ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia….

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
You just hate to see it. Why did 2019 have to be the year where god like things happened to them in the tourney? God must like UMBC and Furman to much

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb.gif

Bennett won a title but he's a major system coach who plays a bad system for March basketball. Boring as hell to boot.

Perfect fit at a a school like VA but would be run out of town by UK, KU, Duke, etc.

Reactions: LeroyOU12
Bennett won a title but he's a major system coach who plays a bad system for March basketball. Boring as hell to boot.

Perfect fit at a a school like VA but would be run out of town by UK, KU, Duke, etc.

He’s legit too classy to ever coach at any of those schools anyways. He has the same number of titles as Calipari, one behind Self and one more than Scheyer and Hubert.

It’s bad for the first two weekends of March, but if you can make it through the first two weekends I think the style of play works just fine in the FF.

Their style is passing the ball around and then shoot it inside 5 seconds left on the clock. I remember watching them in the dance couple years a go, they were down by 6 with less than one minutes left in the game....they walked the ball up court made several passes before shooting....they lost the game.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
He’s legit too classy to ever coach at any of those schools anyways. He has the same number of titles as Calipari, one behind Self and one more than Scheyer and Hubert.
You are exhibit A why he's a great fit for a school like VA. He won a championship so he has a home for life regardless of racking up some of the worst choke losses in NCAA history.

By the way, none of those schools would answer his call. That's a main reason he's still at a school that is happy to be there.

You are exhibit A why he's a great fit for a school like VA. He won a championship so he has a home fie life regardless of racking up some worst choke losses in NCAA history.

By the way, none of those schools would answer his call. That's a main reason he's still at a school that is happy to be there.

That’s not the insult you think it is. Cal has every advantage coaching at UK and has one championship that required a generational talent. Bennett might choke in March but so does Cal. I know UVA can’t do better than Bennett. UK could easily do better than Cal and yet y’all stick with him.

Championship still makes it all worth it for me. Don’t even care if Bennett is a choke artist in March. That championship will last me a lifetime.
Yes it will. Cherish it forever. I was a student at NC State when they won in ‘74 with David Thompson. I’ll never forget that season, team, and experience. It’s what life as a sports fan is all about.

That’s not the insult you think it is. Cal has every advantage coaching at UK and has one championship that required a generational talent. Bennett might choke in March but so does Cal. I know UVA can’t do better than Bennett. UK could easily do better than Cal and yet y’all stick with him.
Amazes me that Cal still has a contract at UK. Suits me though.

Amazes me that Cal still has a contract at UK. Suits me though.
pretty-pink-who-me.gif

Championship still makes it all worth it for me. Don’t even care if Bennett is a choke artist in March. That championship will last me a lifetime.
I get it. I saw auburn win it in football in 2010 and I always said I would be good with whatever going forward

Reactions: jhmossy

Not meaning it as an insult. It's reality. Very similar to UK and Stoops. Most love him here but he'd be run out of town at UGA.

As far as Cal, it's been time for him to go for about 3 years. The pitch forks are out and I'd be surprised if he's still at UK after next season - regardless of results.

Not meaning it as an insult. It's reality. Very similar to UK and Stoops. Most love him here but he'd be run out of town at UGA.

As far as Cal, it's been time for him to go for about 3 years. The pitch forks are out and I'd be surprised if he's still at UK after next season - regardless of results.
imo, Cal's seat will get pretty warm if he doesn't make it to S16/E8 in this dance.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
With all being said, last year was the first time Cal suffered a major upset. His teams were usually dominant against heavy underdogs, his floor was quite high other than the 2 years they didn’t make the tournament.

You know he went 9-16 one year right?

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Yeah I did mention ‘other than the 2 years his team didn’t make the tournament’. As long as Cal’s UK was in March Madness, they were usually good and dominant against heavy underdogs. Last year was quite an outliner.

9-16 isn’t just missing the tournament, especially at a place like UK.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
9-16 isn’t just missing the tournament, especially at a place like UK.
It was the covid year. Doesn't excuse it but at least you had a little context considering Cal's reliance on true FR. They didn't have the summer, the practice, etc. to get reps needed.

They probably wouldn't have fared a ton better in a normal year but that was the party line.

Too classy for the any of the criminal blue bloods.
He may be classy but he ain’t the dude for a blue blood school. Nobody wants to play 50-49 games and get bounced early every year.

ADVERTISEMENT