ADVERTISEMENT

UVA's Deandre Hunter out for season....

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville

Dang. This hurts chances to get past UK or Zona now. This was the year for @jhmossy. Not saying it can't happen still, but this hurts!

Last edited:
How deep do they go? This might not as big of a deal as it looks. Man that was suppose to be my easy final four pick.

Reactions: KisteK
Yeah they should totally get by two of the hottest teams in the country with ease now that they lost their most athletic player.
To be a wet blanket---does winning 3 games against georgia, bama, and UT make UK one of the hottest teams in the country? I mean, they did finish the last 2/3 of league play 7-5.

To be a wet blanket---does winning 3 games against georgia, bama, and UT make UK one of the hottest teams in the country? I mean, they did finish the last 2/3 of league play 7-5.
Kenpom has UK as the hottest team in the country, so yeah.

Kentucky is 7-5 in their last 12 games, someone call the fire department.

Won 7 of 8, 5 of them against tournament teams. Arizona has been great since Sean Miller had that press conference basically telling ESPN to eat him.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
How deep do they go? This might not as big of a deal as it looks. Man that was suppose to be my easy final four pick.
Lol still Final 4, hopefully people have them losing to UMBC now and there's more value to pick them going far.

UVA is a "sum of its parts" kind of team. It will be next man up.

Reactions: precise02
Hey---I volunteered wet blanket status----always good to have momentum heading in. Kansas is in the same boat---but its a double edged sword for both teams b/c that means we will have played 9 straight games very well, and the season showed us we didn't do that well for long stretches

amazing how rival fans always find an arbitrary timeline to fit their agenda
i expected nothing less from him

back to topic

i really hate this for the kid and UVA
See above.

Edit: also not a rival fan.

qV1BzKb.gif

That proves kenpom is crap. UVA has also won 7 of their last 8 and 31 out of their last 33. And they are 11-1 where as UK is 7-5.

7 of 8 is really good at the end of the year though.
I think Kenpom has a lot of value, but there are always some head scratchers. That said, UK could very well be the hottest team. I think you cant go much further than 6 or 7 games back to see how a team is trending at the moment.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
That proves kenpom is crap. UVA has also won 7 of their last 8 and 31 out of their last 33. And they are 11-1 where as UK is 7-5.

7 of 8 is really good at the end of the year though.

Sagarin shares a similar sentiment on his computer model (with UK being the hottest team in the nation). UK has been super efficient all over the floor on both ends over that stretch of games, and it keeps trending upwards for UK. I posted a few numbers yesterday.

Kentucky on the season has allowed 40.7% FG percentage, which is 17th in the nation. Past 3 games (SEC tournament), UK has allowed 34.7% FG percentage (7th in the nation, 1st among power conferences).
Over the past 3 games, Kentucky has been hitting 51% from the field, 47.1% from 3, and a 1.200 offensive efficiency (7th in the nation, 2nd among power conferences behind Villanova). All this while playing 3 teams who were top 15 in defensive efficiency prior to playing UK (Alabama was top 10, Tennessee was #3 in the nation).

So, UK has been playing with the best FG% defense, and the 2nd most efficient offense in the country (among the power conferences) as of late.

ADVERTISEMENT