ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Friends are you okay?

Badly need to find another Manek then I guess.

Yeah, and actually realize he should play. That didn't happen last year until Garcia left the team.

There are lots of rumors around. Love may transfer, maybe some bench players, there are guys who want to transfer in. IDK. No one knows anything.

I'm fine though. It's golf season and I have a new set of irons arriving tomorrow, just got new wedges, and am about to go back to my old three wood so this is approaching the best time of the year when this cold weather gets the heck out and it's time to play.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Yeah, and actually realize he should play. That didn't happen last year until Garcia left the team.

There are lots of rumors around. Love may transfer, maybe some bench players, there are guys who want to transfer in. IDK. No one knows anything.

I'm fine though. It's golf season and I have a new set of irons arriving tomorrow, just got new wedges, and am about to go back to my old three wood so this is approaching the best time of the year when this cold weather gets the heck out and it's time to play.
Jyst got new irons, but use my 2003 3 wood thru 7 wood.

Jyst got new irons, but use my 2003 3 wood thru 7 wood.

Yeah, I bought a new 3 wood last year and have tried to like it but my old one was my favorite club so not sure why I even got the new one, lol. So going back to it as well. If you find something you like just stick with it. Not sure why all of us who golf always want something new.

So are the team split due to a girlfriend rumors true?

Who knows but I do think a lot of them don't really get along. A few weeks ago they got together to play some video games for some party and apparently it was the first time the enter team had met together outside of practice. Seems odd.

Reactions: I am stupid
Hubert Davis is a joke. I'm done with him. He is making our program classless.

Absolutely no reason to turn down the invite, and if it's because he doesn't have enough of a team to play it, that's on him also as a coach.

You coached them sorry enough to be a NIT team, so let them play in the NIT.

Hubert Davis is a joke. I'm done with him. He is making our program classless.

Absolutely no reason to turn down the invite, and if it's because he doesn't have enough of a team to play it, that's on him also as a coach.

You coached them sorry enough to be a NIT team, so let them play in the NIT.

Lol.

You are an idiot.

Lol.

You are an idiot.
Yeah. I am an idiot. I'm the coach who couldn't take 4 runner up national champions to the NCAAs. Couldn't use his bench ever so his players were gassed at the end of games all the time. Probably is gonna lose a massive amount of players to transfers because they never got to play on a team that couldn't even make the tourney. Turned down an NIT invite which could have been used to let that bench play some and get an idea of what they are capable of for next year.

Dude sucks. It's an embarrassment to our program. "Carolina Way" is to take your ball and go home because you didn't get your way and get a ncaa invite? Just classless. The last time a team turned down the NIT that wasn't for Covid reasons was Georgia in like 2018 and LSU in 2016. Georgia's case their coach was fired before it and they didn't wanna play without their coach. LSU was the Ben Simmons hissy fit season taking his ball and going home cuz he was about the NIT. We are now on Ben Simmons levels of being classless whiners. Thanks, Hubert.

I don't care personally that they aren't playing. They don't like each other a lot and don't want to play. It's a terrible look though. Hubert said from the beginning above all else UNC would show up and compete. Every time. That clearly isn't the case.

Yeah. I am an idiot. I'm the coach who couldn't take 4 runner up national champions to the NCAAs. Couldn't use his bench ever so his players were gassed at the end of games all the time. Probably is gonna lose a massive amount of players to transfers because they never got to play on a team that couldn't even make the tourney. Turned down an NIT invite which could have been used to let that bench play some and get an idea of what they are capable of for next year.

Dude sucks. It's an embarrassment to our program. "Carolina Way" is to take your ball and go home because you didn't get your way and get a ncaa invite? Just classless. The last time a team turned down the NIT that wasn't for Covid reasons was Georgia in like 2018 and LSU in 2016. Georgia's case their coach was fired before it and they didn't wanna play without their coach. LSU was the Ben Simmons hissy fit season taking his ball and going home cuz he was about the NIT. We are now on Ben Simmons levels of being classless whiners. Thanks, Hubert.

Do you really want me posting your HB quotes here?

Leave it alone.

This feels childish, seriously. I’d understand a first four out team that got upset for not being invited to March Madnese, but I thought UNC had the awareness that they ain’t getting in a while ago and should have come to accept this reality. Seems they are still in the denial stage of grief, what a pity.

Kentucky’s last 2 NIT appearances were actually entertaining tbh.

That Robert Morris road game was nuts. That was one of the best road atmospheres i’ve ever seen. And it was only a 3k seat gym. Those fans were into it though.

Then in 2009 in Gillispies last season we played a home game in Memorial because Rupp was booked and it was one of our better home crowds in a while. Just cool to see us play in memorial as well. Then we had a road game at Creighton and THAT was a crazy atmosphere. You wouldn’t be able to tell those were NIT games by the crowds.

Just kind of interesting seeing them playing in venues they wouldn’t otherwise and how into it the other fans are.

200w.gif

Of all the major players that could return, I’d be the most surprised if he did.

Yeah, unfortunately. He'll always have his moment against Duke, and that's pretty cool in its own right. But he's also had a lot of timely misses along the way. A very enigmatic player.

Yeah, he was so up and down. Had some great moments and had his teammates back all day. He also was never scared to take the big shot and I appreciate that. I hate when players are scared. It's probably best for him to go though. Some of the fans have been awful to him and I think he is the type to take that sort of thing personally.

McKoy needed to go. He needs to take a step down. I hated Nickel leaving but it has to be expected when you never play these dudes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT