ADVERTISEMENT

UVA @ VT

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
So far, Bilas throwing bowls to Red Panda has been the most exciting part.

Just kidding, good game so far. tied at 34 ~17 mins to go.

Virginia Tech's best win this season is over a Purdue team that lost like their first 17 games. Buzz Williams is such a great coach Laughing

VA tech just isn't coached well enough to win this game.

Jerome and Guy can freakin' shoot.

VT desperately needs Robinson back. Just can’t find their mojo without him. Missed a ton of wide open 3’s tonight.

VA tech just isn't coached well enough to win this game.

Jerome and Guy can freakin' shoot.

VT isn’t beating any of the upper tier ACC teams without Robinson. It’s a hard task even at full strength. Zero shot without him.

Reactions: GE Nole
We beat VT by 22 at full strength. They can use any excuse they want. Satisfying sweep.

Relax man. Good win. We sucked shooting tonight and Jerome and Guy hit a lot of tough shots. Hill is killing us. 5-39 from 3 now in his last 6.

You guys are eventually going to need to clean up the turnovers. Kept us in the game.

Solid win on road. Robinson or not, winning in Cassell Col is never easy—especially for a rival.

It’s like shooting in the dark. Place is a dump. Happy to get the win despite playing pretty poorly.

Reactions: GE Nole
Relax man. Good win. We sucked shooting tonight and Jerome and Guy hit a lot of tough shots. Hill is killing us. 5-39 from 3 now in his last 6.

You guys are eventually going to need to clean up the turnovers. Kept us in the game.

I’m relaxed. Just take the win and move on. Playing at VT is never fun.

VT isn’t beating any of the upper tier ACC teams without Robinson. It’s a hard task even at full strength. Zero shot without him.
I disagree. If they were smarter defensively, they could have won that game.

I get it, Robinson would make a big difference, but you can't step on your dick that often on defense and beat a team as good as UVA.

They shot 3 for 23 from the outside too. Yeah, they didn't NEED Robinson, they needed a better defensive scheme.

Last edited:
If I’m down 10 with less than a minute to go, I can’t think of a coach I’d rather have than Buzz Williams.
Keatts did the same shit to Duke Saturday while down 12 or 14. That's why I didn't feel bad about Duke stealing the ball and laying it in with a few seconds left.

I guess this is part of the game now.
I honestly think it has something to do with the NET system, I think they award more points for blowout wins or something but it is capped by 15 or 20 otherwise Duke would have locked up the overall #1 seed in November SmokinSmile

I honestly think it has something to do with the NET system, I think they award more points for blowout wins or something but it is capped by 15 or 20 otherwise Duke would have locked up the overall #1 seed in November SmokinSmile
tenor.gif

Reactions: sgrooms and tw3301
I guess this is part of the game now.

There’s a MOV cap and it’s capped at 10.

However, the point Ken Pom was making is that because the idiotic NCAA didn’t make the efficiency portion of the NET adjusted for SOS, there essentially is no margin of victory cap. This is why NC State is in the low-30s on NET despite playing one of the worst non-con schedules in recent memory.

There’s a MOV cap and it’s capped at 10.

However, the point Ken Pom was making is that because the idiotic NCAA didn’t make the efficiency portion of the NET adjusted for SOS, there essentially is no margin of victory cap. This is why NC State is in the low-30s on NET despite playing one of the worst non-con schedules in recent memory.
NET is awful. Just use kenpom and move on NCAA.

Reactions: sgrooms
NET is awful. Just use kenpom and move on NCAA.

The NET is way better than the RPI (though it still has some components of the RPI). But yeah it’s crazy that the NCAA didn’t account for opponent strength with regards to the efficiency.

I agree with you on KenPom though. Just pay the man and use it.

What do you mean?

I like averages. I'll put RSCI and @JVDBeak'em rankings against anyone. His stats, based on average, shows who's off base. It reminds me of pollspeak where you can see which AP voter is way off base of the average.

Wouldn't a more appropriate measure be which ranking is more accurate, not which one is different?

NET seems to be pretty good, although the actual explanation of how they rate teams doesn't seem like a great way to do it. I'm very surprised by the result.

I averaged Monday's AP, Coaches, KenPom, Sagarin, NET, BPI and RPI, and the NET's ranking of the top 32 teams was almost dead on.
Of the top 25, the NET only had 2 teams that they ranked 4 or more spots from the average. I use 4 because that is a whole seed difference come march.
As comparison, the RPI was off by 4+ on half of the top 25. They were actually off by 8+ on a quarter of them.

Who know if they are accurate or not, but you would think an average of all of the more popular polls would be pretty decent. I'm just glad the NCAA decided to drop the shitty RPI.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I disagree. If they were smarter defendivede, they could have won that game.

I get it, Robinson would make a big difference, but you can't step on your dick that often on defense and beat a team as good as UVA.

They shot 3 for 23 from the outside too. Yeah, they didn't NEED Robinson, they needed a better defensive scheme.
3-27

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT