ADVERTISEMENT

USA WNT got stomped 3-0 to Sweden

Megan Rapino says a lot of bad things about our country. I have no problem with her getting her ass beat on the field.

You aren't just pulling against her. Pulling against her would be wanting her to not make the team or something. You are pulling against a team representing the USA. Lot of players right now say things I don't agree with. I bet some Kentucky players agree with a lot of things about our country you would find equally distasteful. But I guess as long as they shut up we can pretend otherwise.

I'm no fan of her either but I'm a fan of the USA. It just doesn't seem very 'Merica first to me.

Obviously who we pull for is pretty irrelevant though, lol.

Megan Rapino says a lot of bad things about our country. I have no problem with her getting her ass beat on the field.
Thank you. I root for the USA, but not her or any of the other folks who think this country is so bad, but are ok profiting off of it or representing us in the Olympics. She should have been left off the team.

You aren't just pulling against her. Pulling against her would be wanting her to not make the team or something. You are pulling against a team representing the USA. Lot of players right now say things I don't agree with. I bet some Kentucky players agree with a lot of things about our country you would find equally distasteful. But I guess as long as they shut up we can pretend otherwise.

I'm no fan of her either but I'm a fan of the USA. It just doesn't seem very 'Merica first to me.

To be fair, I never said I was pulling against her. I’m pretty indifferent if that team wins or loses. We win, go America, we lose, that loser gets to eat it.

As far as the Kentucky comment, they kneeled last year and I kept watching. I disagree with it but it won’t keep me from watching sports or anything. Even if I do think these “woke” athletes need some better perspective on a lot of issues.

To be fair, I never said I was pulling against her. I’m pretty indifferent if that team wins or loses. We win, go America, we lose, that loser gets to eat it.

As far as the Kentucky comment, they kneeled last year and I kept watching. I disagree with it but it won’t keep me from watching sports or anything. Even if I do think these “woke” athletes need some better perspective on a lot of issues.

Yeah, that's my bad. I don't get all into how any women's team does tbh. I just don't watch. However, I want the USA teams to win.

I always find it weird when people are happy when the national team loses. I think it says a lot about people getting all up in their emotions too much. You have your classic example here in this thread who lets other people dictate where he will and won't eat. Screw that. I'm not letting other people control what I do and don't do.

Yeah, that's my bad. I don't get all into how any women's team does tbh. I just don't watch. However, I want the USA teams to win.

I always find it weird when people are happy when the national team loses. I think it says a lot about people getting all up in their emotions too much. You have your classic example here in this thread who lets other people dictate where he will and won't eat. Screw that. I'm not letting other people control what I do and don't do.
Typical of the passive aggressive pussy you are, I am sure glad I never had to be in a fox hole with you. You would have tried to make friends with the Nazi's because you felt you understood their plight.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Triggered because he finally realizes he is letting the people he hates the most control his life. Better to figure it out now rather than later.

Just as an FYI, one can completely disagree with someone's POV without wanting a team they are on to lose or without letting their sponsorship control what you choose to do and not do. Unless you are so mentally weak that you lose your **** just thinking about it, or create a strawman about 'war' because you can't rationally defend your position.

Reactions: UL_1986

If I felt like Megan and some of the other athletes representing America actually played for American pride instead of "look at me, I'm protesting during the olympics", I would have a lot easier of a time rooting for them. But to be honest with you, I feel like some of them are just using that platform to bring a negativity to the country.

Reactions: johnboiler123

If you’re going to white knight for a celebrity at least pick one that doesn’t look like Megan Rapinoe. In the one in a million chance they see your post and want to thank you for your bravery, at least make it worth it.

It’s a win win. Either America wins (sweet) or SJW libs get their spirit broke (also sweet).

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If you’re going to white knight for a celebrity at least pick one that doesn’t look like Megan Rapinoe. In the one in a million chance they see your post and want to thank you for your bravery, at least make it worth it.

I have no interest in white knighting for Rapinoe. I don't care for her at all. That is a weird but unsurprising take. You can align yourself with Phil with the virtue signaling if you want though.

I have no interest in white knighting for Rapinoe. I don't care for her at all. That is a weird but unsurprising take. You can align yourself with Phil with the virtue signaling if you want though.

She’d be proud of your bravery, Cory.

I couldnt imagine not eating at a restaurant i like just bc who they got on the commercial. Thats super weird to me, but jmo. Taking things a bit too serious imo

I’m whatever with the team and how they do, honestly. Their recent remarks and lawsuit left a bad taste in my mouth, but I don’t actively cheer against them or anything. Now I just don’t care.

One thing I will say though is that sometimes losing / getting embarrassed is the best thing. Look at Italy’s soccer team right now. They missed qualifying for the last World Cup for the first time in 60 years, which gave them a chance to completely tear it down and rebuild better. They changed their formation, style, and went fairly young for the future (minus a few aging defenders), and 3 years later won the Eurocup. I’ve been a fan my entire life and it was super weird to not see them have 5 defenders back at all times. I think if they had gotten in they probably would have done just well enough to keep the status quo.

Ultimately the woman’s national team will do fine. Probably win gold or silver, and this loss won’t mean anything. But if they don’t, and I don’t have to hear about them for a while because of it, I’ll be okay with that too.

I couldnt imagine not eating at a restaurant i like just bc who they got on the commercial. Thats super weird to me, but jmo. Taking things a bit too serious imo

Yeah, that has always been odd to me. I remember when all the Chik-fil-A boycotts happened and how dumb it was that so many people were not going to eat there. If I like a place I'm just too selfish to let someone else decide for me based on some political or social stance.

I’m whatever with the team and how they do, honestly. Their recent remarks and lawsuit left a bad taste in my mouth, but I don’t actively cheer against them or anything. Now I just don’t care.

One thing I will say though is that sometimes losing / getting embarrassed is the best thing. Look at Italy’s soccer team right now. They missed qualifying for the last World Cup for the first time in 60 years, which gave them a chance to completely tear it down and rebuild better. They changed their formation, style, and went fairly young for the future (minus a few aging defenders), and 3 years later won the Eurocup. I’ve been a fan my entire life and it was super weird to not see them have 5 defenders back at all times. I think if they had gotten in they probably would have done just well enough to keep the status quo.

Ultimately the woman’s national team will do fine. Probably win gold or silver, and this loss won’t mean anything. But if they don’t, and I don’t have to hear about them for a while because of it, I’ll be okay with that too.

The whole financial stuff was absurd. They agreed to those terms because they wanted certain things and the men's team agreed to different terms. Hate that they then want to complain about pay equity when it was partially their fault.

I have no love for their team. I just can't take pleasure in a national team losing.

Have you been in the US for the last 5 years when Trump was President. Have you seen how people act. Dont recall you or cory(no balls) chiming on that.

I have standards and if a company wants to have someone represent them who hates this country and think this country doesnt offer them opportunities, either move or stfu. But I will not eat at your establishment.

Besides, it is Subway, geez.

The whole financial stuff was absurd. They agreed to those terms because they wanted certain things and the men's team agreed to different terms. Hate that they then want to complain about pay equity when it was partially their fault.

It was completely their fault. They were offered the same exact terms as the men, but turned it down for more stability (salary, insurance, and a smaller bonus for wins/ties as opposed to just a larger bonus). They then won at a high clip and realized that they would have made more if they just accepted the original deal. But in court instead of demanding to have the men’s deal, they wanted the stability they were getting with the salary and insurance but have the same larger bonus structure as the men. That’s not equal pay by any definition. That’s really just having your cake and eating it too.

I think the news coverage of it with the “women get paid less” stuff was really annoying too, especially when you know the actual story.

The political stuff doesn’t bother me. I’m pretty middle of the road so most entertainers don’t think the way I do. I’m okay with that.

Yo Phil, I Commented the same about the Chik-fil-A stuff. That was dumb as well. Liberal boycotts are the worst IMO. People have no idea what most business owners do or don't do with their money. No idea what they stand for. So you are giving money to people all the time who do things you would hate. Again, you can say whatever you want but you are letting what someone else does make decisions for you. Period. I find that silly.

It was completely their fault. They were offered the same exact terms as the men, but turned it down for more stability (salary, insurance, and a smaller bonus for wins/ties as opposed to just a larger bonus). They then won at a high clip and realized that they would have made more if they just accepted the original deal. But in court instead of demanding to have the men’s deal, they wanted the stability they were getting with the salary and insurance but have the same larger bonus structure as the men. That’s not equal pay by any definition. That’s really just having your cake and eating it too.

I think the news coverage of it with the “women get paid less” stuff was really annoying too, especially when you know the actual story.

The political stuff doesn’t bother me. I’m pretty middle of the road so most entertainers don’t think the way I do. I’m okay with that.

Equal pay is a silly argument with sports anyway IMO. That isn't the way it works. And yes, the coverage was absurd, as is most coverage of stories like that these days.

Cory hoping to impress rapinoe some more by only partially blaming them.

It's been a while since you have been all over me like this. I've missed it. Maybe eventually you can try to actually participate in the discussion instead of just making arguments that don't make any sense. Why are always so scared of opinions that are different from your own?

I’ve missed the hail and Cory bickering

He doesn't really bicker though. He just creates points that are nonsense and unrelated and stays with it like a little kid, lol. It's a weird way to avoid looking dumb. At least Phil owns his nonsense.

I don't remember bickering much in the past with him though. Maybe we did, lol.

Reactions: RR30
It's been a while since you have been all over me like this. I've missed it. Maybe eventually you can try to actually participate in the discussion instead of just making arguments that don't make any sense. Why are always so scared of opinions that are different from your own?

This post made sense to you and that doesn’t surprise me.

He doesn't really bicker though. He just creates points that are nonsense and unrelated and stays with it like a little kid, lol. It's a weird way to avoid looking dumb. At least Phil owns his nonsense.

I don't remember bickering much in the past with him though. Maybe we did, lol.

I stated my point, you just skipped it because you are busy pretending to give a shit about women’s soccer.

For those with Cory’s level of comprehension, here’s my stance again:

It’s a win win. Either America wins (sweet) or SJW libs get their spirit broke (also sweet).

I stated my point, you just skipped it because you are busy pretending to give a shit about women’s soccer.

No, I don't give a shit about women's soccer. Said that. I think it is dumb to celebrate Americen teams losing.

No, I don't give a shit about women's soccer. Said that. I think it is dumb to celebrate Americen teams losing.
Here you are sticking up for an individual/individuals that think the things they represent as US athletes is somehow wrong or racist or unfair. She should not be on the team and I hope she sucks every game. But for those proud to be Americans I root for them and the team. Just not the individuals.

Very strong stance there.

That has little to do with most of your comments here. You just created something I never said and said silly things about it.

Very strong stance there.

That has little to do with most of your comments here. You just created something I never said and said silly things about it.

It is what it is. I’d prefer Americans go undefeated at the olympics but if any lose I’d prefer it to be the whiny SJW libs and find it funny.

ADVERTISEMENT