ADVERTISEMENT

Unpopular Opinions ITT.

Lifted trucks are super gay. I also cannot stand country music unless it’s old stuff like Hank Williams Sr, Merle, George Jones, and Buck Owens.
Yeah if you’re into all the glitz and glamor bs fla/ga line brings, you can gfy

Reactions: UL_1986
White Claw and Truly are better than 75% of craft beers. Also, sour beer... it’s ****ing good.

Reactions: sgrooms
Johnny Cash, Gram Parsons, etc were some of the greatest artists ever.

But 100% of today’s country is brutal. If anything good exists, I refuse to wade through to find it.

Johnny Cash, Gram Parsons, etc were some of the greatest artists ever.

But 100% of today’s country is brutal. If anything good exists, I refuse to wade through to find it.
Eric Church is the only one I think is legit

Reactions: The RUT
Lifted trucks are super gay. I also cannot stand country music unless it’s old stuff like Hank Williams Sr, Merle, George Jones, and Buck Owens.

the two types of music I can not stand are country and rap
i do agree on the old country and some of the old rap
i mean what type of person could ever hate .............

Last edited:
Reactions: AWilli6995
jaded > brain stew
where did our love go > tainted love
we are the champions > we will rock you

Bob Knight is just behind Roy, IMO. If you compare their accomplishments then you’ll see Roy is obviously ahead of Knight.
If I'm being honest, I really didn't expect Williams winning percentage to be so high. Not sure why I didn't expect that...just didn't.

Admittedly, you do have a better argument than what I originally thought. I still don't agree with you inregards to x's and o's, but if you include the recruiting aspect...imo its debatable. Personally, there isn't a coach during my lifetime who got more out of typically inferior talent than Knight. If you look at Indiana's rosters up until the 93 season...he very rarely had the best talent. Besides the undefeated championship year, he won banners with less talent than his opponent. Both the 81 and 87 banner teams without a doubt had less talent than the north Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky's, UNLV and Dukes of the world those years.

Like I said above, if we're talking about ingame x's and o's....I don't believe I've ever seen anyone better then him! But, in the college game, it also comes down to recruiting. That's an area that Roy would definitely have the upper hand on him.

If every penny you owned was on the line for 1 seasons outcome....I'd take Knight in his prime (70's and 80's) over Roy in his prime and I wouldn't think twice.

If I'm being honest, I really didn't expect Williams winning percentage to be so high. Not sure why I didn't expect that...just didn't.

Admittedly, you do have a better argument than what I originally thought. I still don't agree with you inregards to x's and o's, but if you include the recruiting aspect...imo its debatable. Personally, there isn't a coach during my lifetime who got more out of typically inferior talent than Knight. If you look at Indiana's rosters up until the 93 season...he very rarely had the best talent. Besides the undefeated championship year, he won banners with less talent than his opponent. Both the 81 and 87 banner teams without a doubt had less talent than the north Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky's, UNLV and Dukes of the world those years.

Like I said above, if we're talking about ingame x's and o's....I don't believe I've ever seen anyone better then him! But, in the college game, it also comes down to recruiting. That's an area that Roy would definitely have the upper hand on him.

If every penny you owned was on the line for 1 seasons outcome....I'd take Knight in his prime (70's and 80's) over Roy in his prime and I wouldn't think twice.
The only thing we really have to compare coaches is their accomplishments and their head to head record. Roy is tied for him in titles but has almost twice as many Final Fours in less seasons coaching.

He’s also 8-1 against Bob Knight head to head. Roy was actually an underdog as the coach of KU in the first 3 meetings against Bob Knight and Indiana. Kansas won all 3 games. Those Indiana teams were ranked #3, #2 and #1.

The only thing we really have to compare coaches is their accomplishments and their head to head record. Roy is tied for him in titles but has almost twice as many Final Fours in less seasons coaching.

He’s also 8-1 against Bob Knight head to head. Roy was actually an underdog as the coach of KU in the first 3 meetings against Bob Knight and Indiana. Kansas won all 3 games. Those Indiana teams were ranked #3, #2 and #1.

Admittedly, there wasn't a school/coach that had IUs number more then Kansas. But, if you look at the rosters of both teams, its probably not crazy to assume that kamsas usually had the better talent. Without a doubt, on paper, Roy was definitely a better recruiter. But, Knight typically didn't go for the players that would nowadays considered a 5* player. The few he did get were usually from a small farm town in Indiana (minus Isaiah).

the first song is good music
the second video not so much
i think the part i hate is the fake twang they sing most country music with

BTW that first song reminds me of Bon Jovi
You just don't like hip hop past 1989.

I don't hear Bon Jovi at all.

If you take all fans/votes away from IU, KU and UNC fans, Knight would win a poll in a landslide. No disrespect to Roy, but he just isn't/wasn't Knight. 92/93 was definitely the 2 seasons where Knight didn't produce, as he should have. (IMO, IU wins the Natty in 92, If Valentine isn't reffing that final 4 IU/Duke game.) The 92 roster was Knight's most talented. Using today's Rival's star rating system, that team had (5) 5-Stars. IU needs to win and win big...very soon!

If you take all fans/votes away from IU, KU and UNC fans, Knight would win a poll in a landslide. No disrespect to Roy, but he just isn't/wasn't Knight. 92/93 was definitely the 2 seasons where Knight didn't produce, as he should have. (IMO, IU wins the Natty in 92, If Valentine isn't reffing that final 4 IU/Duke game.) The 92 roster was Knight's most talented. Using today's Rival's star rating system, that team had (5) 5-Stars. IU needs to win and win big...very soon!
I agree that Knight would win in a landslide. That’s why I said it’s an unpopular opinion that Roy is better. I don’t think most people have really thought about it or even looked at the stats. When they do, like jace did ITT earlier, they see it’s a lot closer than they thought it would be and there’s no denying that Roy has better accomplishments in CBB.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I agree that Knight would win in a landslide. That’s why I said it’s an unpopular opinion that Roy is better. I don’t think most people have really thought about it or even looked at the stats. When they do, like jace did ITT earlier, they see it’s a lot closer than they thought it would be and there’s no denying that Roy has better accomplishments in CBB.
I have no problems with putting Roy above Knight.

Reactions: schoonerwest
I have no problems with putting Roy above Knight.
I think you have to rank him higher. The main thing we have to go on are coaches accomplishment and Roy is as good or better than Knight in most of the most meaningful categories.

When your argument is who you’d rather have coaching the last play of the game I think you’ve lost the argument.

I have zero doubt that Roy's accomplishments stack up, but Knight did it a different way with a roster that was typically much different than the other bluebloods. Did I say different? LOL.

I have zero doubt that Roy's accomplishments stack up, but Knight did it a different way with a roster that was typically much different than the other bluebloods. Did I say different? LOL.
By different, do you mean his players had bruises around their necks?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT