ADVERTISEMENT

UK Sweeps UL

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Well . . . U of L did what they were supposed to do to beat Miami (OH), which is shake off a bit of in-game lethargy. UK just never really had what it takes to shake a strong-fundamentals Utah. An 11:00 PM tip probably didn't help any, but the product that has been on the floor for UK this season has been a little uninspiring - just my opinion.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked to see UK lose these next 2 games in the least. It hasn't taken teams' herculean efforts to beat them this year. It has only taken spacing and a consistent shot - oh, and the 4 straight turnovers by UK. Not going to use injuries as an excuse. Who UK has been left to play with still have multiple stars by their names vs. zero stars for the teams we've lost to.

Where is the sigh emoji . . . ?

Well . . . U of L did what they were supposed to do to beat Miami (OH), which is shake off a bit of in-game lethargy. UK just never really had what it takes to shake a strong-fundamentals Utah. An 11:00 PM tip probably didn't help any, but the product that has been on the floor for UK this season has been a little uninspiring - just my opinion.

Anyway, I wouldn't be shocked to see UK lose these next 2 games in the least. It hasn't taken teams' herculean efforts to beat them this year. It has only taken spacing and a consistent shot - oh, and the 4 straight turnovers by UK. Not going to use injuries as an excuse. Who UK has been left to play with still have multiple stars by their names vs. zero stars for the teams we've lost to.

Who is injured?

Who is injured?
Allen is the only one I can think of and he's a natural scorer which we could have used last night. Mr. Kentucky basketball and average something like 40 ppg in high school. I've never watched him play so all I know he could give up 40 a game on defense.

It's the only injury I can think of. Sestina played, but still had his wrist wrapped.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
C A R D S

The game is like 9 days away so I’m kinda meh..

UK will get up for U of L though..Winking...so it should be a goodn’

At times we look like the best team in the nation, other times we look like an AAU squad. If we play like we did against Miami (FL) or Michigan we beat UK by 8-10. We play like we did against T Tech, we lose.

Reactions: American Male
Allen is the only one I can think of and he's a natural scorer which we could have used last night. Mr. Kentucky basketball and average something like 40 ppg in high school. I've never watched him play so all I know he could give up 40 a game on defense.

It's the only injury I can think of. Sestina played, but still had his wrist wrapped.
You guys are def in need of an outside scorer. I cant imagine a guy being able to hit for 40 per game and not have an awesome outside skill set.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You guys are def in need of an outside scorer. I cant imagine a guy being able to hit for 40 per game and not have an awesome outside skill set.
TRACKING DONTAIE ALLEN’S SENIOR SEASON

Date Opponent Score Stats

Nov. 26 Williamsontown W, 76-46 52 points, 12 rebounds, 9 steals
Nov. 29 Scott L, 73-83 53 points and 18 rebounds
Dec. 1 Marshall County W, 50-45 25 points and 23 rebounds
Dec. 4 Nicholas County W, 82-47 34 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists
Dec. 7 Clark County L, 71-78 34 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists
Dec. 8 Bracken County W, 79-61 51 points and 18 rebounds
Dec. 10 Augusta W, 95-59 45 points and 12 rebounds
Dec. 12 Robertson County W, 116-77 53 points, 12 rebounds, 9 assists
Dec. 14 Harrison County W, 91-55 49 points and 20 rebounds
Dec. 15 Bourbon County L, 68-86 43 points and 14 rebounds
Dec. 20 St. Henry W, 89-70 52 points, 10 rebounds, 7 blocks
Dec. 21 Bryan Station W, 93-81 57 points and 18 rebounds
Dec. 22 Cooper L, 61-24 10 points (played 12 minutes due to injury)
Dec. 27 Seneca L, 72-63 DNP – injury
Dec. 28 Ashland Blazer L, 66-55 DNP – injury
Dec. 29 Louisville Christian L, 69-44 DNP – injury

Those are crazy numbers to put up during high school games---I don't care if you have a midget guarding you.

Is he expected to play this year?

So maybe a 5 pm PST start time would have helped?

Is he expected to play this year?
Yeah. He practiced some already, but had some soreness so he's sitting out again. I think everyone (him, coaches, fans) expects him to play this year, but he'll definitely be behind in every which way.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. I wasn't sure, hence "IIRC". I thought I read it somewhere. Is that the only time?

I don’t know I just remembered that specific time because this board was chaotic then :D

Also, it took less than 30 seconds to look up.

he also lost the last four games of the 2012-2013 season. Never forget Robert Morris.....Never forget.
?? We won against UF in the last game of the regular season.

Untitled.png

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/96/season/2013

The game is like 9 days away so I’m kinda meh..

What's the over/under that this thread will pick up in vitriol over the next week or so? I feel like both sides are so puzzled that everyone is a little cautious about talking smack. jumpingsmile

Unfortunate.

Reactions: UL_1986
What's the over/under that this thread will pick up in vitriol over the next week or so? I feel like both sides are so puzzled that everyone is a little cautious about talking smack. jumpingsmile

Unfortunate.
Ehh, it’ll fizzle out. Who knows though, JC has been MIA.

I am busy with <1 year old twins, so I'm a super shitty fan this year and haven't seen many entire games this year at all. However from what I've seen, UL is going to beat the brakes off of UK. This is not even close to a good UK team, and UL has looked very good the few times I've seen them.

Besides, the same team rarely wins the football and basketball game in the same year, right?

Last edited:
I am busy with <1 year old twins, so I'm a super shitty fan this year and haven't seen many entire games this year at all. However from what I've seen, UL is going to beat the brakes off of UK. This is not even close to a good UK team, and UL has looked very good the few times I've them.

Besides, the same team rarely wins the football and basketball game in the same year, right?
We swept last year but correct, for the most part it never happens. If Louisville is gonna beat us in Rupp this is the year to do it.

On that same note I always thought one school hosted the football game and the other hosted the basketball game. Did it not used to be that way? Long term memory isn’t my strong suit.

Edit: memory period isn’t my strong suit. Nor spelling lol

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
My basketball fandom and patience are at an all time low. I hope we win, but I dont even care enough to talk trash. The football wins the last two years have been so damned satisfying that I dont think a loss in this game could even bring me down.

Lets just see how we do against Ohio State. Theyre good. Real good. 40 min of effort might not even get us a win against OSU. I'll feel a lot better about UofL based on how we play tomorrow.

But y'all can put me in the salty ass I can take or leave Cal at this point fan group. I understand the results we've had. Im just tired of this system and philosophy. CBB isnt fun for me anymore.

IIRC Calipari's not lost 3 in a row at UK.

That would suck, I couldn't imagine losing 4 (or 5) in a row, amirite @UNCFans. :p

4 is the sweet spot actually. After that you just kind of DGAF and don't get nearly as frustrated. You know you suck and just roll with it. At this point I just want the guys to play who will be relevant next year, except for Cole and Bacot of course. I want those two to play.

4 is the sweet spot actually. After that you just kind of DGAF and don't get nearly as frustrated. You know you suck and just roll with it. At this point I just want the guys to play who will be relevant next year, except for Cole and Bacot of course. I want those two to play.

That’s the spirit!

Louisville isn’t gonna beat Kentucky in Rupp, we’ll be the first big home atmosphere game for this Kentucky team. We will go farther in March though imo.

ADVERTISEMENT