ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at UVA on Saturday

Hey @jhmossy , remember when you told me advanced metrics must be inaccurate because theres no way Virginia is a top 10 team? That somehow your eye test was more accurate than unbiased, unemotional metrics.

Well, your UVA boys have held UNC to less than a point per possession as theyve barely cracked 40 points 30 minutes into the game. And they are now looking at 14-1 dead in the eye.

Hey @jhmossy , remember when you told me advanced metrics must be inaccurate because theres no way Virginia is a top 10 team? That somehow your eye test was more accurate than unbiased, unemotional metrics.

Well, your UVA boys have held UNC to less than a point per possession as theyve barely cracked 40 points 30 minutes into the game. And they are now looking at 14-1 dead in the eye.
UNC outside of Berry is very average. UVA is playing well right now, still not sure they're top 10 but their defense is impressive.

UNC has too many spots on the floor that just can't perform against better teams. Freshman bigs are just not ready yet. Felton and Platek are automatic quick runs for the opponent when they come in. Regardless of that, if Maye and Theo wouldn't be terrible UNC would be in the game. They've been terrible though. Some of that is UVA obviously.

How did West Virginia beat this team?
We were at home and shot slightly better than them from 2, 3 and the free throw line. More rebounds, less turnovers as well. That being said, we hit some really tough shots at big moments. Think it was an even game and home court tipped it in our favor, good crowd that night.

We were at home and shot slightly better than them from 2, 3 and the free throw line. More rebounds, less turnovers as well. That being said, we hit some really tough shots at big moments. Think it was an even game and home court tipped it in our favor, good crowd that night.
That was as intense as any tournament game the last 10 minutes.

Reactions: ChiTownSean

and Jevon Carter was the best player on the court by far. Dude is a stud.

Lol, dude pulls a Grayson on Theo with no call. At least we could have maybe gotten it to within 10.

I thought UVA played a great game, and would beat us 8 out of 10 times at John Paul Jones arena. Some of UNC’s troubles were self inflicted, but UVA also played tremendously on the defensive side of the floor; especially their bigs.

One thing I have noticed is how unusually weak UNC’s bench is after Johnson. Part of that comes from having 10 underclassmen; our youth is disguised by the experience of our starting line up so it is easy to forget how young the team is, but it shows up against strong competition like Virginia. Roy will have to figure out a way to get more from his young bench, or UNC will probably not go to far in March. The nice thing is with last year’s natty and the youth of this team, I feel like we are playing with house money.

Last edited:
Impressive showing by UVA! Absolutely shut down UNC and dominated that game with defense.

UVA is a really good team. The way they play defense is great to watch.

Holy shit. UNC sucks.

Maybe. Maybe not. Last year's National Championship team looked just as bad at UVA. Most UNC teams look terrible at UVA. This game means little in that respect. There are flaws on this team but as long as they beat the teams they should from here on out Roy will probably have them playing well going into March like he usually does.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Good game Heels. Berry is a beast but we made Maye look like a walk-on. There were some nasty dunks in this game too. This was my favorite :)

I came out of my chair when that happened live, thought for sure he was going to get rejected by the rim but he pulled it off.

Reactions: jhmossy
UNC outside of Berry is very average. UVA is playing well right now, still not sure they're top 10 but their defense is impressive.

Correct.

And UVA is a top 10 (maybe a top 5) team in Charlottesville.

Good game Heels. Berry is a beast but we made Maye look like a walk-on. There were some nasty dunks in this game too. This was my favorite :)

Luke Maye is a solid backup for a caliber school like UNC, but he is too short and slow with a lack of athleticism to be a major player in the ACC. He is trying g to overly compensate for that lack of athleticism know a lot of his shots which is making him miss point blank layups repeatedly. I was concerned at the beginning of the season that he was just feasting on lesser opponents. Those fears seem to have come to fruition unfortunately. I would love to see Kenny Williams but forward a total game from 3. He has been nasty early in games then tapers off.

and admired your Afro American Studies degree which you received without doing much work.

...while figuring out the work schedule for the UK grads who clean the toilets and mow the grass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT