3. Arkansas (15th nationally)
4. Tennessee (18th nationally)
5. Kentucky (19th nationally)
6. Mississippi State (31st nationally)
7. LSU (33rd nationally)

WCC:
1. Gonzaga (1st nationally)

Last edited:
He still terribly low on Oklahoma State.
Hard not to when a team loses a #1 pick.

If you watch them you see a lot of talent that can develop even more
Their forward Boone could become an All Big 12 first team player.

There is a possibility they could be where they were last year. Around Top 10-15

Reactions: duckboy33
So far the only top 10 team Gonzaga plays next year would possibly be UCLA. They also play Duke and Bama but don’t be surprised if the undefeated theme happens again next year for them.

So the major publications have them ranked 7th and 8th and you’re pissed someone had them 9th. That’s why you’re hilarious

You cite ESPN having them 17th and then when you’re wrong your pivot is ad hominem?

CBS has Michigan 7th.
ESPN has Michigan 8th.
USA has them 4th.
Torvik has them 4th.

All I said was that he had Michigan underrated (again) at 9th when compared to most other services. So?

• Haha
You cite ESPN having them 17th and then when you’re wrong your pivot is ad hominem?

CBS has Michigan 7th.
ESPN has Michigan 8th.
USA has them 4th.
Torvik has them 4th.

All I said was that he had Michigan underrated (again) at 9th when compared to most other services. So?
You’re right about ESPN. For some reason their website sent you to an old list. That’s why I love you. You’ll fight anyone who ranks Michigan 9th instead of 8th and anyone who has anything to say about it

Reactions: Sparty_0n
So far the only top 10 team Gonzaga plays next year would possibly be UCLA. They also play Duke and Bama but don’t be surprised if the undefeated theme happens again next year for them.

Playing Texas too, right? Duke and Bama should both be in the top 15. I personally feel like Duke is a contender for the title, but my own biases might be clouding my judgement. And I think Texas will be in the top 10 once publications have included Tre Mitchell. Two games between Providence, Louisville, and Oklahoma State. I think Okie State could be a top 15 team, as well. Should at least be in the top 25 to start the season, IMO.

Also, I think the WCC next year could be deepest we've seen in the history of the conference. I could see 7 teams being in the top 100, possibly 4 in the top 50. I think the Zags will have a tougher schedule, but going undefeated is still a possibility, of course.

I think Cal pissed in his cornflakes lmao. I think we're a top 10 right now. If we add Duren it might move us to top 5.

So what's going on with Purdue they return a strong team huh?

You guys buying or selling UCLA?

Tempted to move Arky into the top 10 but am a sucker for fun and gun offenses.

So what's going on with Purdue they return a strong team huh?

You guys buying or selling UCLA?

Tempted to move Arky into the top 10 but am a sucker for fun and gun offenses.
Purdue could have their best team in a long time..

50/50 on UCLA...They were an 11 seed after all. I think they are Top 15'ish---possibly. But #2? Naaah.

Oats has it going on at Arkansas...His offensive scheme is ridiculous.

And FTR---Not sure IU is a Top 30 type of team...Could be. Lots of good pieces. Big question obviously is---can Woody coach it?

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

50/50 on UCLA...They were an 11 seed after all. I think they are Top 15'ish---possibly. But #2? Naaah.

Oats has it going on at Arkansas...His offensive scheme is ridiculous.

And FTR---Not sure IU is a Top 30 type of team...Could be. Lots of good pieces. Big question obviously is---can Woody coach it?

UCLA was also two buzzer beaters away from winning the conference outright (Stanford and USC). And the Pac 12 kicked butt in the tournament. I can understand the hesitancy, just think these guys have the right amount of talent and cockiness/confidence to return to the Final Four.

UCLA isn’t that hard to see
Great defense and then the ability to find their spots. Took some time against Michigan St. That was a very good game. Maybe even better than some of the games they played later
Riley in the middle is a beast. Probably be better next year.
Him and Campbell establish a lot.

Why would you expect more from Purdue than UCLA?

Both teams bring everybody back and both were average in the regular season...yet one of them won 5 tourney games and took "unstoppable" Gonzaga to OT, while the other lost in embarrassing fashion in the first round.

In any other discussion, a team's season is defined by their tourney performance. In this case, everyone's all but throwing it out.

Reactions: Original_Irish
Saint Mary's picked up a commitment from Augustas Marciulionis last night. His father was one of the all-time great international players and was inducted into the Naismith HOF a few years back. Was club teammates with Azuolas Tubelis (Arizona), and it looks like they were equally productive. SMC battled injuries and has just about everyone back. Telling you guys, watch out, WCC is going to be good next year. 4 top 50 teams is a very distinct possibility. I believe the WCC will finish ahead of the American Athletic in next year's KenPom conference rankings.

Both teams bring everybody back and both were average in the regular season...yet one of them won 5 tourney games and took "unstoppable" Gonzaga to OT, while the other lost in embarrassing fashion in the first round.

In any other discussion, a team's season is defined by their tourney performance. In this case, everyone's all but throwing it out.
Maybe he thinks Purdue has an easier schedule because they are in the Big 10 and UCLA has to play in the PAC?

RollLaugh

Reactions: Original_Irish
His point was on the regular season last year. But the PAC had 4 Sweet 16 teams and the BIG had 1.
UCLA would have had more wins in the B1G

Everyone thought the B1G was this monster but it really wasn’t.

Arizona State and Stanford would have been tournament teams last year in the B1G. Weren’t in the Pac 12.

Your record is determined 50% by your competition and 50% by you

Im just choosing to pick an entire season, over a 6 game run....I think defining a team,by what they do in March, is silly. Especially considering its a single elimination tournament..Look, UCLA had lost 4 straight going into the NCAAT....They survived MSU in OT...Trailed by 5 with a minute to go...Got 27 from a dude averaging 12ppg...Easily could have lost that game. Might have caught a break with getting Abilene Christian, instead of TX...Who knows. Survive another OT, vs Bama. Had six dudes score in double-figures---first all year. Had another dude go crazy--Singleton. He dropped 16 on Bama. Came in averaging 4ppg...Survived another close one---51-49 vs Michigan. Run ends vs Gonzaga.

My point is, they got some breaks---hit some shots---had some dudes step up(Jaquez 27 vs MSU...Singleton 16 vs Bama. Not to mention Juzang playing out of his mind---23 vs MSU, 27 vs BYU....28 vs Michigan...29 vs GU... Dude had scored 20+ only 4 times all season...Then does so in a 6 game stretch...ANd look, Its not like they dog-walked folks, dominated, etc, etc...They eaily could have lost to MSU, in the First FOur, and this conversation is not being had. But since they got their shit going for a couple of weeks, folks wanna ranked them #2...Cool. I don't buy it.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
UCLA was also two buzzer beaters away from winning the conference outright (Stanford and USC). And the Pac 12 kicked butt in the tournament. I can understand the hesitancy, just think these guys have the right amount of talent and cockiness/confidence to return to the Final Four.
Fair...But they also trailed MSU by 5, with a minute to go---in the First Four. Easily could have lost. MOF, probably should have. They hit a nice stride, at the right time. We'll see. I think they'll be good. Possibly, really good. But I don't think they are the 2nd best team in CBB.

Reactions: MGC_07
Fair...But they also trailed MSU by 5, with a minute to go---in the First Four. Easily could have lost. MOF, probably should have. They hit a nice stride, at the right time. We'll see. I think they'll be good. Possibly, really good. But I don't think they are the 2nd best team in CBB.
If one of our guys just didn’t have a mental lapse and forget to box out that game is ours.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
If one of our guys just didn’t have a mental lapse and forget to box out that game is ours.
Exactly...Its why you cannot place to much emphasis on a single elimination tourney...MSU did everything to win that game---except one thing---And it cost them.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
Maybe he thinks Purdue has an easier schedule because they are in the Big 10 and UCLA has to play in the PAC?

RollLaugh
I get that. But also time and time again it has proven that that soft as Charmin Big 10 schedule does not prepare you for the grind that is March Madness. Purdue may stack up wins but, but they'll be unprepared for March.

I get that. But also time and time again it has proven that that soft as Charmin Big 10 schedule does not prepare you for the grind that is March Madness. Purdue may stack up wins but, but they'll be unprepared for March.

Without looking it up, I think Michigan is like 3rd in the county in NCAA Tournament wins over the past 5-10 years.

Without looking it up, I think Michigan is like 3rd in the county in NCAA Tournament wins over the past 5-10 years.
Yup, you are proving my point! Michigan gets these great seeds by putting up a bunch of wins against nobodies in the Big 10. So they are getting like a free pass to the sweet 16/Elite 8. But they can't ever actually beat the real big dogs.

Yup, you are proving my point! Michigan gets these great seeds by putting up a bunch of wins against nobodies in the Big 10. So they are getting like a free pass to the sweet 16/Elite 8. But they can't ever actually beat the real big dogs.

Huh? We made the National Championship as a 4 seed and a 2 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT