ADVERTISEMENT

Utah is punished, officially.

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014

The Utah men’s basketball program conducted impermissible recruiting activities and the head coach failed to meet his responsibility to monitor his staff and promote rules compliance, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.

The recruiting violations occurred over a seven-day period in April 2018. According to the committee, an assistant coach misapplied recruiting rules and believed off-campus recruiting activities were allowed during a quiet period. Acting on the misunderstanding, the committee said the assistant coach conducted an evaluation of a recruit at a community college, and the full men’s basketball coaching staff visited a second recruit at his high school during the quiet period.

The committee found that the associate head coach coordinated with a local community college’s men’s basketball head coach to get the high school prospect to the university’s campus for a visit. The community college paid for the prospect to visit the community college. While the prospect was in the area, he also visited the Utah campus, according to the committee.

Further reading.

The Utah men’s basketball program conducted impermissible recruiting activities and the head coach failed to meet his responsibility to monitor his staff and promote rules compliance, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel.

The recruiting violations occurred over a seven-day period in April 2018. According to the committee, an assistant coach misapplied recruiting rules and believed off-campus recruiting activities were allowed during a quiet period. Acting on the misunderstanding, the committee said the assistant coach conducted an evaluation of a recruit at a community college, and the full men’s basketball coaching staff visited a second recruit at his high school during the quiet period.

The committee found that the associate head coach coordinated with a local community college’s men’s basketball head coach to get the high school prospect to the university’s campus for a visit. The community college paid for the prospect to visit the community college. While the prospect was in the area, he also visited the Utah campus, according to the committee.

Further reading.
What a joke. UNC cheats for 20 years and no penalty and Utah has a minor violation and punished. However the punishment means nothing in the big scheme of things. The NCAA is a joke. They talk big and do nothing.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What a joke. UNC cheats for 20 years and no penalty and Utah has a minor violation and punished. However the punishment means nothing in the big scheme of things. The NCAA is a joke. They talk big and do nothing.

You talk big and you're nothing. You really have this obsession thing down to a science. Winking

Reactions: wesr
You talk big and you're nothing. You really have this obsession thing down to a science. Winking
Almost all college basketball fans except UNC know that you got away with 20 years of cheating. Get used to hearing it because you will have to live with it the rest of your life.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Almost all college basketball fans except UNC know that you got away with 20 years of cheating. Get used to hearing it because you will have to live with it the rest of your life.

Get use to this. We don't care and since you are the so called hype man on this makes it that more funny. You have a major chubby for KU, IU, UNC and whoever talks about your daddy Cal. All that energy should be used in getting your driver's license, talk about pressure.

Reactions: kl40504 and wesr
Untitled.png

Get use to this. We don't care and since you are the so called hype man on this makes it that more funny. You have a major chubby for KU, IU, UNC and whoever talks about your daddy Cal. All that energy should be used in getting your driver's license, talk about pressure.
Feeling a little butt hurt are we?

How so? Trolling your punk ass and you mentioning UNC is always a good thing. I mean you're just a unhappy teenager who wants to matter and belong and it's not working.
Nice comeback from a fan of the biggest cheaters in college basketball history.

You suck at trying to insult people. Get ready for the 9th grade Skippy.
Finished the 9th grade which is something you did not do. I understand you dropped out of school in the second grade. No wonder you are still living in your mommy's basement rent free.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He has 2600 posts and I'd wager 2500 are calling someone a cheater. The other 100 are nuh uh's. The real question is, why would someone waste their time doing that stuff?
Because he’s a moron.

w/o looking at ip addresses, I'd bet 100% they're the same guy.I'm usually wrong about everything.

Scotty has always had a hard on for UNC but to pose as a Duke fan is an all time low. I say that and he made up a handle posing as a UNC fan so go figure. A UK fan posing as a Duke and UNC fan, priceless.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Scotty has always had a hard on for UNC but to pose as a Duke fan is an all time low. I say that and he made up a handle posing as a UNC fan so go figure. A UK fan posing as a Duke and UNC fan, priceless.
"Unc" could just be a coincidence.

NCAA must just hate the state of Utah.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Childs is being suspended because he signed with an agent before filing the necessary paperwork with the NCAA. He's being punished for coming back to school. To give this idiotic penalty some perspective, Childs had a teammate that was also suspended 9 games by the NCAA. Except his teammate received $12,000+ in impermissible benefits. I guess not filing paperwork is equivalent of taking 12 grand. Makes sense, actually.

This is life in the PAC 12 when a Washington guy is at the head of the NCAA. I can't believe they wanted to suspend Larry because of this, what a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT