ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs KU Game Thread

Thanks UK for at least kicking KU’s ass early removing my nerves early on. Eye opening for KU as the talent difference between these 2 teams is Grand Canyon wide.

Damn Kansas fans heading for the exits with 4 minutes left down 24 points.

This is freaking UNREAL

KU didn’t deserve to be in the same town as UK today let alone on the same court.

I feel this is turning into Cal’s best coaching job at UK this team. I don’t see the shear talent difference between Cal and the rest of college basketball like some of his best teams. Have actually felt his coaching has brought down some of his better teams with his coaching. This year he’s put together a great team that fits well together and they know their roles. That’s probably the most important after talent. This UK just plays well together and like a true team. Everything is decisive and with intent.

Can’t say the same for Self and KU. Self I feel has been his own worse enemy this year playing favorites over more talented players, messing with rotations, and forcing the ball to players incapable of scoring like Dave. Overall he hasn’t improved this KU team over last year. The only reason they look better is because Ochai Agbaji’s heroics.

Good game KU, It was rocking, I wish Rupp would rock more like that, not that they don't, but dang what an atmosphere. 👍

Last edited:
200w.gif

Well, that was embarrassing. If Agbaji has a poor night, there just isn’t enough there to beat top teams.

KU- 77
UK- 72

KU actually better than UK as a team on the boards since conference play began. Especially on the offensive end and especially the last 4 games. You can throw whatever BS reasoning at the wall you want but fact is KU is damn near impossible to beat in AFH. KU pulls out a great battle with clutch perimeter shooting late.
Yikes, none of this aged well.

Yes. KU has been scraping by for the last month and it’s really been heroic efforts from Agbaji to not have 5-6 losses at this point. He can’t carry them every night. UK is top 5 good while KU should be in the 10-15 range. UK on top of being better playing their A game is why the score is what it is.
KU needs Martin to get healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT