ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs KU Game Thread

One day until we get this great matchup. UK and KU fans, neutral fans, predictions for the game?

With TyTy, UK 79, KU 78

Without TyTy, UK 67, KU 79

One day until we get this great matchup. UK and KU fans, neutral fans, predictions for the game?

With TyTy, UK 79, KU 78

Without TyTy, UK 67, KU 79

KU- 77
UK- 72

KU actually better than UK as a team on the boards since conference play began. Especially on the offensive end and especially the last 4 games. You can throw whatever BS reasoning at the wall you want but fact is KU is damn near impossible to beat in AFH. KU pulls out a great battle with clutch perimeter shooting late.

We may not win, but KU is in for a dog fight. If TyTy plays, we win. He's that good! We've shot a fairly good percentage in a couple of games which would obviously bring down the offensive boards. Don't worry, UK will see you on the boards.

Oscar you up for a 30-30 lol.

• Love
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Well, per KSR Kentucky could be without three players vs. Kansas - TyTy, Collins and Toppin, none of which practiced yesterday - and Orlando Antigua possibly has COVID lol.

Wonderful.

Well, per KSR Kentucky could be without three players vs. Kansas - TyTy, Collins and Toppin, none of which practiced yesterday - and Orlando Antigua possibly has COVID lol.

Wonderful.
If we play without these three we might as well not show up lol Collins we can do without, we will need the other two.

If we play without these three we might as well not show up lol Collins we can do without, we will need the other two.

Maybe we can dress a couple student managers. This season is going to shyt if we can't get healthy and stay healthy. Real shame too, this was shaping up to be a damn solid squad.

Sharpe will probably play about ten games here before going pro, lol. There is zero chance that kid comes back next year.

The good news for you guys is we always let someone career on us. If you are missing guys Im sure we will get cocky and be in a rock fight before you know it.

Wonderful.
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Basketball gods are making up for being shorthanded in Rupp last time.

Maybe we can dress a couple student managers. This season is going to shyt if we can't get healthy and stay healthy. Real shame too, this was shaping up to be a damn solid squad.

Sharpe will probably play about ten games here before going pro, lol. There is zero chance that kid comes back next year.
He isn't likely to benefit much from playing.

Oscar gonna have to go for 30 and 30. Should be feasible.

Who is Collins?

Damion Collins 6'9" Freshman forward. 18 games played, averages 9 min a game, 3.4 pts a game, 2.4 rebounds, 1 block, and 60% fg%.

Last 5 games he averaging about 4 min, so he is playing less, but if foul trouble or injury comes up he would be relied on. He has some games where he looks amazing(against lesser competition). His PER is 20.5 which is better than all other F's than Oscar.

• Love
Damion Collins 6'9" Freshman forward. 18 games played, averages 9 min a game, 3.4 pts a game, 2.4 rebounds, 1 block, and 60% fg%.

Last 5 games he averaging about 4 min, so he is playing less, but if foul trouble or injury comes up he would be relied on. He has some games where he looks amazing(against lesser competition). His PER is 20.5 which is better than all other F's than Oscar.
Yea---it could def be important to have 5 extra fouls and a big body. We dont have many either. OT will feast if he doesnt get into foul trouble.

Yea---it could def be important to have 5 extra fouls and a big body. We dont have many either. OT will feast if he doesnt get into foul trouble.
He's rail thin, but athletic as hell and does possess some skills. The problem he's only played basketball for 3 years prior to UK and at a small HS. He has a 7'5" wingspan and a 42" verticle.

And we were using a 7 man rotation before injuries. Sucks lol We just don't have room for an injury.

Cal said if TyTy is only 80% he's not going to play. Not a game you play a little gimpy in.

He's rail thin, but athletic as hell and does possess some skills. The problem he's only played basketball for 3 years prior to UK and at a small HS. He has a 7'5" wingspan and a 42" verticle.

And we were using a 7 man rotation before injuries. Sucks lol We just don't have room for an injury.

Cal said if TyTy is only 80% he's not going to play. Not a game you play a little gimpy in.
Man, i get that its a non con game in the middle of league...but I bet these guys have this game as their most important all year. I know its probably the one I look forward to most. If I was a player at 80%, I'd be lying to my coach how great I feel.

Man, i get that its a non con game in the middle of league...but I bet these guys have this game as their most important all year. I know its probably the one I look forward to most. If I was a player at 80%, I'd be lying to my coach how great I feel.
Our guys over the last month have gone through several t-shirt nights, a court naming, retired jersey's probably Auburn's largest crowd ever. I know its a big game, but we just went through several so it should help our guys out some. They're all too young to understand the history. I don't think we'll have enough fire power without TyTy. It will still be a dog fight. Our guys play extremely hard and don't seem to tire out.

I'm just glad we're playing again. Always enjoy it!

Me too, you couldn't drag my ass off of that court lol.

I've always thought we had a chance going into a game. Today I don't. Injuries are part of the game, and we're plagued. Regardless I'm looking forward to this one as always.

Without Toppin guarding Agbaji, he will go nuts much like Mollinard for Miss St.

The 2 leading all time win teams in college basketball. The traditions. AFH. AFH is always cranked up, but today it will be at its best. Doesn't get any better.

Rupp and Calipari ties to Kansas. Oscar and McCormick good friends. Lots of stories.

If we win great, but if we lose I'm not going to be too upset about it. I know when our team is healthy, we're pretty damn good now.

We're not completely lost without Tyty, but he adds a dynamic which makes us really hard to guard.

Our offense runs through him. We were beating Auburn by 9 points and in control of that game when he went down with an injury.

We aren’t beating a top 5 team on the road without him. He’s nearly as valuable to our team as Big O is.

The difference between TyTy and Savir. Savir creates chaos for the other team, with his speed. And this does create opportunities and sometimes not lol. TyTy is very deliberate and is control of what he sees around him. He makes the right decisions. The best frosh bball IQ I've seen at UK. His lead is a higher percentage opportunity.

But I love how both create different situations for the defense. I think it works great together..

I've always thought we had a chance going into a game. Today I don't. Injuries are part of the game, and we're plagued. Regardless I'm looking forward to this one as always.

Without Toppin guarding Agbaji, he will go nuts much like Mollinard for Miss St.

The 2 leading all time win teams in college basketball. The traditions. AFH. AFH is always cranked up, but today it will be at its best. Doesn't get any better.

Rupp and Calipari ties to Kansas. Oscar and McCormick good friends. Lots of stories.

If we win great, but if we lose I'm not going to be too upset about it. I know when our team is healthy, we're pretty damn good now.
No outcome will surprise me, even if Washington doesn’t play. KU is clutch and mentally tough, but it’s not as if they’re loaded with NBA talent and elite athleticism. And they’re definitely not a vintage Self team defensively.

No outcome will surprise me, even if Washington doesn’t play. KU is clutch and mentally tough, but it’s not as if they’re loaded with NBA talent and elite athleticism. And they’re definitely not a vintage Self team defensively.
Well Toppin didn't practice. I expect him to play, probably just resting the ankle. We really need him on defense. He's athletic and a super motor.

With TyTy we're missing about 14 pts and 4-6 assists. A couple of weeks ago he broke John Walls assist record with 17 in a game. He brings a stability that this team doesn't have with just Savir.

But we still have the 3rd best assist leader and the #1 rebounder. Hopefully Grady will have a career day.

Both teams score a lot. So regardless, its going to be a fun game to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT