ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Fans

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
I figured Puff Johnson would get some playing time this year. Looks like he might be a glorified walk on with a scholarship at this point. Is he hurt or just awful?

I figured Puff Johnson would get some playing time this year. Looks like he might be a glorified walk on with a scholarship at this point. Is he hurt or just awful?
BoLn.gif

Reactions: dukedevilz
Next question. Why was UNC struggling to put away sub-150 opponents? Games against UNC-Wilmington/Charleston were single-digits with 2-3 minutes left in the game. I didn't really watch the games, just fast-forwarded towards the end, and slowed it down while the game was moderately close.

Next question. Why was UNC struggling to put away sub-150 opponents? Games against UNC-Wilmington/Charleston were single-digits with 2-3 minutes left in the game. I didn't really watch the games, just fast-forwarded towards the end, and slowed it down while the game was moderately close.
Love and Davis being 4-20 from three combined probably has a lot to do with it.

They are giving up a ton of offensive rebounds too (31 in 2 games) which is odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
Not rebounding at all. Bacot and Nance both need to step up in that area. Don’t know what it is but every time UNC plays C of C and Wofford they bring the best out of them. Gardner Webb is up tomorrow so hopefully we’ll get to see better results on the glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne

They didn't play well. That's for sure. The rebounding was absolutely terrible and the perimeter shooting pretty poor as well. What was more troubling to me was the lack of team basketball. Everything was iso on offense. They have 18 assists on 57 makes. That is pretty poor.

The question with this team was always going to be whether or not they really figured something out last year or it was just a hot streak with dudes (including Manek) making tons of shots. Just not sure yet which it is. My hope is that Nance is taking some time to fit in and once they figure that out they will take off. The bench still isn't playing much and the defense is still pretty bad at times though.

They looked much better in the second half against Charleston. Won 59-36 I think, which would have been a fine first half if things were reversed. It will be interesting to see how they look Sunday. JMU is a pretty solid team.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
They have not played well for the first 3 halfs. I believe Wilmington and CofC will both hover in the top 100 by the end of this season. These are both good W' s, but the product is definitely a work in progress.
I expect 2 huge blowouts this week, then it will get tough.
Portland ( 5 returning starters from a solid team) then either Iowa St/ Nova.
Followed by possibly Mich St or UCONN.
Then at IU and at Va Tech.
Could see as many as 4 ranked teams in 8 days, all away from home.

I don't think they will blow out James Madison. They are probably better than any team UNC has played so far. Gardner Webb is below average though.

They have not played well for the first 3 halfs. I believe Wilmington and CofC will both hover in the top 100 by the end of this season. These are both good W' s, but the product is definitely a work in progress.
I expect 2 huge blowouts this week, then it will get tough.
Portland ( 5 returning starters from a solid team) then either Iowa St/ Nova.
Followed by possibly Mich St or UCONN.
Then at IU and at Va Tech.
Could see as many as 4 ranked teams in 8 days, all away from home
Is Gardner Webb going to hover in the top 100 too?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No, they suck, just like UNC. To be fair though, after last year you really don't have to right to talk shit about UNC anymore.

Reactions: 829305
Nah. You have the right to always have last year to throw in our faces. I have the right to talk shit about unc this year.
Heard it all from you last year. Didn’t turn out so well for you guys though.

But yeah, this team looks bad right now.

You didn't hear anything from me last year. And to be fair, I was only responding to the newbie who tried to downplay their sloppy start by claiming the competition was better than it was. It's early.

ADVERTISEMENT