ADVERTISEMENT

Unc arrogance on walker kessler backfired…

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Last night. Talked all this shit about how they didn’t need kessler. Multiple bumps over an old walker kessler thread. Yet bacot couldn’t hold up physically and Kansas started pounding it inside. Yeah you are right Tarheel fans. The Naismith national defensive player of the year would not have helped you at all. Good call

It would have been nice to have Kessler backing up Bacot for 10 minutes or so a game but that is kind of the point. He wasn't willing to do that (and no one blames him).

Bacot was better than Kessler this year though and better for UNC so your point makes zero sense. I don't think you understand this at all.

It would have been nice to have Kessler backing up Bacot for 10 minutes or so a game but that is kind of the point. He wasn't willing to do that (and no one blames him).

Bacot was better than Kessler this year though and better for UNC so your point makes zero sense. I don't think you understand this at all.
But he wasn’t better then him. Your just to dumb To understand the importance of defense.

We aren't in the ncaa championship if Kessler or Dawson Garcia stays.
You certainly didn’t win it without him either. Kessler is better defensively then every player on your team and it isn’t close

Kessler was better on defense but there really isn't a good argument to be made that he was better than Bacot. You could argue he was better for Auburn but you aren't reasonable enough to do that. That could save you some face though.

Bacot tied the NCAA record for double doubles in a season and you aren't able to recognize how good he was this year.

Reactions: KisteK and rdgtr
You certainly didn’t win it without him either. Kessler is better defensively then every player on your team and it isn’t close

But being in it and not winning it is better than not even getting there. Trust me as someone who is a fan of a program who has actually experienced this.

Speaking of arrogant backfires, should we talk about how much Kansas sucked this year and how Auburn was guaranteed to go further?

Or how Auburn will go to another final four before KU or UNC? 🤣

But being in it and not winning it is better than not even getting there. Trust me as someone who is a fan of a program who has actually experienced this.
2nd place is no different than last place and unc needed Kessler last night to end up in first

Speaking of arrogant backfires, should we talk about how much Kansas sucked this year and how Auburn was guaranteed to go further?

Or how Auburn will go to another final four before KU or UNC? 🤣
Kansas got hot. Auburn did not. Congrats

Kessler was better on defense but there really isn't a good argument to be made that he was better than Bacot. You could argue he was better for Auburn but you aren't reasonable enough to do that. That could save you some face though.

Bacot tied the NCAA record for double doubles in a season and you aren't able to recognize how good he was this year.
Kessler had two triple doubles with blocks in the same season. Kessler stats hasn’t been duplicated in decades and you aren’t able to recognize how good he was this year. There is reason why the nba likes one far better than the other

2nd place is no different than last place and unc needed Kessler last night to end up in first

But they would not have been there with Kessler and not Bacot. They needed Kessler to back up Bacot last night. That was not a reasonable ask from Walker though. Keep up.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
But they would not have been there with Kessler and not Bacot. They needed Kessler to back up Bacot last night. That was not a reasonable ask from Walker though. Keep up.
You put Kessler at the 5 and bacot at the 4. Brady can play the 3. Rotate your guards. That team is unbeatable. Sorry you don’t know basketball

Kessler had two triple doubles with blocks in the same season. Kessler stats hasn’t been duplicated in decades and you aren’t able to recognize how good he was this year. There is reason why the nba likes one far better than the other

This is just a lie though. I have acknowledge that Kessler was good. He was very good. He just wasn't as good as Bacot.

When you talk about the NBA that basically just admits you have lost the relevant aspects of this discussion.

Reactions: KisteK
This has to be just trolling at this point. There isn't a coach in basketball that seriously run that out there for a legit lineup.

Bro your team is shit, they got blown out in the 2nd round by a 10th seed. I wouldnt be laughing at UNC and their fans if I were an Auburn fan, it surely will backfire.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Last night. Talked all this shit about how they didn’t need kessler. Multiple bumps over an old walker kessler thread. Yet bacot couldn’t hold up physically and Kansas started pounding it inside. Yeah you are right Tarheel fans. The Naismith national defensive player of the year would not have helped you at all. Good call

You said you weren't going to watch. Oh BTW Hubert > Pearl

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Kessler at the 5 and bacot at the 4 clogs the lane and doesn't allow driving opportunities for the perimeter. It is good for chucking 3s and getting offensive rebound put backs, but wasn't the offense we played this year to good results.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Very hard to trash talk Bacot. The kid knocked it out of the park this year. The way that UNC relied so heavily on their starters... not sure there would have been room for both of them.

Reactions: KisteK
Kessler at the 5 and bacot at the 4 clogs the lane and doesn't allow driving opportunities for the perimeter. It is good for chucking 3s and getting offensive rebound put backs, but wasn't the offense we played this year to good results.
You aren’t scoring on unc inside with bacot and Kessler both down there. Roy basically employed this strategy with Tyler zeller and John Henson at the same time and bacot and Kessler are both much better then those two

You aren’t scoring on unc inside with bacot and Kessler both down there. Roy basically employed this strategy with Tyler zeller and John Henson at the same time and bacot and Kessler are both much better then those two
Really. Zeller was a lottery pick as was Henson. They both pretty much sucked in the NBA but I dont see Bacot on anyones lottery or even first round picks board. Kessler, out of the lottery as well.

You really do know zip about college basketball do you.

Really. Zeller was a lottery pick as was Henson. They both pretty much sucked in the NBA but I dont see Bacot or Kessler on anyones lottery or even first round picks board.

You really do know zip about college basketball do you.
Kessler is going to be drafted right around same spot as those two. Henson went 14. Zeller went 17. Kessler is projected right in that grouping. Kessler always was the national defensive player of the year. Tyler zeller was just overrated. He was made to look a lot better when he got to play alongside Henson and hansborough

Kessler is going to be drafted right around same spot as those two. Henson went 14. Zeller went 17. Kessler is projected right in that grouping. Kessler always was the national defensive player of the year. Tyler zeller was just overrated. He was made to look a lot better when he got to play alongside Henson and hansborough
And Bacot.

Uh, stretch 4 and small ball lineups drag them from the lane or get open 3s.

we lose by 10 if they had Kessler.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
I think I speak for all of us when I say
eat-wiener-eat-a-dick.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT