ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans, I just saw the Terry Wilson play

I'm not mad at it. It seems half the fans are mad at the player that tackled him and the other half mad at the coaches for making that play call.

Crap happens. That's my thought.

Reactions: hawkit3113
It’s part of football. Guy was just trying to make a tackle.

Horse collars are not apart of the game anymore, and I am pretty sure this kid is young enough that they never were in his career.

You guys are clearly taking this better than I would

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Horse collars are not apart of the game anymore, and I am pretty sure this kid is young enough that they never were in his career.

I don’t have the time and especially the energy to explain to you how bad UK football has been in my lifetime. Last year was the best I’ve ever witnessed. Trust me when I say, we have seen far worse days as a fan base

It wasn’t a classic horse collar though, was further down on the shoulders. Was definitely pretty pissed Saturday. Huge blow to our team and his career. I don’t know how you stop that though. Also not sure why incidental helmet contact is automatic suspension where intentional horse collar isn’t... don’t think the defensive guy was trying to hurt him though.

Hate it, and especially hate the timing of it, with us having the ESPN primetime, sold out, game under the lights against UF this coming Saturday.

Luckily, we seemed to have pulled a good transfer for a backup, so I’m hoping he will be a good plug and play. I just wish he had a buy win to build rapport.

You see your boy Wagner caught the backups first pass? 50 yard TD, with a PI flag laying.

His first pass was a 54 yard TD. So he is obviously the best QB on our roster and he will lead us to the ship.

But really...He went 5-2 last year for Troy. Against teams similar to what he saw last week, but also didn't have as good of team mates he has now. I think he is a better passer than Wilson, but Wilson's ability to make space by running/potential to run makes it a push at best.

At Troy last year: 144 of 229. 1,669 yards. 14 td. 6 int.

Tl:dr- he is our Tom Brady, but we went from possibly 9 or 10 wins to 6... I hope.

I don’t have the time and especially the energy to explain to you how bad UK football has been in my lifetime. Last year was the best I’ve ever witnessed. Trust me when I say, we have seen far worse days as a fan base
Solid.

i hate it happened
but in FB injuries happen
that is why every team needs quality depth

here is to wishing him a speedy and full recovery

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No doubt, I feel worse for Terry Wilson than I do for our season.

I think they'll be ok with Smith, good enough to beat Louisville by 30 at least. :D

Rent free (am I doing that right)

And hopefully that was ur sarcasm or trolling attempt of something bc I’ll put up 10k that we keep it within 30.

Back to topic I feel terrible for terry but I am confused about the earlier comment that “it wasnts a classic horse collar”. I thought horse collars were pretty cut and dry like face mask penalties. He either brought him down by the back collar of his shoulder pads or he didn’t. I haven’t seen the play to determine whether or not I feel it was dirty. Either way I hate it for the kid, who from the outside looking in, seems to be all class.

Edit: I saw the play, definitely illegal horse collar. But I’m not so sure it was super dirty, dude leaped and grabbed the only thing he could get ahold of. Hell that was a legal tackle until TO broke his shit and they made it a penalty. I don’t think the emu player was trying to hurt Wilson I just think that was the only thing he could get a hand on before Wilson left him in the dust with his speed. Regardless I hate it for the kid and the team (although I’m not a Uk fan, actually the opposite) I don’t wish injury to anyone but terrorists and I don’t no really even wish Injury to them, just death. UK at least seems to have a competent backup though. It does make me curious as to why a kid that started at Troy would grad transfer to somewhere where he had to have known he wasn gonna he the backup. Is he from Kentucky or something? Just seems like a weirdo situation. I could u defeat em if he went somewhere to compete for a starting spot in a an competition, but uk just Camembert off their best season in decades, there wa no way terry wasnt gonna be the starter from spring ball on.

The new penalty I HATE is the illegal blindside block, like as a blocker it’s ur fault the guy ur supposed to block isn’t looking at you. I saw one called, I forget what game, on a wr screen where the tackle went out to block the dB as the wr was working his way back towards the hash to catch the screen and they called an illegal blindside block on the tackle for blocking the corner who was covering the wr. Now I understand some blindside blocks are dirty as shit see my post below, but damn a guy doing his job gets a flag bc the guy he’s supposed to block isn’t looking at him, wtf.

Last edited:
After thinking about for a while. It all goes back to the Bear Bryant curse. The watch and the Cadillac story.

Yea playing what if’s with history is a helluva rabbit hole but that move might have cost UK from having the best basketball and football programs in history. But who knows maybe rupp woulda got pissed and went to bama lol.

Regardless probly one of the dumbest decisions by an AD or whoever thought that up, in college football history.

Oh, I did. I was one of the dirtiest players in the game. ; )

Me too I’m high school I’m to embarrassed to even put on here a few things me and my buddy had in our “personal game plan”

I will tell u he was our best receiver without question and we had a really good rb. my buddy played the slot and I played the flanker, So on run plays instead of just blocking our man he would run an out route and I would run a slant and blindside the shit out of the guy trying to guard my buddy when he made his out cut. That was good for about one “jacked up” clip a game. There was a method to the dirtiness of that though bc we ran a lot of wheel routes out of the slot so the guy guarding my buddy would often be looking for me to lay him out on the on the out cut so when my buddy turned it up field the dB would get lost quite often and I would just run my route like I was coming for his head then cut upfield on a skinny post to keep the safety honest. Ahhh the good ole days, I used to joke with my buddy that we invented the rub route in the early 2000s lol.

Football has changed soooo much since then though, if we played a team with a good rb, esp if they were in the scat back mold, our coaches would teach us all week for the first guy to get a hand on him to try and hold him up to wait for everyone else to get there and get a hit in on him. To quote my DC “hold him up and let everyone else get there and knock the shit out of him until he doesn’t even want to run the ball anymore” It wasn’t good sportsmanship but it was VERY effective.

Last edited:
So tell me about the back up
I know little about him but a friend of mine posted this:

"I watched the rerun of the Eastern Michigan game and paid particular note of the QB after Terry was injured. Watching that again gave me a feeling of confidence in our quarterback position. I did a little research on Smith and found out he made All State two years in North Florida.

He had a baseball scholarship offer from Alabama which tells me a couple of things. One he can throw a ball and he has athletic ability. He was an option QB in high school and he can run. Maybe not as flashy or as quick as Terry but I think he will get the job done.

Finally he has some experience. I think he will be a good quarterback this year."

It REALLY sucks, but I trust Stoops and the rest of the staff, they have more than earned our respect. Last year was amazing and so far they are 2-0.
I do like the backup qb too. He's not a true dual threat guy like TW is, but he can throw the ball.

Last edited:
Hated the tackle.... felt like something bad happened at that very moment. I understand it was the only thing the tackler could do to stop him so I'm not gonna just call it dirty. Very unfortunate. What I really didn't like leading up to the play was all the times that Wilson was forced out of the pocket and was resorting to running in the first place. It felt like he was taking chances with his health every time he did. He rarely broke any tackles as it is. I'm looking at Eddie Gran on this one....wondering where the fvck is the 'safety valve' player in the offense he could have dumped the ball off to when flushed out of the pocket.

I remember having that same fear watching Lamar run for his life behind a putrid offensive line a few years back. Guess that’s the only real downside of having a duel threat qb.

Edit: Not saying yalls line is putrid, I have no idea I haven’t watched y’all play. Our oline was atrocious the year Lamar won the heisman, which makes that achievement even more amazing imo.

As I've said before, Hawkit is best poster here, but I smell a troll post here.Sick

ADVERTISEMENT