ADVERTISEMENT

UNC @ FSU

FSU also shot 10% higher than normal from 3. They won’t shoot 47% from 3 the rest of the season. They also had two players have career nights. FSU didn’t give Duke anything. Duke had to overcome some heroic efforts from FSU and still won.

No doubt. When Duke wins and the other team makes mistakes late you guys are just badass. When UNC never comes close to the bonus in a game on the road and the other team makes some mistakes late it is the other team giving us every break. Sounds about right for you guys. Maybe you should start a 'Stats and stuff' type thread for Dukies.

Truth is that FSU gave it to Duke, and Duke took it, FSU tried to give it to UNC, but UNC did not take it. FSU got to figure out why they choke in end of games.

Because we are the 238th youngest team in the country and don’t have the luxury of replacing two NBA draft picks with brand new five stars. We are still developing and learning how to win.

Next year we return as many as 8 of our top 9 guys this year.

Coming into the game we were 39%.

Point is, it wasn’t some hot shooting night.
Oh I agree, you guys are a good 3 point shooting team. I'm still having nightmares of the threes that were drained against Duke on Saturday.

Reactions: GE Nole
FSU also shot 10% higher than normal from 3. They won’t shoot 47% from 3 the rest of the season. They also had two players have career nights. FSU didn’t give Duke anything. Duke had to overcome some heroic efforts from FSU and still won.

Just to be clear, FSU shot better from three the game before we played Duke. We went 19-36 one game prior to the Duke game.

Is that hard to just tip your cap and say FSU is a good shooting team? We went 15-32 against Duke. If we go 13-32 we basically shoot our average. Two more made threes isn’t some outlandish hot streak.

No doubt. When Duke wins and the other team makes mistakes late you guys are just badass. When UNC never comes close to the bonus in a game on the road and the other team makes some mistakes late it is the other team giving us every break. Sounds about right for you guys. Maybe you should start a 'Stats and stuff' type thread for Dukies.

Wtf are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about unc bud. I simply stated facts as to how Duke had to overcome heroic efforts from several FSU players. I don’t recall saying about about your boys. Smfh.

I think the difference is Duke and FSU went back and forth all game and Duke executed really well the last 3-4 minutes of the game which seems to be common this season. FSU had the lead, the ball, and free throws and missed every single one of them but still won so it seemed like FSU tried to give it away. Also FSU was (EDIT for ge nole) hotter from 3 against Duke and only their season average or 1% below their average against UNC.

Just to be clear, FSU shot better from three the game before we played Duke. We went 19-36 one game prior to the Duke game.

Is that hard to just tip your cap and say FSU is a good shooting team? We went 15-32 against Duke. If we go 13-32 we basically shoot our average. Two more made threes isn’t some outlandish hot streak.

It’s fine. FSU played well. I didn’t say you played bad. I was pointing out percentages. And if you folks didn’t brick the last 5 at the end of regulation you would have been over 50%.

Is it that hard for you to acknowledge two of your players had career nights? I mean come on. It wasn’t a shot at FSU. Don’t take it so personal.

Exactly. And keep in mind, UNC was in the Tuck where FSU has a 28 game win streak. Duke got FSU at home.

My guess is the outcomes are reversed if Duke played at FSU and the Seminoles traveled to Chapel Hill.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Wtf are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about unc bud. I simply stated facts as to how Duke had to overcome heroic efforts from several FSU players. I don’t recall saying about about your boys. Smfh.

Yeah, you are right. I apologize. Seriously, my bad. I had you mixed up with someone else who did. I literally thought your handle was another one. I really just wanted to work in an excuse to make a 'stats and stuff' joke for those who would get it. My fault completely though.

Reactions: shun1 and tw3301
Yeah, you are right. I apologize. Seriously, my bad. I had you mixed up with someone else who did. I really just wanted to work in an excuse to make a 'stats and stuff' joke for those who would get it.
jes sayin...

Reactions: UNC71-00
It’s fine. FSU played well. I didn’t say you played bad. I was pointing out percentages. And if you folks didn’t brick the last 5 at the end of regulation you would have been over 50%.

Is it that hard for you to acknowledge two of your players had career nights? I mean come on. It wasn’t a shot at FSU. Don’t take it so personal.

But we did miss the last 5. If we didn’t, we likely win the game. I’m not sure what your point is.

Braian Angola had more threes in a game earlier this season, while playing 10 less minutes because it was a blowout. He had one less three in the ACCT last year, again in far fewer minutes. Shooting the ball is what he was recruited to do.

Phil had a career night. Of course it’s the first year he’s been healthy in 3 years, but he definitely stepped up the way a senior should.

But we did miss the last 5. If we didn’t, we likely win the game. I’m not sure what your point is.

Braian Angola had more threes in a game earlier this season, while playing 10 less minutes because it was a blowout. He had one less three in the ACCT last year, again in far fewer minutes. Shooting the ball is what he was recruited to do.

Phil had a career night. Of course it’s the first year he’s been healthy in 3 years, but he definitely stepped up the way a senior should.

It was a damn good game. I just refuse to concede that one team gave it away for the other team to win. Duke earned the win, just like had FSU won they would have earned it. It’s that simple to me.

Exactly. And keep in mind, UNC was in the Tuck where FSU has a 28 game win streak. Duke got FSU at home.

My guess is the outcomes are reversed if Duke played at FSU and the Seminoles traveled to Chapel Hill.

Probably wouldn’t have been any open seats in your stadium had Duke been in town. What was the reason for that? I saw open seats all over tv last night.

I agree though sometimes teams do kind of give it away. I thought UT did against UNC earlier this year. I'm more of a 'make your own breaks' sort of thinker myself though, especially in basketball where everything is so fast.

Probably wouldn’t have been any open seats in your stadium had Duke been in town. What was the reason for that? I saw open seats all over tv last night.

I think it was the snow and ice. They aren't really used to that down there, lol. They were probably freaking out and barricaded indoors.

Pretty sure it snowed there yesterday. Big storm that travelled up the coast. It's hitting NYC now.

I'm rewatching the 2nd half now and there are a lot of empty seats. UT has already sold out for Saturday's game against UK. LSU was sold out.

Just read the storm post while typing.

I think it was the snow and ice. They aren't really used to that down there, lol. They were probably freaking out and barricaded indoors.
Floridians don't do well with snow and ice. Ohioans as well. Although some might think the latter would be used to it.

It was a damn good game. I just refuse to concede that one team gave it away for the other team to win. Duke earned the win, just like had FSU won they would have earned it. It’s that simple to me.

Oh. Well yeah that makes sense. Neither team gave it away.

Floridians don't do well with snow and ice. Ohioans as well. Although some might think the latter would be used to it.
Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

As a life long Ohio resident it is my duty to inform you that you're high.

Students aren’t back to school yet and a lot of folks got messed up with the ice.

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

As a life long Ohio resident it is my duty to inform you that you're high.
I was only there in the Columbus/Dublin area for 4 years. Those guys couldn't drive for shit in the snow and ice. At least they always have the left hand lane dominated.

I just got up to the TV Teddy turning his back and that was a complete bitch move.

Because we are the 238th youngest team in the country and don’t have the luxury of replacing two NBA draft picks with brand new five stars. We are still developing and learning how to win.

Next year we return as many as 8 of our top 9 guys this year.

What the heck does that have to do with missing free throws?

Not much. But missing FTs wasn't the only bone headed thing we did down the stretch.
True, but like our young bunch. you expect a certain amount of stupid shit, like throwing the ball away, etc. Free throws is on the individual.

Apparently. They were showing some clips of it before the game. I don't know how bad it was though.
Clips they showed of frozen fountains made it look pretty bad and I am sure that Tallahassee has tons of bad weather equipment lol

ADVERTISEMENT