ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs KU

Any game we can get bt those four schools is 100% the best game of the year for me
i would love a round robin with those schools
we could call it "The Best Of The Best"
UNC and Duke could just opt out on the cycle they play and just let UK vs KU play

Reactions: toonces11
Would like to see it.
We've had some really epic battles in recent years/decades with our home and home series. I am super glad we still play every three years in the Sports Classic.

I love seeing UK play all three teams and I'm never confident, even if there's a perceived talent discrepancy, you know both teams and staff are going to bring it.

why would they not now that Roy is no longer coaching
as we all know he did not want to play KU because of his ties to KU

it would be no different than UK playing KU, UNC, Duke
I'm just saying they aren't historically rivals. They've only played 11 times.

We've had some really epic battles in recent years/decades with our home and home series. I am super glad we still play every three years in the Sports Classic.

I love seeing UK play all three teams and I'm never confident, even if there's a perceived talent discrepancy, you know both teams and staff are going to bring it.

Still like the home and home with Kentucky better.

I'm just saying they aren't historically rivals. They've only played 11 times.
it does make you wonder how many times they might have played had Roy not coached at one or the other for the last 32 years (not counting 10 years as a assistant at UNC)
i understand him not doing it because he loved both schools
but we as fans got cheated from a great rivalry
that rivalry would have been much like UK vs either Duke, UNC, KU

would be a great game for CBB fans

Last edited:
it does make you wonder how many times they might have played had Roy not coached at one or the other for the last 32 years (not counting 10 years as a assistant at UNC)
i understand him not doing it because he loved both schools
but we as fans got cheated from a great rivalry
that rivalry would have been much like UK vs either Duke, UNC, KU

would be a great game for CBB fans
If I had allegiance to two schools I would be trying to arrange to play each other as much as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT