ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Ole Miss.

Nope, you are right though, he went flying. It was actually pretty funny. I know I wouldn't have been able to hold back either if I were in Gabriel's shoes.

I'll give the kid credit for the dunk. Let's face it, he put Gabriel on a billboard poster but yeah, it takes stupidity to taunt another player who is at least 7 inches taller. You're asking for an ass beating at that point.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Teams that jack 30 3-pointers and just as many mid-range jumpers don't typically shoot free throws. You see, when teams do that they drastically decrease their opportunities to draw shooting fouls (and fouls in general). I wouldn't expect you to grasp that though. Additionally, bigger and longer teams (UK) tend to pound the ball down low where fouls most often occur and typically during the act of shooting... meaning they are shooting 2 regardless of being in the bonus or double bonus. That is where the biggest FT disparity occurs, getting 2 FT attempts before the defense has even committed 7-10+ fouls yet. There was a whopping foul disparity of 5 (22-17). Who would have guessed that when a jump shooting team faces a team that plays in the paint? Try to keep up.
Can we get you in the wvu thread?

Reactions: RipThru
I remember you posting during a game earlier this year and you were going outside to toss with your kid or something at like 11 o'clock.
No idea what you’re talking about. Not many games are on at 11:00 at night & tonight he had practice from 6:00-8:00. It’s central time where we live.

He’s in the 7th grade but made his high school team. He works hard at it & LOVES the game.
Well that is good to hear. I was the same way about sports at his age. Is the HS team looking promising for the next 5-6 years? I don't follow Kentucky HS baseball like I do basketball and football so I have no idea who is any good.

Well that is good to hear. I was the same way about sports at his age. Is the HS team looking promising for the next 5-6 years? I don't follow Kentucky HS baseball like I do basketball and football so I have no idea who is any good.
They’ll be good in a few years. The group a year ahead of him is really talented

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

There’s a difference between watching and playing, Kevin. :D

There’s a difference between watching and playing, Kevin. :D
1389122600_miami_dolphins_holder_football_to_the_face.gif

Reactions: HRTheCard
RollLaugh at you for typing all that to defend a game I didn’t even watch. It was on the radio where my son was having baseball practice. Amazing what UK fans will do when UK shoots a ridiculous amount of FTs compared to their opponent.
You continue to prove that you don't know your ass from first base about basketball. You hate UK. Get over it.

You continue to prove that you don't know your ass from first base about basketball. You hate UK. Get over it.
I know 35-15 free throw advantage is some serious home cooking.
I will give you credit, you FINALLY got something correct. I hate UK, congrats on your big accomplishment.

I will give you credit, you FINALLY got something correct. I hate UK, congrats on your big accomplishment.

Generally there is a big free throw disadvantage when you get 17 technical fouls and foul 3 point shooters. Refs last night were incompetent in general, to be expected for Karl Hess and Pat Adams.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
All joking aside, UK has a really good baseball program. Coach Mingione has really turned their program around.
Coach Fanning has contacted us about him coming to UKs camp this summer.
They have definitely been better in the last few years than I can remember them ever being growing up. I've actually taken a small interest in college baseball now that UK is competing with the best every once in a while.

All joking aside, UK has a really good baseball program. Coach Mingione has really turned their program around.
Hell yea man that's awesome, I bet it would be a great experience for him. Hope he shows out.

Unfortunately UK will probably be losing Mingione to Mississippi State once the season ends.

They have definitely been better in the last few years than I can remember them ever being growing up. I've actually taken a small interest in college baseball now that UK is competing with the best every once in a while.
Bandwagon

Reactions: JimboBBN
Dear basketball ignorant guy:

When a team takes nearly half of its shots from beyond the three point line, especially when they can't hit shit, then why would UK go out and foul them? Of the 74 shots that Ole Miss took 30 were three pointers. Kentucky was driving into the paint. Kentucky also out rebounded Ole Miss. You are making a horrible argument.

Additionally, if you would have watched the game before you ignorantly commented on it, you would have noticed that Ole Miss came out swinging. The plan was to rough up the freshmen. Additionally Ole Miss only had 5 more fouls called against them than Kentucky. It was where the fouls occurred that matters.

Welcome to the basketball world. Learn to understand the game before you make an ass of yourself. Mark it down to watch a game before you made stupid comments on something that you have never seen. That is where the hate causes you to look ignorant.

Dear basketball ignorant guy:

When a team takes nearly half of its shots from beyond the three point line, especially when they can't hit shit, then why would UK go out and foul them? Of the 74 shots that Ole Miss took 30 were three pointers. Kentucky was driving into the paint. Kentucky also out rebounded Ole Miss. You are making a horrible argument.

Additionally, if you would have watched the game before you ignorantly commented on it, you would have noticed that Ole Miss came out swinging. The plan was to rough up the freshmen. Additionally Ole Miss only had 5 more fouls called against them than Kentucky. It was where the fouls occurred that matters.

Welcome to the basketball world. Learn to understand the game before you make an ass of yourself. Mark it down to watch a game before you made stupid comments on something that you have never seen. That is where the hate causes you to look ignorant.
U mad? Sorry I got your blood pressure up.

Hopefully not, it would be hard to leave the new stadium UK built. I haven’t seen it personally but I hear it’s amazing.
It isn't finished yet, will be done later this year and they start playing in it next season. Problem is, MSU is currently doing a $55 million renovation to their stadium too, scheduled to open around the same time. Sooooo, that will be like the Taj Mahal of college baseball stadiums.

Every UK game thread is at least 3 pages long and ends up with posters complaining about the refs.

Have ya"ll ever been satisfied with the refs in any game? ;)

It isn't finished yet, will be done later this year and they start playing in it next season. Problem is, MSU is currently doing a $55 million renovation to their stadium too, scheduled to open around the same time. Sooooo, that will be like the Taj Mahal of college baseball stadiums.
Ya I knew it wasn’t finished yet. Really hope he stays at UK. He’s building a nice program at UK.
I know he was an assistant at MSU for years but hopefully he stays to finish what he’s started.

Ya I knew it wasn’t finished yet. Really hope he stays at UK. He’s building a nice program at UK.
I know he was an assistant at MSU for years but hopefully he stays to finish what he’s started.
I hope so too, but MSU has all the cards on the table. John Cohen is the guy who really turned things around for UK baseball. He was their head coach for 5 years before leaving to coach MSU (his alma mater) in 2009. He coached there for 8 years until he retired from coaching and he is now the MSU athletic director. Guess who was his assistant for two years at UK and his entire 8 years at MSU? Yep, Nick Mingione. The kicker... Mingione's wife is a MSU grad and former employee and they met in Starkville. That is a whole lot to compete with, but does Mingione want to pave his own path? That's what we will have to wait to find out. Kentucky Sports Radio interviewed him a few weeks ago and this is what was said:

UK head baseball coach Nick Mingione made a special guest appearance on today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio to respond to the rumors of him being a potential candidate for the Mississippi State opening. Mingione made a statement earlier in the week, but Matt Jones didn’t love it, so he asked Mingione to call in to the show to expand on what he originally said.

When asked by KSR if Big Blue Nation is going to watch him bolt for Starkville, Mingione said, “No, I don’t see that happening and here’s why: Christen and I, we love this place. Lexington is our home. I fell in love with this place when I came here in ’06. And my brain works in boxes, maybe some other people’s don’t, and I put a ton of checkmarks in all of the boxes here. So you know what, this is our job, this is the position we’ve been given, and we’re obviously trying to do the best job we can, and there’s really nothing to talk about in regards to Mississippi State.”

When pushed to stand by that statement, Mingione again said, “I don’t see that happening.”

His interview concluded with this: “If I didn’t think we could win here, or win a national championship, I wouldn’t have came here to begin with… I would’ve never put my family in the position of coming here if I didn’t believe this was possible.”

Maybe he is being truthful, but it's not like he's going to come out and say "yeah, I'm gone after this year" when his team just started a promising season and he hasn't even been offered the MSU job....yet.

What we like to call "coach speak".

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Every UK game thread is at least 3 pages long and ends up with posters complaining about the refs.

Have ya"ll ever been satisfied with the refs in any game? ;)

so you are saying minus the three pages it is just like a Duke thread :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT