with a whole that is less than the sum of its parts.
Well, you know me, I hate to start a controversy. I shy away from conflict.
The Gators could make a run if they got everything moving in the right direction.:)

I never said we weren’t talented. But GE thinks we pull in amazing classes.

I do agree this team has better talent than it’s showing, but we aren’t nearly as talented as GE thinks.

That might be the most entertaining game today as both teams actually like to play basketball instead of limiting the number of possessions.

I have it marked to record as it is on the same time as Kentucky.

I never said we weren’t talented. But GE thinks we pull in amazing classes.

I do agree this team has better talent than it’s showing, but we aren’t nearly as talented as GE thinks.

Let's see:
KeVaughn Allen - top 65 recruit
Deaundrae Ballard - top 100 recruit
Chris Chiozza - top 50 recruit
Keith Stone - top 85 recruit
Kevarrious Hayes - top 100 recruit
John Egbunu - top 60 recruit (yes I know he's hurt)
Chase Johnson - top 85 recruit
Jalen Hudson was a top transfer

That's all just on this year's roster.

2012 was a top 20 recruiting class
2013 was small, but was two 5 star recruits, both top 10 players
2014 was a top 15 recruiting class
2015 was a top 20 recruiting class
2017 was a top 20 recruiting class

So, yeah, I'd say y'all have plenty of talent. Certainly more than FSU, Tennessee, Clemson, and other teams that have beat the Gators this season.

Let's see:

So, yeah, I'd say y'all have plenty of talent. Certainly more than FSU, Tennessee, Clemson, and other teams that have beat the Gators this season.

Egbunu hasn't played all year. Chase Johnson played a couple games early, then hasn't played since.

2012 class: None of those players play for Florida so I don't know what you are talking about.
2013 class: None of those players play for Florida so I don't know what you are talking about.
2014 class: Chiozza is the only player left from that class.

FSU had a better class than us (according to ESPN's rankings, which is accepted as the most accurate of all the services for basketball) in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Despite that, Mike White has taken Florida to more Elite Eights in two years than Florida State has since 1994.

And as I indicated in the first post you made about Florida a couple weeks ago, of FSU and Florida's major contributors, FSU's have a higher star average.

Egbunu hasn't played all year. Chase Johnson played a couple games early, then hasn't played since.

2012 class: None of those players play for Florida so I don't know what you are talking about.
2013 class: None of those players play for Florida so I don't know what you are talking about.
2014 class: Chiozza is the only player left from that class.

FSU had a better class than us (according to ESPN's rankings, which is accepted as the most accurate of all the services for basketball) in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Despite that, Mike White has taken Florida to more Elite Eights in two years than Florida State has since 1994.

And as I indicated in the first post you made about Florida a couple weeks ago, of FSU and Florida's major contributors, FSU's have a higher star average.

You said “GE thinks we pull in amazing classes.” Figured that talking about your last 5-6 classes would be relevant there. Further, recruiting isn’t the only way to acquire talent. Transfers count too.

As for your roster claims, I’d love to see your stats on that considering multiple FSU major contributors weren’t even ranked by many outlets.

And ESPNs isn’t the most accurate. Heck they let go many of their high school evaluators.

247 composite rankings are by far the best way to go, for football and basketball.

Let's see:

Yes, but Tennessee has 5 star hearts. The Gators had no chance.:)

They look good against good teams. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a 7th or 8th seed and get to the sweet 16. I think Florida vs a team like Villanova, Kansas, or Virginia is as close to a 50-50 game as a 1 vs 8 seed could ever be.

I really expect Florida to play well in the tournament.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
They look good against good teams. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a 7th or 8th seed and get to the sweet 16. I think Florida vs a team like Villanova, Kansas, or Virginia is as close to a 50-50 game as a 1 vs 8 seed could ever be.

UF can stay far away from UVA as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: FlGator22
UF can stay far away from UVA as far as I'm concerned.

Feeling is mutual. After our last two games vs. you guys, we are due for a beating. We’ve played much better than UVA in those games, but to get those results there is an element of randomness to it that is due to turn.

Reactions: jhmossy

I trust us much more vs. good teams than bad. This team just struggles to manufacture energy vs. bad or mediocre teams.

I hope you do.

I agree.

If any team plays Florida on a night when Florida is hitting the three then that team is going down. If Florida is off they can equally lose.

Last year the SEC was totally overlooked and ended up with three teams in the elite eight. The NCAA plays too many political games to help seed the ACC, Big 12 and Big 10. Last year the Big 12 fell flat on their collective ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT