ADVERTISEMENT

UK needs 6 of 12 games left to hit 10 wins for the season

The thread was by me and you responded against Tennessee fans. Just a little help with the facts.

I offered to talk Uk or UT in a critical way, so you are the one that doesn't want to talk sports.

Btw, I watched the UK/UGA game not so much for the win/loss, but to see what UK's issues were. Want to discuss it? I also watched UT get crushed by UF and would welcome discussing the Vols and what their problems were. Want to discuss that?
I am happy to discuss how bad my team is, sure. I call it like I see it, we suck.
Why are you so bad at this?

Why are you so bad at this?
What do you think the problem is at UK? Y'all have talent players. I think your team doesn't play like a team. It has no nucleus. I'm not saying the players are selfish, but they don't play like a single unit.

UK fans started UT stuff
I like the back and forth. I know it’s all good natured ribbing from each side. Keeps things lightly competitive. We all love to pile on when someone is down. The ol “kick ‘em while they’re down” threads are always very creative/funny. . . even when it’s our turn.

We all love to see siblings just a little mad and then poking them just a touch. Its the unexpected flare ups that are the true reward.

367ae0a738677c27cb80a5630d03cb16.gif

Last edited:
I like the back and forth. I know it’s all good natured ribbing from each other. Keeps things lightly competitive.. The unexpected flare ups are the true reward.

tenor.gif

Think before you come after the Vols

I think the banter is fun as long as people remember it's just in fun. However, people don't need to get into it if your going to get all upset about it.
I think you were the one that started the UT thread that prompted this thread. Any UK fan that gets upset needs to quit crying and get over it.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Kentucky goals for 20 -21

National Champions

Make the Final Four

NCAA Bid

SEC
Champions

Kentucky State Champions (Louisville 62 Kentucky 59 )

Still on the Table

Best 10 Win Team

Fayette County, Kentucky Champions

There are a few fans on rafters and house of blue that will hammer that point home too. “Best 10 win team of all time. Look how many of our losses were close! We were right there”

What do you think the problem is at UK? Y'all have talent players. I think your team doesn't play like a team. It has no nucleus. I'm not saying the players are selfish, but they don't play like a single unit.
Kentucky under Cal has really had two separate eras. 2010 to 2015 and 2016 to now. It’s been a constant and solid slide downward since our loss to Wisconsin. And it’s a number of things.

One, Cal isn’t getting the guys he used to. K, Self, and and even schools like Memphis are getting top 3 players. Caliparis three best seasons at Kentucky are when he had the number one pick in the draft. No coincidence there.

Two, the stigma that if you aren’t good enough for the NBA after one season at Kentucky, you will get recruited over and have to transfer. Freshman come to Kentucky and expect to be stars as freshman no matter how good they are. They see themselves as a failure if they can’t get drafted after season one, and figure the next crop will come in and take their spot. It’s a horrible mindset to have as a player.

Three, we are losing 7 or 8 guys a season at this point. To the NBA ready, not ready, and to transferring. Cals had great seasons and they all had returning sophomores or juniors and occasionally seniors. We have one sophomore this year. One player on this entire roster that played for Cal last season. That’s not going to get you very far most years.

So yea, I don’t see it getting better. The lava finally boiled over the volcano, and it might be time for Cal to move on.

I think the biggest issue is only returning 6% of our minutes played from last season. I think the COVID restrictions were aways going to make it harder for younger teams. COVID has exposed just how slim Calipari’s margins for error are trying to run the program this way. The truth is we’ve probably been an injury another big recruiting whiff, or a bust away from another bad season for a while.

if shai gets hurt in 2018 we probably struggle to make the tournament. Ulis or Murray in 2016. If PJ Washington leaves after his freshman year we probably make the tourney as a 6-8 seed.

Some of us have to been saying for a while now the roster turnover was eventually going to bite us.

And now here we are. This season is a wash and we’re all just waiting, skeptically, to see if this off season plays out any different than the last few.

If we lose 5 or 6 guys off a team that doesn’t have a good enough record to make any kind of post season...well...I think I’ll probably check back in with UK basketball when John Calipari either adapts or moves On.

Kentucky under Cal has really had two separate eras. 2010 to 2015 and 2016 to now. It’s been a constant and solid slide downward since our loss to Wisconsin. And it’s a number of things.

One, Cal isn’t getting the guys he used to. K, Self, and and even schools like Memphis are getting top 3 players. Caliparis three best seasons at Kentucky are when he had the number one pick in the draft. No coincidence there.

Two, the stigma that if you aren’t good enough for the NBA after one season at Kentucky, you will get recruited over and have to transfer. Freshman come to Kentucky and expect to be stars as freshman no matter how good they are. They see themselves as a failure if they can’t get drafted after season one, and figure the next crop will come in and take their spot. It’s a horrible mindset to have as a player.

Three, we are losing 7 or 8 guys a season at this point. To the NBA ready, not ready, and to transferring. Cals had great seasons and they all had returning sophomores or juniors and occasionally seniors. We have one sophomore this year. One player on this entire roster that played for Cal last season. That’s not going to get you very far most years.

So yea, I don’t see it getting better. The lava finally boiled over the volcano, and it might be time for Cal to move on.
What about supplementing grad transfers to shore up the experience level. This seems like an issue of the right mix over the system doesn't work.

That Jackson kid has a shooters touch, but he needs to hit the weight room. Also, I didn't come away with the feeling that they were a bunch of selfish superstars. I just didn't see much team chemistry. Maybe, that just takes time.

I think you were the one that started the UT thread that prompted this thread.
Yeah, I created the one here, and one on the football board. Their vibe over there is a little different than over here, but obviously they were both created in the spirit of rivalry/good-natured ribbing. Nothing more.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, I created the one here, and one on the football board. Their vibe over there is a little different than over here, but obviously they were both created in the spirit of rivalry/good-natured ribbing. Nothing more.
I knew that and acted in kind. I didn't go overboard, it was a proportional response.

I think the biggest issue is only returning 6% of our minutes played from last season. I think the COVID restrictions were aways going to make it harder for younger teams. COVID has exposed just how slim Calipari’s margins for error are trying to run the program this way. The truth is we’ve probably been an injury another big recruiting whiff, or a bust away from another bad season for a while.

if shai gets hurt in 2018 we probably struggle to make the tournament. Ulis or Murray in 2016. If PJ Washington leaves after his freshman year we probably make the tourney as a 6-8 seed.

Some of us have to been saying for a while now the roster turnover was eventually going to bite us.

And now here we are. This season is a wash and we’re all just waiting, skeptically, to see if this off season plays out any different than the last few.

If we lose 5 or 6 guys off a team that doesn’t have a good enough record to make any kind of post season...well...I think I’ll probably check back in with UK basketball when John Calipari either adapts or moves On.
I agree about the Covid thingie, but if the team had legs they should be getting them under them by now. Maybe, the players will just stick at UK for another year and it will all be good.

There are a few fans on rafters and house of blue that will hammer that point home too. “Best 10 win team of all time. Look how many of our losses were close! We were right there”
We have knuckleheads ar Volquest too. Some of them want Kiffin back. I have accused them of battered wife syndrome and suggest they seek help.

• Haha

I think that Calipari doomed himself by platooning. That’s when y’all stopped getting the really elite, but wasn’t Boston a top 5?

I think that Calipari doomed himself by platooning. That’s when y’all stopped getting the really elite
Which really surprised me seeing how the members of that team went on to the NBA or pro play. If I’m a recruit, I’m not seeing the downside of the results.

Reactions: cdbearde
Didn't have an issue with her in the beginning, but its become obvious to me now

I still don’t have an issue with Deller, I’m more embarrassed for her than anything. I can’t imagine a school beating me so much over the years that it’s to the point I hate them and cheer for them to lose more than I cheer for my team to win.

• Haha
You can say that, but you'd be wrong. You like to troll, but pitch a fit when it comes back at you. You guys are even going to the CFB board penning threads about UT. Just like you whining about me calling you Scottie after you calling me deller. Why are you so shocked when I merely come back at you? What is wrong with you? Why are you such a cry baby?

I’d be wrong??? Deller, honey, possum tits...everybody on this board can see that you are ate up with UK. When you deny it, it only makes it more obvious. You can troll me all you want and I promise I’m not gonna whine and cry. You don’t get it so let me just tell you straight out. I ask you why you called me “Scottie” because I knew you was doing what I did when I called you Deller! You like to copy me for whatever reason. As far as the football boards go I told you, I’ve read that board for years I just never posted there. The only reason I posted in the thread that I posted in is because I knew it would get to you. You start thread after thread about UK just to take shots at them and that’s fine, I don’t mind at all but don’t get your feelings hurt when people do it to you.

My thoughts also, but they say it has been used against us in recruiting. ???? 🤷‍♂️
Makes zero sense to try to recruit against us with that. “You’re going to have to work less to showcase yourself, all while achieving the same amount.”

Last edited:
I think that Calipari doomed himself by platooning. That’s when y’all stopped getting the really elite, but wasn’t Boston a top 5?

Zero truth here
Other schools were just hungrier for elite talent.

Good chance Memphis gets slapped on the hand.
Now Oklahoma State is stuck with an assistant coach. But he has deep connections to the AAU scene in Dallas.

Kentucky was in play for both Wiseman and Cunningham.
They didn't care at all about Calipari and what he did in 2015

Truthfully think Kentucky has tried to lay low with the NCAA on a rampage

I’d be wrong??? Deller, honey, possum tits...everybody on this board can see that you are ate up with UK. When you deny it, it only makes it more obvious. You can troll me all you want and I promise I’m not gonna whine and cry. You don’t get it so let me just tell you straight out. I ask you why you called me “Scottie” because I knew you was doing what I did when I called you Deller! You like to copy me for whatever reason. As far as the football boards go I told you, I’ve read that board for years I just never posted there. The only reason I posted in the thread that I posted in is because I knew it would get to you. You start thread after thread about UK just to take shots at them and that’s fine, I don’t mind at all but don’t get your feelings hurt when people do it to you.
Ok, a couple of things here. I don't care if you call me deller. I would think you wouldn't mind Scottie. However, I do mind possum tits. I would not call you something pertaining to your gender, religion or ethnicity and I would like you to show me the same respect.

I have told you that I'll post a UK thread if a UK fan decides to make a thread disparaging UT. You can call that copying, but I call it tit for tat.

I don't have any opinion on you regarding what you have or have not done regarding the CFB board. If you say that you have lurked for years on the CFB, who cares? It is odd to imagine someone checking in on a message board and never posting on it, but there are odd people, so OK.

Finally, this is the only thread I wrote that I made with the idea of making fun of UK.

Ok, a couple of things here. I don't care if you call me deller. I would think you wouldn't mind Scottie. However, I do mind possum tits. I would not call you something pertaining to your gender, religion or ethnicity and I would like you to show me the same respect.

I have told you that I'll post a UK thread if a UK fan decides to make a thread disparaging UT. You can call that copying, but I call it tit for tat.

I don't have any opinion on you regarding what you have or have not done regarding the CFB board. If you say that you have lurked for years on the CFB, who cares? It is odd to imagine someone checking in on a message board and never posting on it, but there are odd people, so OK.

Finally, this is the only thread I wrote that I made with the idea of making fun of UK.

Like I said, you can call me Scottie or whatever you want, it doesn’t bother me in the least. This is a sports message board and people give each other shit. It’s part of it. I didn’t know you was so sensitive. The name possum tits has nothing to do with what gender you are but if it offends you I won’t use it again. Again, being on a message board I wouldn’t think you would be so sensitive. As far as the football board goes I’m pretty sure I mentioned before that I read over there a lot but I don’t post. I read several other boards (UL, Duke, UNc) but don’t post there either. You take this stuff way to personal and you shouldn’t.

Makes zero sense to try to recruit against us with that. “You’re going to have to work less to showcase yourself, all while achieving the same amount.”

I’d say it’s being used more negatively in the sense that Cal will sacrifice your game/mins to make himself look good. There was zero reason to platoon that team, except that he could.

I’d say opposing coaches explain to recruits that by platooning, EVERY TIME cal needed to make any substitution at all, KAT came out and Marcus Lee comes in. So instead of letting guys like Ullis and booker and lyles play in games with the number one pick some, they got to play with Lee the entire time instead. That’s not even mentioning ullis/booker arguably should have been starting over the twins by seasons end anyways.

I just think it was super arrogant, stupid, and cal was more concerned about look at me look at me, than making that team the best it could be and cutting down the nets.

We didn’t even play that amazingly, just with tremendous energy. Only hit 31% from three and 6 threes overall. You guys missed most of your jumpers which helped, but our guys just played with unbelievable effort defending and rebounding. We probably won’t play with that speed and effort again knowing Mike White.

If your guys played with that energy consistently, and had Johnson back healthy...UF would be a top 5-10 team IMO.

I’d say it’s being used more negatively in the sense that Cal will sacrifice your game/mins to make himself look good. There was zero reason to platoon that team, except that he could.

I’d say opposing coaches explain to recruits that by platooning, EVERY TIME cal needed to make any substitution at all, KAT came out and Marcus Lee comes in. So instead of letting guys like Ullis and booker and lyles play in games with the number one pick some, they got to play with Lee the entire time instead. That’s not even mentioning ullis/booker arguably should have been starting over the twins by seasons end anyways.

I just think it was super arrogant, stupid, and cal was more concerned about look at me look at me, than making that team the best it could be and cutting down the nets.
Any/All those players are forever immortalized in the state of KY. Teams that weren’t platooned and achieved less are just former players now. That platooning did something unique for both the team and as individuals. Something that hasn’t been accomplished since.

Something about that formula was synergetic.

One, Cal isn’t getting the guys he used to. K, Self, and and even schools like Memphis are getting top 3 players. Caliparis three best seasons at Kentucky are when he had the number one pick in the draft.

Excellent post. Cal has been excellent when he has the number 1 pick. He’s had what 4/5? Wall, kat, Rose, AD, Camby??? Is that more than K even though Ks been coaching 100 more years? Recruiting is part of the job description though, and it ain’t always about Xs and Os sometimes it’s about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s. He hasn’t landed that jimmy or joe since his name wat Karl.

Granted, even as a rival, I fully expected Boston and Clarke to dominate this year. Cals had sooooo many good guard/wings since being at uk. Hell its badically 2 new ones a year. I never bought into the FF offseason hype that some had, but I thought they’d be a second weekend type team, especially when they landed Sarr.

Like I said, you can call me Scottie or whatever you want, it doesn’t bother me in the least. This is a sports message board and people give each other shit. It’s part of it. I didn’t know you was so sensitive. The name possum tits has nothing to do with what gender you are but if it offends you I won’t use it again. Again, being on a message board I wouldn’t think you would be so sensitive. As far as the football board goes I’m pretty sure I mentioned before that I read over there a lot but I don’t post. I read several other boards (UL, Duke, UNc) but don’t post there either. You take this stuff way to personal and you shouldn’t.

Didn’t you get banned from THR? Twice?

Al

Any/All those players are forever immortalized in the state of KY. Teams that weren’t platooned and achieved less are just former players now. That platooning did something unique for both the team and as individuals. Something that hasn’t been accomplished since. Something about that formula was synergetic.

But they didn’t accomplish anything. Won the Midwest regional and the SEC, congrats.

That was the best lineup ever constructed, well maybe if you go back to the wooden years some UCLA teams would match up. And you have a FF banner to show for it and a bunch of almosts.

And if Marcus Lee and De’aaron Fox/Jamal murray/herro/shai/bam/ or 100 different players that weren’t on the platoon team walk into a bar in Lexington, you gonna sit there and tell me Marcus Lee would garner some special place in your heart bc he was on the platoon team and you’d rather have a beer with him then the countless other guys I mention, please, you would be in a minute minority.

But they didn’t accomplish anything. Won the Midwest regional and the SEC, congrats.

That was the best lineup ever constructed, well maybe if you go back to the wooden years some UCLA teams would match up. And you have a FF banner to show for it and a bunch of almosts.

And if Marcus Lee and De’aaron Fox/Jamal murray/herro/shai/bam/ or 100 different players that weren’t on the platoon team walk into a bar in Lexington, you gonna sit there and tell me Marcus Lee would garner some special place in your heart bc he was on the platoon team and you’d rather have a beer with him then the countless other guys I mention, please, you would be in a minute minority.
UK fans - at least this one - recognizes their place in history. The didn’t hoist the trophy, but no other team for quite a long time before them and since had the record they did. I find solace in knowing they were arguably one of the best teams ever assembled (not opinion, just reflected by their record.) The best team doesn’t always win it though.

if Marcus Lee and De’aaron Fox/Jamal murray/herro/shai/bam/ or 100 different players that weren’t on the platoon team walk into a bar in Lexington, you gonna sit there and tell me Marcus Lee would garner some special place in your heart bc he was on the platoon team and you’d rather have a beer with him then the countless other guys I mention, please, you would be in a minute minority.
I have a picture somewhere (I’m going to look for it today) from when a business associate and I were having a breakfast meeting at Wild Eggs when that whole team came in and sat right behind us. It was early in that season so nobody had any clue what was ahead of them at that point. My partner has a picture of Dakari Johnson looking up catching him snapping a “covert” pic. jumpingsmile He just got busted trying to be a low key fanboy.

Some time after that season I was showing somebody my picture and they said “It’d be wild to see the salary total of that entire table now . . . A lot of future millionaires at that point.” Kind of a wild thought.

When any player walks in somewhere, they have your attention . . . But they don’t all carry the same weight. I can’t - nor anyone, really - say what may or may not have happened with other teams. I just know that particular team has a different synergy.

It’s not a measurable phenomenon. A LOT of people love Marilyn Manson and I don’t get that but disagreeing with the adoration doesn’t sabotage it.

Last edited:
UK fans - at least this one - recognizes their place in history. The didn’t hoist the trophy, but no other team for quite a long time before them and since had the record they did. I find solace in knowing they were arguably one of the best teams ever assembled (not opinion, just reflected by their record.) The best team doesn’t always win it though.
GZctorange-2.jpg

I interrupt this boring post to add a little color and refresh the reader's weary eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT