ADVERTISEMENT

UL fans, a moment of your time

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Is the pronunciation Louis-ville or Louie-ville? TIA

Just call them little bro! Much easier and what they are known by.

Last edited:
Never heard of him.
Dang!!! Denny Crum, he was real good 675-295. His nicknames were Mr March and Cool hand Luke. 6x final fours and 2 Titles!

No wonder you can't remember him, blunt force trauma can do that to you. 😛

Reactions: rockycard
Dang!!! Denny Crum, he was real good 675-295. His nicknames were Mr March and Cool hand Luke. 6x final fours and 2 Titles!

No wonder you can't remember him, blunt force trauma can do that to you. 😛
elon-musk-smoking.gif

The only thing you know of teeth is that you got a good deal on a comb that was missing the center set and you're so dumb you take an hour to cook minute rice.
How do you know the toothbrush was invented by Tennessee fan? Because if it was invented by anyone else it would be called a teeth brush.

How do you know the toothbrush was invented by Tennessee fan? Because if it was invented by anyone else it would be called a teeth brush.
You must be an old man to be digging that kinda old stuff. 🤣

Maybe, the bald spot moniker fits.

It's pronounced Lou-uh-vul here.

In Mississippi and Colorado theirs are pronounced Lewis-ville.

We also say Versailles,KY Vur-sales and Athens, KY is Ay-thuns.

Absolutely no one in KY says Loey-ville. Easy way to know you're not from the Bluegrass.

That's like going to Louisiana and saying N'awlins all the damn time.

Reactions: UL_1986
I say Lul-vul. I usually don't have that bad of an accent, most of the people I talk to are suprised I'm from Kentucky. But some words I do go full redneck with, Louisville is one of them.
Yea thats how i say it too i usually leave out the “uh”, but i live in redneck western kentucky not the city.

when my sister was in college she had a tee shirt with the 50 diff pronunciations of louisville, or at least the diff ways ppl say it.

i guess i saye it more lule-vul not lull-vule. Lule ryming with yule like christmas.
I dont think theres a wrong answer, except of xourse Louey-ville

Yea thats how i say it too i usually leave out the “uh”, but i live in redneck western kentucky not the city.

when my sister was in college she had a tee shirt with the 50 diff pronunciations of louisville, or at least the diff ways ppl say it.

i guess i saye it more lule-vul not lull-vule. Lule ryming with yule like christmas.
I dont think theres a wrong answer, except of xourse Louey-ville
My point of reference was the Mud dogs player reference to Louisville when discussing Bobby Boucher.

Why do you post a question to a question? It's not like I was insulting Louisville or anything.
I was just curious what you thought. When I'm near there I hear Knox-vul. No need to be defensive. Your question has already been answered.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT