ADVERTISEMENT

Unessential off-season thread: Disney World and college gear

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
OK, it’s the off-season, so here goes.

The family and I are down in Disney world for a while, and I’ve been paying pretty close attention, to see which schools get the most representation!

One note: I will not be counting Monster U. If I did, they would be the second most represented. Possibly first.

So, the college with the most gear is Duke. I know people will think I’m being a homer, but there is so much Duke gear even my elderly half blind mother-in-law mentioned it. I would say I saw between 20 and 24 pieces of Duke merch in the first three days.

Second place is definitely Carolina. Carolina blue is pretty easy to pick out, but I saw a fair amount Carolina of stuff. (One aside: in terms of state representation, not college, the state of North Carolina has a lot of gear out there too.) I probably saw 12 to 14 pieces of UNC gear (of which four were one family.)

Maryland was actually third… I think I saw four things, and none in the same party?

Believe it or not, everything else was pretty mixed. One Kentucky shirt, which was surprising to me, last time we were here I noticed a bunch of them… only one Kansas shirt, which was surprising… It looked very new as well, so probably a championship shirt? One Villanova. K state, West Virginia, two Harvard (same family, and it wasn’t sports related.) One Michigan. No Michigan State. No UCLA or Oregon or other West Coast schools that I noticed.

anyway, one more day to go, so I’ll update us tomorrow night :)

Nice. Weather has been warming up so have been rocking the pellet grill more. Cooked a brisket. Turned out really well.

Headed to Greece in a few weeks. Pretty excited about it.

After I get back will try and figure out a new walking town in NJ and PA each week to go with the wife. She loves checking out those places.

Nice. Weather has been warming up so have been rocking the pellet grill more. Cooked a brisket. Turned out really well.

After I get back will try and figure out a new walking town in NJ and PA each week to go with the wife. She loves checking out those places.
Make sure to tell us how many UNC shirts you see in Greece.

Disney is so woke right now you won't see many conservatives there, which is the majority of many fan bases especially in the SEC. A massive amount of people have cancelled plans to visit Disney and cancelled subs to Disney+ since this fiasco started. It's hilarious to see Disney trying to do damage control now.

@UCLA_Nation What's the amount of shirts you see out there in Disneyland?

10/1 Kentucky shirts at Kings Island would beat the brakes off .......too easy.

Honestly, Jokes aside, last time and only time I went to Orlando and Disneyworld I didn't see one Duke shirt.

OP is chartering a bus.

Headed to Eleuthera on the 22nd-1st. Can’t wait.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Disney is so woke right now you won't see many conservatives there, which is the majority of many fan bases especially in the SEC. A massive amount of people have cancelled plans to visit Disney and cancelled subs to Disney+ since this fiasco started. It's hilarious to see Disney trying to do damage control now.
Lots of recent SEC grads are libs though. My coworker went a few weeks ago and said the parks were packed. He wasn’t thrilled that they banned all gender greetings but his kid loves Mickey and Donald Duck so they said fvck it and went.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Also @TheDude1 no way did you see more Duke shirts than UF or FSU shirts in freaking Disney World. I find that very hard to believe.

Lots of recent SEC grads are libs though. My coworker went a few weeks ago and said the parks were packed. He wasn’t thrilled that they banned all gender greetings but his kid loves Mickey and Donald Duck so they said fvck it and went.
I'm surprised Disney hasn't made all of their characters non-binary yet. I am sure that's in the future plans though.

Reactions: tw3301
Also @TheDude1 no way did you see more Duke shirts than UF or FSU shirts in freaking Disney World. I find that very hard to believe.

Only on FSU shirt, just yesterday at Epcot! No UF shirts that I’ve seen. I don’t know how many visitors at Disney are actual Florida residents, you know?

Holy cow, are you guys ACTUALLY getting all worked up over “Woke Disney”…? I can’t tell if this is joking or not. If it makes you feel any better, it’s exactly the same as it’s always been. The only difference that I’ve noticed is that now, when they see my kids, they say “hello princess!” to both my daughter AND my son.

• Haha
Lol, my fiancé and I actually have a running list (2.5+ years) that we casually keep track of for Chicago. It’s pretty interesting.

yeah, my interest at staring at “Mexican” buildings in Epcot is less than you might expect ;-). So I figured why not, it might make some people your laugh and it’ll give me something to do:)

I meant to say, not as much pro sports as I would’ve thought. A lot of Yankees. Some NFL stuff. Some baseball. I think the NBA stuff is the least, and I’ve definitely seen more Brooklyn stuff than anything else. A surprising amount of Philadelphia stuff too, across all sports. Some old-school Sixers, some Flyers.

I think they're both using champion t-shirts as tampons.

My bad, I'm sure he's having fun. Can't wait for his update.
Onlly having fun. Look forward to tomorrow.

Hey, I know I tend to be way too serious in all my posts; this is literally just silliness that I can think about and be analytical with while waiting for everybody to get off rides:)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hey, I know I tend to be way too serious in all my posts; this is literally just silliness that I can think about and be analytical with while waiting for everybody to get off rides:)
Hey guy, there's nothing wrong with being a tshirt fan.

@UCLA_Nation What's the amount of shirts you see out there in Disneyland?

10/1 Kentucky shirts at Kings Island would beat the brakes off .......too easy.
The last time I was at Disneyland, Arizona easily had the most t-shirts followed by USC and ASU. You get bored standing in long lines so this gave me something to do I guess.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Imagine going to a theme park and keeping count. Then reporting back. ....and there's an update.

duke fans, amirite.

Hah so sometime last year I was conducting my own sampling poll to see which college gear I saw the most. I live in Western North Carolina - so a pretty lengthy distance to UNC or Duke (roughly 5 hours). And we can get to UGA, Tennessee, or Clemson in about 2 hours. So, it didn't seem obvious.

If my numbers were exclusive to the reservation, then Oklahoma was the dominant college apparel. The obvious Cherokee ties makes the Oklahoma Sooners a pretty easy choice for most. Outside of the reservation, the top 3 were Georgia, UNC, and then Tennessee. There was also an awful lot of Florida State apparel, too. I assume mostly because the Cherokee folks appreciate schools represented by other tribes.

I rarely see any tshirt fans in Memphis. Some guys like to wear Jersey's but can't recall what they are. When I do see someone wearing UK gear, I'll shout Go Big Blue and watch them look around.

I think he said he was just bored waiting in lines for rides.
Touche yea i should have kept reading the thread lol.

Still, interact with your child, stare at hot chicks, stare at not so hot chicks and wonder how many beers it would take you, anything seems better than (lets face it) staring at 75% mens clothing lol

Still, interact with your child, stare at hot chicks, stare at not so hot chicks and wonder how many beers it would take you, anything seems better than (lets face it) staring at 75% mens clothing lol
@TheDude1 cant drink worth a damn or else I would agree. What he should have been doing is watching YouTube videos on how to be big man on 2K

Bro, as I said above, my fiancé and I keep track of this literally all year … it’s not like hard, haha. We miss a lot, probably, but I just have a note on my phone and throw some shit in it from time to time.

Believe me, I have plenty of time for beers … and the other things when she’s not lookin’. ;)

It’d be interesting to know which fanbase was sporting the most school-centric buttplugs. 🤔

Here’s the KU edition;

anni-butt-plug-round-red-blue-25-mm-diogol-72615.jpg

There should be plenty for him to stare at in a Disney resort.

Okay, I know everyone was on pins and needles for the update, so here goes!

Overall less merch today. First school of the Day award went to UK, with a shirt right at the entrance. Several UK shirts/hats today, and a few unidentified Wildcat shirts. Still, it was neck and neck Duke/UNC, about five things each) till the very end, leaving the front entrance, when a UNC shirt gave Carolina the lead! All looked lost, until LITERALLY at the “turnstiles” when a Duke shirt showed up… followed by another at the bus drop off! So take THAT, UNC fans… you can have your “OooOooOo we retired Coach K and knocked him out of the tournament!” but WE have more merch that I saw in my very limited view over four days at Disney! Yay? One fam had Dad in UNC and son in Duke:) Some Kansas today, including a guy in all blue wearing a Kansas scarf (it was 90 out?) Four or so Penn States, too, and similar numbers of The OSU. No FSU, but several UF (half of which were Swamp shirts). Several UConn. A few Michigan, and lots of one offs… K State and NYU and LSU and SC and Michigan State and MIT. Still no Nova!

For the pros, the Yankees and Lakers showed up, as well as the Washington Nationals and finally a ton of Red Sox. Philly again with a lot of love.

Lots of shirts about how expensive it is… lots of #spoiled shirts on moms and kids, and #broke shirts on exhausted dads, and a bunch of “most expensive day EVER” shirts. It’s a little f’ed up?

Oh, and have people ALWAYS coughed and hacked this much, and I’m just noticing it more now?

Btw, Pirates of the Caribbean is WOKE CITY. A WOMAN pirate (yeah right), WAAAAY fewer pirates chasing women to rape them (there WAS one woman chasing a man with similar intentions… okay, how is woman on man rape okay?! Double standard much?) and NO selling of women into sexual slavery! Instead they were selling a chicken, which was REALLY awkward to explain to my daughter, who loves animals… “Daddy, what are those men going to do with that chicken!?” Goddamned Disney.

Oh, and plenty of woman watching. There really are no clothing standards anymore for covering skin in warm weather. Thank god. But I can do three things at once (the first being carrying bags and pushing strollers and getting food, the second being watching for sports shirts.) ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Bro, as I said above, my fiancé and I keep track of this literally all year … it’s not like hard, haha. We miss a lot, probably, but I just have a note on my phone and throw some shit in it from time to time.

Believe me, I have plenty of time for beers … and the other things when she’s not lookin’. ;)

Im lucky… mine likes looking along with me:)

ADVERTISEMENT