ADVERTISEMENT

Vols play Colorado today

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
I'm glad this game wasn't Saturday. The weather sucks and it will be fun to watch at 2:00pm est today. GBO!

Colorado has some talent but no superstar players. They are deep, can run out 10 players, but we lost our top three scorers from last year and this unit is trying to find out what personnel combinations work the best,

This team will be a lot better in a couple months but I don't see the Vols having too much trouble today.

Reactions: della
Colorado has some talent but no superstar players. They are deep, can run out 10 players, but we lost our top three scorers from last year and this unit is trying to find out what personnel combinations work the best,

This team will be a lot better in a couple months but I don't see the Vols having too much trouble today.
You never know. 😬

Those gaudy rings UT got for winning the SEC tournament are hilarious. They would put most Super Bowl rings to shame. The announcer (Kevin Harlan) was like, "That's the ring size for the SEC tournament championship. What in the world is the national championship ring gonna look like? It's gonna be the size of your wrist I think. Goodness gracious. That's gigantic." Such a Tennessee thing to do. 😂

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Those gaudy rings UT got for winning the SEC tournament are hilarious. They would put most Super Bowl rings to shame. The announcer (Kevin Harlan) was like, "That's the ring size for the SEC tournament championship. What in the world is the national championship ring gonna look like? It's gonna be the size of your wrist I think. Goodness gracious. That's gigantic." Such a Tennessee thing to do. 😂
Don't worry, the Vols will keep UK from having to endure them for another year. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Don't worry, the Vols will keep UK from having to endure them for another year. 😁
They've already got more than everyone else combined. Very greedy. Need to spread the wealth a little.

Tennessee is good at going to the free throw line, 21 attempts in the half.

Tennessee shooting 25% from the field and 24% from 3 with 10 minutes left. LOL.

giphy.gif

That was a pretty sloppy game on our part, but a great game on y'all's part. Congrats on getting off the floor from Grambling and playing some lock down great CBB. 🙂
I'm surprised by the result but like I said the composition of this team is still unknown. Kudos to Tad for shaking things up and going with a completely different starting lineup without several of leaders. Simpson and da Silva are our team leaders and they scored 23 and 14, clearly they got the message Tad sent.

At least one Colorado team can win in Tennessee, the Broncos played a crap game against the Titans.

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the result but like I said the composition of this team is still unknown. Kudos to Tad for shaking things up and going with a completely different starting lineup without several of leaders. Simpson and da Silva are our team leaders and they scored 21 and 14, clearly they got the message Tad sent.

At least one Colorado team can win in Tennessee, the Broncos played a crap game against the Titans.
Well, that don't make me feel better, cause I don't care about Pro sports. Your kindness is noted, though.

Reactions: cdbearde
Well, that don't make me feel better, cause I don't care about Pro sports. Your kindness is noted, though.

Meaningless game anyways tbh. March is what matters.

*checks barnes tournament record*… oh uh…well there’s more to life then the team you’re pulling for being good.

:p

Man, that is a tough result. I watched some of it on the computer as the Titans game was on the TV. It was kind of typical bad Barnes offense but the good Barnes D wasn't there. Going to have to get a lot better to compete in the SEC.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I heard his post game presser. Barnes Kicking ass and taking names.
What was so out of control about Ziegler? Just overall not making the right decisions or bad shot selection? He only had 2 turnovers. Wonder why Barnes said that.

What was so out of control about Ziegler? Just overall not making the right decisions or bad shot selection? He only had 2 turnovers. Wonder why Barnes said that.
Barnes doesn't ever get out of control, but he was pissed. He complimented Colorado and their coach, though.

Misread your post. He felt like Ziegler was playing a pick up game, rushing the shots, rushing the offense, missing uncontested layups. Pretty much everything you can do wrong.

Barnes wants you to play within the game plan and he felt Zeigler didn't. He also felt we let Colrado do anything they wanted. That is a big no no with Barnes. Bottom line, he felt that UT got a big head and thought they could just show up and win. He will be humbling them.

I think UT has a real good team. A team that can be special, so we will see.

Last edited:
Barnes doesn't ever get out of control, but he was pissed. He complimented Colorado and their coach, though.

Misread your post. He felt like Ziegler was playing a pick up game, rushing the shots, rushing the offense, missing uncontested layups. Pretty much everything you can do wrong.

Barnes wants you to play within the game plan and he felt Zeigler didn't. He also felt we let Colrado do anything they wanted. That is a big no no with Barnes. Bottom line, he felt that UT got a big head and thought they could just show up and win. He will be humbling them.

I think UT has a real good team. A team that can be special, so we will see.
That makes sense. Can't be out there playing street ball and expect it to work.

That makes sense. Can't be out there playing street ball and expect it to work.
Zeigler got most of the heat, but he was pretty pissed at everyone except James. Vescovi sucked too. Frankly, I thought James wasn't too hot either. However, he has been out, so maybe that is an excuse.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT