ADVERTISEMENT

UNC @ Duke

I thought so until I watched some of the Washington game. Walton told me they were and BW is my guy so I'm going with the Huskies.

Probably true. Washington won on the road this week against Arizona State and Arizona. 53rd in KenPom. Really impressive for a last-place team.

Guess I was mostly going for the back-handed compliment angle - because it's fun pointing out that UNC finished the ACC in last place.

Yeah, I thought you were more making fun of UNC fans, which is fine. We suck and have to take it. I was just trying to play along.

Garrison Brooks is 1st team All ACC good. He won't get it but consider me surprised by how well he has played this year.

He should probably be POTY tbh. In conference play he led the league in scoring, is 2nd in rebounding, and 2nd in FG%. That is with no one that can make an elementary school level post entry. You can't be POTY when your team sucks this bad though. If he isn't first team it would be embarrassing though.

Reactions: jhmossy
He should probably be POTY tbh. In conference play he led the league in scoring, is 2nd in rebounding, and 2nd in FG%. That is with no one that can make an elementary school level post entry. You can't be POTY when your team sucks this bad though. If he isn't first team it would be embarrassing though.

Erick Green won it for VT one year and they were pretty bad that year. I don’t think they were dead last though.

Erick Green won it for VT one year and they were pretty bad that year. I don’t think they were dead last though.

Yeah, I was trying to remember who it was that won it on a really bad team. It was Green. He was a lot flashier than Brooks. Brooks just kind of goes to work and puts up really great numbers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should definitely be POTY or is even the best player in the conference. He isn't. He should certainly be first team All ACC though.

Reactions: jhmossy
Hey look, Duke didn't lose so the guy with the UNC name actually shows up. You didn't have to almost go out of town after this game at least.

Also, IMO UNC has lost two games ever because of officiating. Two. That is probably less than they've won. Not as many as you guys have won but UNC has won their share with some good whistles for sure. All teams have. It happens.
Sorry for not posting on your time table. I will try to do better. Enjoy next week. It will be your last game or games this year.

25 points a game is nice, but they were DFL. Should have gone to Shane Larkin or Mason Plumlee, IMO.

acc-2013.png

UNC looks like its going to have a mediocre decade, it will take years to turn this ship around and I doubt Roy Williams still has what it takes to make this happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT