ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ UF

I'm going to miss the first part of this game due to the wife running over something in her car and messing up the front end of her car. Have an appointment at the dealership at 10 Central. I doubt they get it done in an hour. :(

I'm going to miss the first part of this game due to the wife running over something in her car and messing up the front end of her car. Have an appointment at the dealership at 10 Central. I doubt they get it done in an hour. :(
Watch it on your phone. Easy peasy.

Watch it on your phone. Easy peasy.
I should get one of those. Never had one.

I'll just stay away from the sports world and start from the beginning when I get home. Hopefully, I can fast forward through commercials and get live when I get home.

UK could lose and still get the 4-seed if Arkansas loses at Mizzou tonight. UK owns the tiebreakers over Arkansas, Mizzou, and MSU. But, let's just hope they don't need any help to lock up the double bye. Florida is in the same boat. If they lose to UK and Arkansas loses at Mizzou they would get the #4 seed. I am more concerned with NCAA tournament seeding anyway. I think if UK wins out they could potentially rise as high as a #3 seed. Of course that all depends on what a bunch of others teams do, too. For example, Ohio State losing for the 3rd time to Penn State and getting bounced in their first game of the B1G tourney in the process should be a seed-killer.

As crazy as it sounds and what not, I've gave up on favorable NCAA iournament seeding a few season ago. UK is just going to have to win against the best teams. There's no favors given.
Good point. It's because the committee heavily considers something that should be a non-factor, location. Just another example of the NCAA trying to make more money, trying to allow fans to travel shorter distance to get more asses in the seats. It gets old playing the same teams in the tournament every season. For UK that would include teams from the same region (IU, WVU, Louisville, Ohio State, Cincinnati, etc.). It would be fun to watch them play teams they don't get to play on a regular basis prior to having to reach the Final Four to do so. I guarantee you what happens more times than not, a team is deserving of say a 6-seed, for example, but they will either be bumped up or down a few seed lines just to fit them into a particular geographical region. I would prefer they just play the whole damn tournament in the middle of the US every year. Right on the border of Kansas and Nebraska. Take the regionalism completely out of it. Then again, KU would be sitting pretty every year. Laughing

Good point. It's because the committee heavily considers something that should be a non-factor, location. Just another example of the NCAA trying to make more money, trying to allow fans to travel shorter distance to get more asses in the seats. It gets old playing the same teams in the tournament every season. For UK that would include teams from the same region (IU, WVU, Louisville, Ohio State, Cincinnati, etc.). It would be fun to watch them play teams they don't get to play on a regular basis prior to having to reach the Final Four to do so. I guarantee you what happens more times than not, a team is deserving of say a 6-seed, for example, but they will either be bumped up or down a few seed lines just to fit them into a particular geographical region. I would prefer they just play the whole damn tournament in the middle of the US every year. Right on the border of Kansas and Nebraska. Take the regionalism completely out of it. Then again, KU would be sitting pretty every year. Laughing
You’re starting to become long winded with these 2,000 word PARAGRAPHS lately. Lol

You’re starting to become long winded with these 2,000 word PARAGRAPHS lately. Lol
Tell me about it. o_O I could have shortened it substantially and said the committee should have to seed teams by blind resume. They could still figure out who most of the teams are, but that takes out most bias.

Last edited:
Cal has been saying this for years, and I agree with him. How many times have we had to play UL or Indiana, or WVU in the tourney, and how many times has Duke and UNC met in the tourney?

As crazy as it sounds and what not, I've gave up on favorable NCAA iournament seeding a few season ago. UK is just going to have to win against the best teams. There's no favors given. 2,3 or 8, whatever.
My view of the NCAA selection committee is lower than my views of Stalin.

They are the most corrupt group on the planet! Eyeroll

Pretty low pressure game for both teams as I don’t see Arkansas winning a game at Mizzou that the Tigers really need.

Either team, to change their NCAA seed significantly, needs to win the SECT.

I see Florida winning this one, but certainly wouldn’t be shocked if we lost.

I wouldn’t bet on this game with someone else’s money.

Line was UF -5, which seems about right.

Kinda just depends on how well UF shoots the 3. The arena will be rocking regardless, but a 12 o’clock start should help a little.

Pretty low pressure game for both teams as I don’t see Arkansas winning a game at Mizzou that the Tigers really need.

Either team, to change their NCAA seed significantly, needs to win the SECT.

I see Florida winning this one, but certainly wouldn’t be shocked if we lost.

Winning the SECT is pretty meaningless when it comes to NCAA seeding. Making the championship game helps, but the committee has said that the game is played too late for it to have much of an impact. The conference needs to have it be played on Saturday.

I don't like any of the 3 fouls called so far on either team. Hopefully not an indicator of how game will go with the calls.

I'm so tired of road games. Bring on the SEC and the NCAA.

How many cheap elbows will these officials allow UK to get away with?

Florida & Kentucky fans both complaining about the refs- mean they are doing a good job ;)

Man, a chance to blow this thing wide open and foul a 3 point shooter.

We're only shooting 46% from 3. That's good, but not like we are shooting 57%, like Kentucky is.

How Florida should have 20 fouls.Uk has shot 1 free throw.Worst called game of the season.
980x.gif

Reactions: rdgtr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT