ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Richmond

My observations: Sarr, Clarke and Boston need to step tf up and make better decisions. Also, figure out the point, bc they look lost on offense. Defense looks pretty decent tho in flashes.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I don't know why Cal hasn't played Mintz more this game. He is a much, much better defender if nothing else.

Seems like when Cal decides PT and the rotation he’s more likely to play the freshman over the upperclassmen if the skill and contributions are even remotely close. That’s why UK has losses like these early but usually better by the end of the year for it.

Still think our game against the cats will be tough w all our guys out. We need Sam back healthy, Charles Minlend. If we had Malik, I think it’d be a close one.

My observations: Sarr, Clarke and Boston need to step tf up and make better decisions. Also, figure out the point, bc they look lost on offense. Defense looks pretty decent tho in flashes.
Their offense always looks lost at the beginning of the season. They need to get that perimeter defense fixed more than anything, imo.

Reactions: UL_1986

UK has great length but this is probably the thinnest UK team I’ve ever seen under Cal. Freshman are almost always thin but Cal seemed to always bring in freshman who were more built to handle college basketball at freshmen. Not so with this UK team physically.

Also way too much 1-on-1 from UK. Not enough team basketball and not enough making the tough shots that result from little ball movement.

Reactions: UL_1986
Seems like when Cal decides PT and the rotation he’s more likely to play the freshman over the upperclassmen if the skill and contributions are even remotely close. That’s why UK has losses like these early but usually better by the end of the year for it.
Oh I have no doubt he was using it as a coaching moment for Askew. Leave him out there to get abused to he knows what to expect. This ain't high school or AAU anymore, kid!

Their offense always looks lost at the beginning of the season. They need to get that perimeter defense fixed more than anything, imo.
Overcrowding the post too, and when one of their guards kicks it out, no one is to be found on d. That needs to be addressed.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
UK has great length but this is probably the thinnest UK team I’ve ever seen under Cal. Freshman are almost always thin but Cal seemed to always bring in freshman who were more built to handle college basketball at freshmen. Not so with this UK team physically.

Also way too much 1-on-1 from UK. Not enough team basketball and not enough making the tough shots that result from little ball movement.
They aren't physical at all, bunch of Sallies.

Even Sarr looks kinda lanky and thin. Which I thought he bulked up more. Idk.

I know its early--and this is the norm(at UK), but even then---one of the worst performances I have seen. Especially defensively. Offensively they looked totally lost. But defensively, they were bad. Really bad. No energy.

Brooks being out hurts. But honestly, what does he fix? Maybe leadership? IDK. I mean this team could be like every team---look nasty bad in Nov/Dec...then in MArch, well, ya'll know. But IDK fella's...This team seems different.

It is going to be a great year for the UK haters. Borden is already unloading.
You’re gay and old. Oh and you know, that other thing that everyone knows about. That thing you made public and vehemently deny. 🤣 Back to your crawl space, Donald Sterling. 🥸

Reactions: AWilli6995
Huh? I haven't said anything different than most UK fans have said. MOF, ALL UK fans have said. I didn't exactly invent the wheel with my comments.

Problem is---some of you are to sensitive to accept criticism of your team.

Right now, your dudes suck fukin ass...

Borden is bipolar when it comes to Kentucky, he just likes to argue. 😀
They are just to easy, man....Waaaaaay to easy. Basketball is religion in that state. College that is. No pro-teams to turn to when shit is bad. Just UK. A lot of them cannot handle a little criticism---but ,man can those same whiny ass ****ers dish it out...

• Haha
Reactions: rockycard
FJSR3yo5Tycvh9SkdtPh7s5c7Xo=.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT