ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Friends are you okay?

I’m good. I mailed it in a while back and we declined a bid to the NIT. Best move we’ve made in a while.

We're still waiting for UNC to release a statement about possibly playing in the CBI Tournament. They feel like they have a legit chance to win it and might give it a go.

Reactions: asindc
Bacot back. Feeling better already.
Uploading… 2024 Final Four.
You guys lose Love and you're back in the tourney.

Call me crazy , I would love KU to land Puff. He would be a great bench guy and hard worker. Seems like bill self kid

Reactions: AWilli6995
My dream KU roster next year

Ernest Udeh ( improved, shot block, rim runner, post moves , big leap)
Harrison Ingram ( can he be a 2021-2022 Jalen Wilson)
Spencer Jones ( 3 pt sniper)
Elmarko Jackson
Dejuan Harris (continue to improve jumper)

KJ Adams - Utility guy getting 20 MPG at the 5,4, and 3 spots
Puff Johnson - Filling in the mitch lightfoot role, hustle, do everything
Mid Major PG ( someone like a Tyson walker, who averaged 16-20 at a MM school, play the remy role)
Zuby
Chris Johnson
Jamari McDowell

Elmarko Jackson

Mid Major PG ( someone like a Tyson walker, who averaged 16-20 at a MM school, play the remy role)
Zuby
Chris Johnson
Jamari McDowell

Wait, is Gradey Dick likely leaving??

I didn't expect that

Smart move. He is making a lot of money and wasn't going to be drafted. He has been great with NIL and apparently a really smart guy money wise so is probably setting himself up nicely for after college.

Kansas is snatching Stanford's two best players? Any rumors to that? Stanford did announce that Haase would be returning, so I wouldn't expect a mass exodus.

Elmarko Jackson

Zuby
Chris Johnson
Jamari McDowell

I'd like to see Udeh grab the starting spot, but from what I'm hearing, they don't think that KJ is likely to play many minutes anywhere but the 5. Seems like strange roster construction to have three solid prospects that only play the 5, especially when the current starter is 6'7 and doesn't rebound well.

If the season started today, I wouldn't be very optimistic, but it sounds like they're planning to add around three transfers. And they should be able to basically pick who they want. Not too many recruits are going to turn down guaranteed starter minutes at KU. Need to find a couple shooters or next year has the potential to be one of the worst shooting teams KU's had in a while.

So, UNC loses Leaky Black and Pete Nance to graduation. Tyler Nickel, Puff Johnson, Dontrez Styles, and Justin McKoy enter the portal. Let's say Caleb Love leaves, as well.

What would the projected starting 5 look like? This is probably off, so let me know who I'm missing...

RJ Davis
Seth Trimble
D'Marco Dunn
Jalen Washington
Armando Bacot

Odds are they'll probably get a talented transfer that starts right away. But, I'm thinking that might be the best 5 right now, provided Love doesn't return.

Puff Johnson to Pitt would make a lot of sense. Would be surprised if Capel doesn't reach out.

So, UNC loses Leaky Black and Pete Nance to graduation. Tyler Nickel, Puff Johnson, Dontrez Styles, and Justin McKoy enter the portal. Let's say Caleb Love leaves, as well.

What would the projected starting 5 look like? This is probably off, so let me know who I'm missing...

RJ Davis
Seth Trimble
D'Marco Dunn
Jalen Washington
Armando Bacot

Odds are they'll probably get a talented transfer that starts right away. But, I'm thinking that might be the best 5 right now, provided Love doesn't return.
We're just getting started...

• Haha
Reactions: bignish
I'd like to see Udeh grab the starting spot, but from what I'm hearing, they don't think that KJ is likely to play many minutes anywhere but the 5. Seems like strange roster construction to have three solid prospects that only play the 5, especially when the current starter is 6'7 and doesn't rebound well.

If the season started today, I wouldn't be very optimistic, but it sounds like they're planning to add around three transfers. And they should be able to basically pick who they want. Not too many recruits are going to turn down guaranteed starter minutes at KU. Need to find a couple shooters or next year has the potential to be one of the worst shooting teams KU's had in a while.
What I hear from a buddy who knows the staff is they see KJ asa super 6 man next year until his handles and jumper improve. He can't play the 5 long term and the envision the 4 spot as a Svi, jackson, jalen type.

You guys lose Love and you're back in the tourney.

Call me crazy , I would love KU to land Puff. He would be a great bench guy and hard worker. Seems like bill self kid

He's injury prone but I think he be an asset with Self as his coach.

Last edited:
What I hear from a buddy who knows the staff is they see KJ asa super 6 man next year until his handles and jumper improve. He can't play the 5 long term and the envision the 4 spot as a Svi, jackson, jalen type.

He made huge strides this year and did well in his role, but yeah, he's not your ideal starting center. Hopefully he can develop into a solid 4 but he's got a ways to go.

Hubert gonna have a full deck. One more chance. Fail to make a run, and light his seat on fire. This works out perfectly, honestly. If he can't go deep with Bacot and RJ back, he should leave on his own accord.

So far the roster is

RJ Davis
Seth Trimble
Armando Bacot

and the freshmen?

RJ Davis
Seth Trimble
D'Marco Dunn
Jalen Washington
Armando Bacot

That will definitely not be the five IMO.

More like...

RJ
Transfer/possibly Dunn
Transfer
Transfer
Bacot

IDK though. I can't believe anyone stayed who isn't going to be a starter but glad they did. Washington can be really good but playing him with Bacot would be a disaster IMO. Trimble would struggle playing alongside RJ either so IDK.

Hubert is only 1 of 4 with the portal though so he needs to improve on that a ton.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT