ADVERTISEMENT

UL vs. UK Predictions

UL has the length to contend in the post. They have some guys who can give UK's guards fits off the dribble. IF UL shoots the three like they did vs IU, they very well could sneak out of Rupp with a win.

But I look for UK to be ready. It's at Rupp. I mean Cal is like 25,000-2 there. IMO this game is a toss-up. Kentucky will have to play well to win. It won't be a game where their "C" game will get it done. Louisville is better than what most feel. They are athletic, long, have some slashers, and some decent shooters. Spaulding could be a huge factor. To me he's the "X" factor for UL.

Cats need a good/solid game from Green and Alexander. If those two struggle, UK could be in trouble. Knox is gonna need some help, or otherwise he may neeed a 20/10 type of game for UK to win.

Betting against the grain is foolish. UK is very, very good at home. Though it would not surprise me if UL won, it also wouldn't shock me if UK came playing like thier hair is on fire, and totally dismantles UL. So I'll meet in the middle.

Ugly game, with a ton of fouls and turnovers. A type of game that in years past, would certainly benefit UL; If Pitino were coaching this team, I'd honestly lean toward UL. But in the end, I think the atmosphere of Rupp is the deciding factor.

UK 64-59

UL has the length to contend in the post. They have some guys who can give UK's guards fits off the dribble. IF UL shoots the three like they did vs IU, they very well could sneak out of Rupp with a win.

But I look for UK to be ready. It's at Rupp. I mean Cal is like 25,000-2 there. IMO this game is a toss-up. Kentucky will have to play well to win. It won't be a game where their "C" game will get it done. Louisville is better than what most feel. They are athletic, long, have some slashers, and some decent shooters. Spaulding could be a huge factor. To me he's the "X" factor for UL.

Cats need a good/solid game from Green and Alexander. If those two struggle, UK could be in trouble. Knox is gonna need some help, or otherwise he may neeed a 20/10 type of game for UK to win.

Betting against the grain is foolish. UK is very, very good at home. Though it would not surprise me if UL won, it also wouldn't shock me if UK came playing like thier hair is on fire, and totally dismantles UL. So I'll meet in the middle.

Ugly game, with a ton of fouls and turnovers. A type of game that in years past, would certainly benefit UL; If Pitino were coaching this team, I'd honestly lean toward UL. But in the end, I think the atmosphere of Rupp is the deciding factor.

UK 64-59
UL's front court is terrible. If a miracle happens and they shoot 55% from 3 they have a chance. That's about it.

UK by 4 in a low scoring game.

UK 73
L'Ville 66

Game is closer and uglier than final score indicates. Cats make enough of the plays they need to win.

UL's front court is terrible. If a miracle happens and they shoot 55% from 3 they have a chance. That's about it.
I wouldn't call then terrible. I think they are efficient. Plus I never said they were great or world beaters. I just said they had the length----and they do; Spalding is 6'11". He's not bad. Averaging 10/8. Mahmoud is 7'0" and is pretty versatile. Not elite by no means. But efficient enough to make you respect him. He's averaging 8/7. Malik Williams is 6'10". Just a frosh, but has good skills for a kid his size. His numbers are not great. But he's a good athlete, who has shown he can hit hit the three ball, somewhat.

No UL's front court isn't somescary, monster. But by committee they are pretty decent.

Like I said, UL will have the length to contend with UK. Length is length. Rather you are elite, good, average----length is still length.

UL has some decent shooters. Nothing great, but again, efficient enough to keep you honest. Not to mention King is shooting 43% from three. Then they have two knockdown shooters in Nwora(45%/10-22). McMahon. He hasn't shot well. But he's a dude that can get hot. IMO, he's the kinda of guy who can be that "X" factor. In other words, capable of hitting 4, 5 or 6 three's if he gets rolling.

I know you guys hate UL. But the fact is, they're not as bad as you want to believe. They have some guys who can score the ball. A guy in Adell who can beat anyone off the bounce. PLus a senior PG in Snider who's played in these type of games. That can be huge.

I expect a UK win. But I expect a battle.

I wouldn't call then terrible. I think they are efficient. Plus I never said they were great or world beaters. I just said they had the length----and they do; Spalding is 6'11". He's not bad. Averaging 10/8. Mahmoud is 7'0" and is pretty versatile. Not elite by no means. But efficient enough to make you respect him. He's averaging 8/7. Malik Williams is 6'10". Just a frosh, but has good skills for a kid his size. His numbers are not great. But he's a good athlete, who has shown he can hit hit the three ball, somewhat.

No UL's front court isn't somescary, monster. But by committee they are pretty decent.

Like I said, UL will have the length to contend with UK. Length is length. Rather you are elite, good, average----length is still length.

UL has some decent shooters. Nothing great, but again, efficient enough to keep you honest. Not to mention King is shooting 43% from three. Then they have two knockdown shooters in Nwora(45%/10-22). McMahon. He hasn't shot well. But he's a dude that can get hot. IMO, he's the kinda of guy who can be that "X" factor. In other words, capable of hitting 4, 5 or 6 three's if he gets rolling.

I know you guys hate UL. But the fact is, they're not as bad as you want to believe. They have some guys who can score the ball. A guy in Adell who can beat anyone off the bounce. PLus a senior PG in Snider who's played in these type of games. That can be huge.

I expect a UK win. But I expect a battle.
Also have Sutton and Lance Thomas off the bench, with Perry as a backcourt guard. Idk why UK fans are belittling our front court, when their front court isn’t anything to write home about. Expect a lot of blocked shots from Mahmoud and Spaulding. Together both are averaging about 7/per game. We just need to grab offensive boards and shoot above 45%, and we could win. We haven’t really been bad about turnovers, at least in the stat sheet, however stupid impulsive last minute turnovers tend to be a thorn in our side.

Reactions: HRTheCard

So if we shoot 5 for 9 behind the 3pt line that means it's a miracle?

4 out of the last 5, UofL has hit 9+ 3pters. Slightly lower %, but higher made 3's. That's what I'd say too if I had no knowledge of the other team and like to blame close games, losses, etc on "miracles," refs, etc.

What the real miracle is, Uk shooting 11-22 vs VT. You think about that at all or are you just hiding behind your blue-tinted glasses? 22% attempted 3's on the season and just over 30% for the season yet shoot 11-22 in 1 game. What happened yesterday? Oh, reality.

My guess is you never saw it that way though.

Also have Sutton and Lance Thomas off the bench, with Perry as a backcourt guard. Idk why UK fans are belittling our front court, when their front court isn’t anything to write home about. Expect a lot of blocked shots from Mahmoud and Spaulding. Together both are averaging about 7/per game. We just need to grab offensive boards and shoot above 45%, and we could win. We haven’t really been bad about turnovers, at least in the stat sheet, however stupid impulsive last minute turnovers tend to be a thorn in our side.

Well our average fg % on the season is 45.7% but if we shoot that on friday, it will obviously be a miracle.

UL wins in Rupp. Zero faith in this soft ass team. Especially as long as PJ Suckington continues to eat mins that should go to someone else.

Reactions: Otherteamsupp
Now that ul has upgraded to a coach who isn't afraid of Cal, I can see them pulling off the major upset and sneaking out of Rupp with a W. I lost enough yesterday that I'm not touching this one.

Worst thing that happened to UL's chances is UK's loss on Saturday. If UK had won that game I would give UL a better chance in this one.
UK's players should be embarrassed with their effort and execution and will certainly be wide awake come Friday.
77-73 UK. Shouldn't be that close, but these kids are impossible to predict, their effort level is very erratic.

Worst thing that happened to UL's chances is UK's loss on Saturday. If UK had won that game I would give UL a better chance in this one.
UK's players should be embarrassed with their effort and execution and will certainly be wide awake come Friday.
77-73 UK. Shouldn't be that close, but these kids are impossible to predict, their effort level is very erratic.

Im sure you said the same for the past 7 years that it “shouldnt be that close”

What a clown

My only prediction, UofL fans expect to get cheated by the refs at Rupp lol.

IDK, this is a pickem game. UofL is underachieving and we're on training wheels. It'll be a fun game. Lots of TO's and stupid plays....but entertaining as most always....

I think that you’re saying that it’s only up to Kentucky who wins? If both teams play their A games, Louisville has a pretty good shot at a W.

My only prediction, UofL fans expect to get cheated by the refs at Rupp lol.

IDK, this is a pickem game. UofL is underachieving and we're on training wheels. It'll be a fun game. Lots of TO's and stupid plays....but entertaining as most always....
UL is 10-2. How exactly are they underachieving?

I think that you’re saying that it’s only up to Kentucky who wins? If both teams play their A games, Louisville has a pretty good shot at a W.
Oh I agree with what you're saying and no, it's not just up to UK. But it is at Rupp and at this point in the season this UK team is totally different at home. They don't do so well away from home as we saw on Saturday.

Reactions: rockycard
Im sure you said the same for the past 7 years that it “shouldnt be that close”

What a clown
I'm a clown because I think the final score should be more than a 4 point difference? That's pretty stupid. It SHOULD be more than a 4 point victory. If it was on a neutral court it would be a tossup.
I don't understand how that makes me a clown, but you keep on with being an asshat.

UL is 10-2. How exactly are they underachieving?

They should be a better team than they are. They have talent and experience. But they haven't played as such.

It has nothing to do with their record. It's the eye test. I've seen them play a few times. They haven't looked any better than UK...

They should be a better team than they are. They have talent and experience. But they haven't played as such.

It has nothing to do with their record. It's the eye test. I've seen them play a few times. They haven't looked any better than UK...
Both teams can play up to their potential, which in my opinion is top 10-20 ranking. UK has a high ceiling, but we do too. We haven’t yet touched our potential. Hopefully Rupp doesn’t shake us, we did go into Mackey against a top 25 Purdue team and almost get the dubya. Turnovers will be a crucial factor in this game imo. Whoever can capitalize will win.

I agree. Lot of that has to do with, well, not having Pitino. For what they have endured, I think 10-2 is solid. I mean they easily could've won @ Purdue; a 66-57 loss that was pretty tight throughout. Then lost to Seton Hall by 2. They haven't looked like a typical UL team. But then again, they're not in their typical situation.

I don't know how to call this game.Kentucky is a hot mess right now and will get better later.UofL has a lot of experience that has not found the right chemistry but will.Kentucky 75 Louisville 71???

Both teams can play up to their potential, which in my opinion is top 10-20 ranking. UK has a high ceiling, but we do too. We haven’t yet touched our potential. Hopefully Rupp doesn’t shake us, we did go into Mackey against a top 25 Purdue team and almost get the dubya. Turnovers will be a crucial factor in this game imo. Whoever can capitalize will win.

I agree.. Turnovers are the key to the game...

UK isn’t good this year, I think that Louisville with their experience comes into Rupp not intimidated by the atmosphere and plays a great game. Snider normally plays well against UK and our defense is practically non existent along the perimeter. Louisville seems pretty good on defense and this UK team is turnover prone.

Louisville 76
UK 68

In all honesty I’m just hoping this team can pull off some upsets in the SEC and make the tournament. I think they’ll get in the 4-8 seed range, but too many more loses like last Saturday then we could be staring the NIT in the face.

ADVERTISEMENT