ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans, what are your thoughts on Purdue?

Matt Painter >> Francis McCaffery
tenor.gif

Reactions: KisteK and VulvHa
The last time IU landed a Kentucky Mr. Basketball was never. 😁
I mean, its not like IU was missing out here...:)...Darius Miller was the last Kentucky Mr. Basketball who got drafted....

Guessing as much as we think about them: never

I’ve been a fan for over 20 years and don’t think we’ve played UK once (might be forgetting a game in a preseason tourney, but even then it’d be a loooong time ago)

Only time there has been any banter that I can recall was back when Derrick Willis flip flopped (which turned out to be an L for both teams haha)

It is pretty crazy how few times we’ve played given proximity. But they played IU for many of those years.

Seems like we have played UL quite a few times, but ACC challenge helps that match up occur occasionally

I’ve been a fan for over 20 years and don’t think we’ve played UK once (might be forgetting a game in a preseason tourney, but even then it’d be a loooong time ago)

Only time there has been any banter that I can recall was back when Derrick Willis flip flopped (which turned out to be an L for both teams haha)

It is pretty crazy how few times we’ve played given proximity. But they played IU for many of those years.

Seems like we have played UL quite a few times, but ACC challenge helps that match up occur occasionally
They've only played 8 times, with the last two being in '96 and '97 in the early season Great Eight tourney.

Reactions: BoilerExpress
They've only played 8 times, with the last two being in '96 and '97 in the early season Great Eight tourney.
It is odd they haven't played more...UK has played IU 57 times....Notre Dame 63 times....Purdue 8 times.

Odd.

Yep...Game needs to be played. The intensity would be off the charts. Hope Woody can get it done.
IMO it would immediately shoot past UNC/Duke on rivalries.

KU and MU would probably shoot up past us.

Let's face it. We hate each other so much, we stopped playing. I know, I know, but really.

100/1 UK vs IU or KU vs MU would have higher ratings that UNC vs Duke. Even with our games being on CBS and theirs being pumped by ESPN.

Calipari asked the fanbase "which one to drop" from our three home and homes. UNC, UL,and IU.

IU was the resounding favorite to drop. He cancelled two, but did have a hand in creating the CBS sports classic. Which we get to play UNC and UCLA.

Hell, at this point we should drop all three. You guys need to get your shit together.

I thought you were @died. ; )

Iowa is going house on Purdue in football this year.

Reactions: BoilerExpress
I thought you were @died. ; )

Iowa is going house on Purdue in football this year.

haha yeah, last couple years have sucked personally (father died, then a month later covid killed all my time with wife working double time in healthcare plus daycare and schools closed for months and months, my job has also been crazy busy, etc)

first-world problems for sure but I quit posting on the nat’l boards. I do check occasionally tho

you guys owe us in football. Iowa is for some reason the only team in the b10 that brohm can beat besides Illinois

Reactions: hawkit3113
100/1 UK vs IU or KU vs MU would have higher ratings that UNC vs Duke. Even with our games being on CBS and theirs being pumped by ESPN.

I’ll take that bet even if you took away the states those schools are located in. UNC/Duke will always dominate the national rankings no matter what rivalry game is played.

I’ll take that bet even if you took away the states those schools are located in. UNC/Duke will always dominate the national rankings no matter what rivalry game is played.
He said ratings---not rankings. If it were announced today that UK/IU were renewing their series----IMO it would easily have the highest rating next year....After that? Don't know. UK/IU is a fierce rivarly. Duke/UNC is like your local neighborhood game---Afterwards, everyone hugs.

He said ratings---not rankings. If it were announced today that UK/IU were renewing their series----IMO it would easily have the highest rating next year....After that? Don't know. UK/IU is a fierce rivarly. Duke/UNC is like your local neighborhood game---Afterwards, everyone hugs.

I thought I said ratings and that's my bad but we all know the ratings for the UNC/Duke game would be higher nationally.

It's going to lose some luster, at least for a few years, without Roy and K.

Reactions: CB3UK
I thought I said ratings and that's my bad but we all know the ratings for the UNC/Duke game would be higher nationally.
As long as Dickie V is working the Duke UNC game, I’m not watching.

Calipari asked the fanbase "which one to drop" from our three home and homes. UNC, UL,and IU.

IU was the resounding favorite to drop. He cancelled two, but did have a hand in creating the CBS sports classic. Which we get to play UNC and UCLA.

Hell, at this point we should drop all three. You guys need to get your shit together.
Says fan of 9-16 team who lost to every team mentioned that they played 👍

Your right though on our end, 1 outta every 4 aint cutting it.

I really liked jajuan johnson back in the day bc he was sooooo lanky, surprised he didnt have a longer nba career. That team with him, hummel, and moore was fun to watch. Terrible luck for hummel to get injured like he did twice in a row.

Reactions: johnboiler123
The question was asked in November 2011...
I was referring to the last sentence in Lurkers post about stepping it up, whixh might have been sarcasm after said 9-16 season idk.

I realize yall havent played IU for a while now....

I was referring to the last sentence in Lurkers post about stepping it up, whixh might have been sarcasm after said 9-16 season idk.

I realize yall havent played IU for a while now....
I thought it was obvious the "you guys" that need to get their shit together was UK. Who else would he be talking about?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Apologies, i thought that meant uk should drop all 3 and all 3 should get their shit together. Figured he would have used we if referring to uk, not you guys. Water under the bridge.

I forgot, Louisville fans thibk of Purdue wayyyy more than UK fans.

For soem reason before my time the cheerleaders brought out a “go cards beat purdue” sign when we werent playing purdue. Way before my time so not exactly sure what happened but apparently everyone got a kick out of it bc its a very popular story amongst the fanbase. I think the crowd started chanting beat purdue for fun.

Plus yall got brohm.

Reactions: I am stupid
I forgot, Louisville fans thibk of Purdue wayyyy more than UK fans.

For soem reason before my time the cheerleaders brought out a “go cards beat purdue” sign when we werent playing purdue. Way before my time so not exactly sure what happened but apparently everyone got a kick out of it bc its a very popular story amongst the fanbase. I think the crowd started chanting beat purdue for fun.

Plus yall got brohm.
Love the "Go Cards, beat Purdue" story. Student sections are great. Here are the details.

I know no one cares to read a Louisville SN page, but the author is hilarious. Hes the same dude that always puts out the who said it mike scott (the office) or josh pastner (in real life) ive referenced before.

Great article, no idea that it was from one of our championship seasons. Also had no idea the crowd basically made the cheerleaders quit trying the cheer lmao.

also great trip down memory lane, that Syracuse game man. Last game in freedom hall, we come out cold/neevous/struggling, then the quietest, non emotional, 3 star Kyle Kuric absolutely went the fk off. Burying threes, throwing down oops. It was an absolute mad house.

Sounds like good things happen when we do the cheer, might wanna throw it in the mix every now and then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT