ADVERTISEMENT

UVA at FSU

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
I can't remember the last time I felt less confident about getting a win than tonight.

I think FSU booty blasts us by 15+

Reactions: kelley2403
Worst display of defense I've seen from FSU in a couple seasons. At least for a good 10 minute stretch. Allowing UVA to essentially drive straight to the basket virtually unimpeded. And then when we did create a few turnovers, we tossed it into the stands or into UVA's hands.

Polite (our best on-ball defender) finally came in and made a huge difference on D, which then turned into easy offense. Still, I'm more nervous than I expected to be. I know UVA sucks at threes, but you have to figure they'll make at least 3-4 in the second half.

We're too busy watching the game of the night, Uk vs Scar

I caught a lot of the first half and it was pretty entertaining. Lots of games on

Good game Noles. Feeling better about our chances to split though.

Reactions: speedfrk
It is just amazing to me how the UVA big guys will take the lightest bump, fall down and get the charge, but then they’ll hedge the dribble penetration and hip check and they are suddenly as strong as an ox. If that contact was called fairly, we would have no trouble against UVA offensively because their big men would be in foul trouble. Good game, and I can definitely see a split I’m the horizon, but we have a much better game inside of us if we play a bit smarter. I’m sure UVA can play better too

I’ll take the under

Ended up exactly with 3--all from the Waldentose kid.

Good game, @jhmossy. It's clear that Toney Bennett had his team ready to play and not going to back down. Heart of a champion. We played the worst half of basketball I've seen us play all year, but Devin Vassell is a first rounder and he saved us.

Reactions: jhmossy
Ended up exactly with 3--all from the Waldentose kid.

Good game, @jhmossy. It's clear that Toney Bennett had his team ready to play and not going to back down. Heart of a champion. We played the worst half of basketball I've seen us play all year, but Devin Vassell is a first rounder and he saved us.

yeah he was the best player on the court. It’s crazy how different this team is from the last few years. I know we lost 6 players from last years squad but we are so undisciplined on offense. So many turnovers and horrific shooting.

Are y'all shooting better from three at home? Because I don't know that I've seen FSU play worse in transition in quite some time.

if we are it’s the difference between 30% and 25%. Were abysmal.

54-50. 2 good defenses, stink and stank offenses.
Not “2 good defenses.” FSU has a good defense and typically a good offense. UVA has the best defense in college basketball. Actually, statistically, UVA has the best defense in several seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT