ADVERTISEMENT

Unpopular Opinions ITT.

Black Keys, Raconteurs, White Stripes, Pixies, Arctic Monkeys, KOL

Pixies were great....in 1988.

Actually, they're still great live, but I'm not sure about the comeback albums. White Stripes hung it up years ago. Not a huge fan of Black Keys, but I like some songs.

I just have to glance at the rock charts to see that I've missed out on nothing by ditching FM radio.

Family Guy isn’t funny and Game of Thrones is trash. I also think the Avengers movies are boring.

giphy.gif

Well, today's mainstream rock isn't even worth talking about.

But I don't think many (outside of Gen Xers) believe that 90s grunge was popular music's golden era.

Only bands I’d put close to grunge era are the hipster folk bands like The Lumineers, Strumbellas and Mumford and Sons. Bands like Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson and Ben Folds have spanned generations. Big DMB fan.

Reactions: toonces11
Family Guy isn’t funny and Game of Thrones is trash. I also think the Avengers movies are boring.

giphy.gif
I remember really liking Family Guy and Southpark 15 years ago but I stopped watching them both for whatever reason. I’ve seen both within the last couple of years and it’s made me realize how much more mature I am now compared to what I was then. I barely laughed and had to change the channel. They’re both great for what they are but it definitely appeals to a certain audience.

I’m almost finished with Season 2 of GOT. They’re still introducing like 6 new characters an episode. I think we’re up to about 227 total so far that I’m supposed to care about. So far I’m only interested in the dragon lady, the midget and the Stark-Lannister feud. I realize they all kind of tie in with one another but if the character isn’t the dragon girl or somebody with a last name of Stark or Lannister I really don’t care about them. I’m told the character development stops in Season 3 and it really takes off from there.

Agreed on super hero movies. They’re 3 star flicks that are only put out 2 times a year because they’re the most profitable genre in the industry. Good movies for a random Tuesday night when nothing else is on but there’s nothing really special about them that stands out (other than special effects).

Reactions: UL_1986
I remember really liking Family Guy and Southpark 15 years ago but I stopped watching them both for whatever reason. I’ve seen both within the last couple of years and it’s made me realize how much more mature I am now compared to what I was then. I barely laughed and had to change the channel. They’re both great for what they are but it definitely appeals to a certain audience.

I’m almost finished with Season 2 of GOT. They’re still introducing like 6 new characters an episode. I think we’re up to about 227 total so far that I’m supposed to care about. So far I’m only interested in the dragon lady, the midget and the Stark-Lannister feud. I realize they all kind of tie in with one another but if the character isn’t the dragon girl or somebody with a last name of Stark or Lannister I really don’t care about them. I’m told the character development stops in Season 3 and it really takes off from there.

Agreed on super hero movies. They’re 3 star flicks that are only put out 2 times a year because they’re the most profitable genre in the industry. Good movies for a random Tuesday night when nothing else is on but there’s nothing really special about them that stands out (other than special effects).
Totally agree with you on South Park, I thought it was pretty funny when it first came out in the late 90s, but since then it’s just doesn’t do it for me. GoT is soooo boring to me, I have no investment in any character, and the premise is pretty weak. I’ve tried watching it, but I think it’s extremely dull and overrated. I equate it to the marvel movies, simply because most people love special effects and far-fetched things such as dragons, flying around CGI whathaveyous. Not for me.

Reactions: KisteK
Only bands I’d put close to grunge era are the hipster folk bands like The Lumineers, Strumbellas and Mumford and Sons. Bands like Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson and Ben Folds have spanned generations. Big DMB fan.
Mumford and lumineers wore out their welcome with my ears--never really like them, but now I turn the station if they are on. DMB and Jack are great.

Pixies were great....in 1988.

Actually, they're still great live, but I'm not sure about the comeback albums. White Stripes hung it up years ago. Not a huge fan of Black Keys, but I like some songs.

I just have to glance at the rock charts to see that I've missed out on nothing by ditching FM radio.
Yeah--I listen to them like they are new. I do like cold war kids---but options these days suck

Shaq maybe the biggest sell out ever. He’s literally in every other commercial

Sounds interesting. I'll give you that. But at the same time, if someone offered me $1,000 to not eat bacon for the rest of my life, I think I'd be a $1,000 richer.

You're crazy. That's like $0.05 a day for the next 50 years. Give me the bacon.

The idea that Duke will become irrelevant after K leaves is a popular opinion on here but I don’t think most people who follow sports believe that. Didn’t Brad Stevens recently say something about that being a job he wants if the Boston job didn’t work out? I think that most of the top available coaches in the sport will be lining up for the Duke job when K does retire.

Here’s an unpopular opinion around here. Roy Williams is only behind Wooden, K and Rupp on the all time best coaches list.
You're forgetting a coach that he's behind.

Chris Cornell might be the most overrated grunge artist. Saw him play twice live. Wasn’t impressed either time. Became more overrated after death.
Can't disagree with this more! Admittedly, I never saw him live, but I've always felt that he was one of the most underrated artists of the 90's era. He had some of the biggest songs that defined the 90's. From countless soundgarden songs, to hunger strike from Temple of the Dog. Then, later in life, how he was able to make known mega hits into something completely different. That dude had so much ridiculous talent!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Speaking about 90's music.....Tupac is the best of all time.....candelbox is the forgotten great grunge band....and Creed actually had some good songs on their first 2 albums.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
You're crazy. That's like $0.05 a day for the next 50 years. Give me the bacon.

I only buy bacon if the wife specifically requests it. The only time I eat bacon is if someone else prepares it. I think it brings a nice flavor in some sandwiches, but it's not something I care to eat by itself. Me not consuming bacon is probably tantamount to most Americans not eating something like oatmeal or cabbage. It's something you can eat, but it's also something you could probably abstain from for a very, very long time.

I only buy bacon if the wife specifically requests it. The only time I eat bacon is if someone else prepares it. I think it brings a nice flavor in some sandwiches, but it's not something I care to eat by itself. Me not consuming bacon is probably tantamount to most Americans not eating something like oatmeal or cabbage. It's something you can eat, but it's also something you could probably abstain from for a very, very long time.

Bacon, oatmeal, and cabbage. One doesn't belong.

I'm just blown away. I'm not a bacon fanatic or anything. At most, I eat it once a month, but probably closer to once every couple of months. I've just never heard anyone dismiss it like this or compare it to cabbage.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Bacon, oatmeal, and cabbage. One doesn't belong.

I'm just blown away. I'm not a bacon fanatic or anything. At most, I eat it once a month, but probably closer to once every couple of months. I've just never heard anyone dismiss it like this or compare it to cabbage.

lol yeah, I hear ya. I'll concede that it's not a very popular opinion. But I've never been blown away by the taste. I think it's massively overrated - and I've felt that way for the majority of my life.

• Amy Schumer, Rebel Wilson, Melissa McCarthy....NOT funny
  • Most grunge sucks
  • All rap sucks
  • IPA's are disgusting
  • Rush sucks....don't care 'how good their drummer is/was'

Reactions: mebeblue2
  • Amy Schumer, Rebel Wilson, Melissa McCarthy....NOT funny
  • Most grunge sucks
  • All rap sucks
  • IPA's are disgusting
  • Rush sucks....don't care 'how good their drummer is/was'
What kind of music and alcohol doesn’t suck to you? Also who out there do you think is funny?

I’m close to agreeing with you on IPA’s. I was into them for awhile but I’ve realized that a good craft brewed Pilsner is about as good as it gets. I don’t like most things now that have an IBU above 40.

What kind of music and alcohol doesn’t suck to you? Also who out there do you think is funny?

I’m close to agreeing with you on IPA’s. I was into them for awhile but I’ve realized that a good craft brewed Pilsner is about as good as it gets. I don’t like most things now that have an IBU above 40.

Sandler, Rogan, Steve Carell, even pre-insane Jim Carrey = funny.

Bourbon, craft beers, certain Vodka drinks...I'm good with any of these. IPA's just taste like they were brewed with pine cones. Yuck.

Music tastes are pretty much rock from the 70's to today. Didn't start listening to 'some' country music until around 10 years ago.

Reactions: schoonerwest

Agreed on this. Can’t do IPAs really anymore.

Lifted trucks are super gay. I also cannot stand country music unless it’s old stuff like Hank Williams Sr, Merle, George Jones, and Buck Owens.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Lifted trucks are super gay. I also cannot stand country music unless it’s old stuff like Hank Williams Sr, Merle, George Jones, and Buck Owens.
I always love it when you see tools in the back. Good job dipshit, now you need a ladder to get your ladder. And country music? That shit ain't music, brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT