ADVERTISEMENT

UK Announces Home and Home Series with Indiana University

Hank_

Gold Member
Mar 31, 2017

ELg0BG0U4AEc6J7-768x1024.jpg

Reactions: JRMSU
I’d argue it’s tougher to win in South Bend than Assembly hall. I’m always stoked when we get a dub there.

Reactions: I am stupid
If Calipari wanted to be a real troll he would schedule a home and home with Purdue. No one cares about Notre Dame basketball.
UK has played ND more than any other non-conference opponent. It used to be a pretty big rivalry. They played consistently from the mid 30s until early 2000s. I'm guessing that had something to do with it. Plenty of people from both sides wanted to see it renewed.

No slight bc Assembly is tough to play. Really tough. For some reason it’s so hard to get a win in South Bend, even when their teams suck.
I didn't take it as a slight. It's a rough as place to play.

Solid troll by Cal too, home-neutral-home for Notre Dame, which is basically what Indiana wanted.
Difference is, ND has no chance at winning..Also, still shows how deep the scar is. Laughing
Should be a good series, though. I remember David River led teams vs UK, back in the day. Went to a game at FH. Lot of fun.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Brey has his moments. It wasn't long ago he went to B2B Elite Eights.

Rumors starting to grow that he is going to be done sooner rather than later and potentially finish the career back east. Notre Dame didn't go the tournament in the 10 years before him. He has been a damn fine coach for that program. He was looking at his third straight year of no NCAA tournament though.

Rumors starting to grow that he is going to be done sooner rather than later and potentially finish the career back east. Notre Dame didn't go the tournament in the 10 years before him. He has been a damn fine coach for that program. He was looking at his third straight year of no NCAA tournament though.
Huge mistake by the Irish if they fire Brey. ...No one has won more games at ND than Brey. ND hadn't been to the NCAA's since Digger, before he arrived. Also, its not that great of a job, TBH. So who do you get to replace a dude who's responsible for a third of your NCAAT's as a program?

Reactions: klize17 and GE Nole
I’d argue it’s tougher to win in South Bend than Assembly hall. I’m always stoked when we get a dub there.

Agreed. The Joyce Center is no joke.

Huge mistake by the Irish if they fire Brey. ...No one has won more games at ND than Brey. ND hadn't been to the NCAA's since Digger, before he arrived. Also, its not that great of a job, TBH. So who do you get to replace a dude who's responsible for a third of your NCAAT's as a program?

Well said. I’m not saying Brey should be on a lifetime deal, but he’d have to miss the Dance at least another 2-3 years (in a row) for me to consider firing him.

Never gonna happen. You know how Cal is. He likes to throw UK guys a bone. Now that McCarty is out, there's no reason to schedule them. Evansville will hold a winning record against UK for the foreseeable future.

The epitaph shall read: 0-18 vs OVC, 1-0 vs UK. Sick

Holy snikees! Did they really go 0-18 in the OVC?!

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
No slight bc Assembly is tough to play. Really tough. For some reason it’s so hard to get a win in South Bend, even when their teams suck.
I was thinking this same thing. ND beat a very good UK team the last time UK went to South Bend. I don't know what it is with that place, but I didn't recognize the team UK had on the floor that night. They couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Reactions: UL_1986
Never gonna happen. You know how Cal is. He likes to throw UK guys a bone. Now that McCarty is out, there's no reason to schedule them. Evansville will hold a winning record against UK for the foreseeable future.

The epitaph shall read: 0-18 vs OVC, 1-0 vs UK. Sick
It's possible, Cal put Robert Morris on the schedule the year after the NIT loss to them.

Honestly though, I hope UK has a squad in 21-22 because that non-con slate is no joke.

Could end up with

Duke (Champions Classic)
UNC (CBS)
Notre Dame (Neutral)
Michigan (at Michigan)
Louisville
+ a Big12 Challenge game

Reactions: Scotty00

Well said. I’m not saying Brey should be on a lifetime deal, but he’d have to miss the Dance at least another 2-3 years (in a row) for me to consider firing him.

I think its more Brey wants to get back East to end his career more than Notre Dame firing him.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Love this! I remember playing them in the early 90’s and it was always a fun game. Any ND fans on here?

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I was thinking this same thing. ND beat a very good UK team the last time UK went to South Bend. I don't know what it is with that place, but I didn't recognize the team UK had on the floor that night. They couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.
That was the shitty NIT team. In other words, not good.

Yep, although they were 9-4 when McCarty got fired right before conference play started and they finished 9-23.

ADVERTISEMENT