ADVERTISEMENT

UK’s Calipari Donates A MILLION Dollars 3 Months EARLIER Than UNC’s Williams; Granted Sainthood

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Next Profile in the Saints of College Basketball; “Totally-Selfless, Totally-Innocent; Bill Self”

John Calipari donates docuseries money to charity (before Williams). Last part was added . . . but noticed.

Coach Cal giving back.

By Samuel Gillenwater Mar 20, 2019, 8:00am EDTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
john_calipari_hdr_mode_1.0.jpg
Jason Marcum - Sea of Blue

Following the success of their Facebook docuseries from last season, “Inside The Madness: Kentucky Basketball”, Calipari is set to make some big money from it.

Steve Berkowitz from USA Today revealed the number to be right at $1 million.

What exactly will the Wildcats do with the extra money?

Calipari says the money will be donated to charity.

I’m proud of how they chose to allow themselves to be part of doing something that would make a difference in the lives of so many other people through charitable donations,” said Coach Cal. This was the right thing to do considering how much this program makes the school throughout the year, and it speaks volumes of this program that the players unanimously voted to appear in the series knowing the causes that the money would be going too. Calipari, an advocate for player’s rights within the NCAA, hinted at what the money would have gone to without regulations.

“In a perfect world,” said Calipari, “some of the money we made from the Facebook series would have been distributed to our players, but our rules simply won’t allow it.”

The $1 million has been split between multiple charities, including the Jimmy V Foundation and the Urban League of Lexington-Fayette County. Another portion of the money went to 19 students at UK’s College of Education for debt relief.

Finally, another portion is being placed in an educational fund to benefit and relieve the debt of the children of Calipari’s former staff, managers and players at UMass, Memphis and Kentucky.

For a program that preaches servant leadership, being your brother’s keeper, and transforming their players not only into great basketball players but into even better people, this is yet another classy move by Coach Cal.

Last edited:
Good on Cal though too. Outside of him being the Kentucky coach, I actually think Cal is a pretty good dude. He means well.
Did you think he was a cheat as well at Memphis?

I know first hand he was. But hey, "he don't need to cheat at UK".

Can't remember dude's name, he was from Washington state, UM offered his mom a job at FedEx. Completely illegal,When it started to get out, dude went elsewhere.

Did you think he was a cheat as well at Memphis?

I know first hand he was. But hey, "he don't need to cheat at UK".

Can't remember dude's name, he was from Washington state, UM offered his mom a job at FedEx. Completely illegal,When it started to get out, dude went elsewhere.
I honestly didn’t really care if he was cheating or wasn’t. I don’t have a hard on for things that happen in the realm of cbb that are out of my control. People like Dragonhawk obsess and place blame over said “cheaters” because their program ****ing sucks. I just don’t really care tbh. You either win or you don’t. I was never one of those fans or people that claimed the other team was cheating after a loss, because it’s a crybaby mentality.

I honestly didn’t really care if he was cheating or wasn’t. I don’t have a hard on for things that happen in the realm of cbb that are out of my control. People like Dragonhawk obsess and place blame over said “cheaters” because their program ****ing sucks. I just don’t really care tbh. You either win or you don’t. I was never one of those fans or people that claimed the other team was cheating after a loss, because it’s a crybaby mentality.
Which brings us back to whores. You guys were hosed. Seriously whores on campus is as old as campussies. Even camps were full of pussies.

Reactions: UL_1986
Which brings us back to whores. You guys were hosed. Seriously whores on campus is as old as campussies. Even camps were full of pussies.
I mean, it was wrong and pretty ****ed. However, I don’t think we really gained any advantage lol. I mean take a look at our recruits from the final four and championship year. We had like one 5 star player Laughing ....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The thing that pains me the most is that the most integral players on those teams were legitimately good dudes who I have a hard time believing had anything to do with those skeezer hos (sans russ). You’ll never convince me guys like Siva, Hancock, or Dieng had anything to do with the strippers/whores. Now blackshear, behanen, Ware, trez, and even Russ, yea I can believe they were involved, but like u mentioned I don’t see how having strip shows In the dorm gives you any kind of competitive advantage. Besides Russ they were all basically role players anyways at that point in their careers.

And if you’ve seen how fugly most of the strippers were I have a hard time believing they had any kind of factor in why any player chose to attend Louisville.

It was literally the stupidest thing you could possibly get busted for, all so Andre McGee could get laid and feel “cool” in the eyes of the team.

Last edited:
The thing that pains me the most is that the most integral players on those teams were legitimately good dudes who I have a hard time believing had anything to do with those skeezer hos (sans russ). You’ll never convince me guys like Siva, Hancock, or Dieng had anything to do with the strippers/whores. Now blackshear, behanen, Ware, trez, and even Russ, yea I can believe they were involved, but like u mentioned I don’t see how having strip shows In the dorm gives you any kind of competitive advantage. Besides Russ they were all basically role players anyways at that point in their careers.

And if you’ve seen how fugly most of the strippers were I have a hard time believing they had any kind of factor in why any player chose to attend Louisville.

It was literally the stupidest thing you could possibly get busted for, all so Andre McGee could get laid and feel “cool” in the eyes of the team.
I don’t believe Blackshear did either. That dude was pretty clean cut. Now behanan and ware lol. Yeah they’re guilty.

Reactions: Sawyer
Actually it was 3, Siva, Blackshear, and Behanan were all Mcdaas, but the three best players imo were Russ Smith, Luke Hancock and Gorgui Dieng. With Dieng being the only one to have an nba career. Don’t get me wrong Siva was a nice player and a helluva leader as well, and he was just as integral to our success during that time as the other three. He just had that Mcdaa hype to live up to, where he was expected to be great, where as the other 3 I mentioned just kind of came out of nowhere and developed into very good college players.

Yea he’s a bonafide knucklehead. Hate to see a kid from any program throw away that kind of talent by repeatedly doing stupid shit when they are so young.

Im not saying Behanan had nba all star potential, but I definitely think he could have carved himself out a pretty lucrative career overseas if he woulda had his head on straight.

I half ass think he could have made a helluva tight end as well, as we’ve seen other undersized big men do. Now I’m not proclaiming he was the next Jimmy Graham or Antonio Gates or anywhere near that level, but he had a nice mixture of strength, size, quick feet, good hands, decent jumping ability, and overall toughness that I personally think would have translated to the grid iron.

But I will admit I have a tendency to think alot of undersized big men would make good tight ends or offensive linemen, when I know in reality it’s not very realistic, and it’s not an easy transition for players that never played much football.

If I was stupid rich I’d open up a gym that focused on turning average basketball players into football players. I know it’s a much harder career path as there is basically only one professional football league in the world, but former basketball players who aren’t good enough for the nba would almost assuredly have the size and athleticism the NFL covets.

But sadly Chane just prefers to get high and get arrested repeatedly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yellow Man
Yea he’s a bonafide knucklehead. Hate to see a kid from any program throw away that kind of talent by repeatedly doing stupid shit when they are so young.

Im not saying Behanan had nba all star potential, but I definitely think he could have carved himself out a pretty lucrative career overseas if he woulda had his head on straight.

I half ass think he would have made a helluva tight end as well, as we’ve seen other undersized big men do. Now I’m not proclaiming he was the next Jimmy Graham or Antonio Gates or anywhere near that level, but he had a nice mixture of strength, size, quick feet, good hands, decent jumping ability, and overall toughness that I personally think would have translated to the grid iron.

But apparently he’d just prefer to get high and break laws.

I agree. He had the body and talent to have a long career playing basketball somewhere. We will end up feeding and housing him if he doesn't wake up though.

ADVERTISEMENT