ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

Clearly injuries is the obvious answer, but why is UNC losing so much to teams with less talent. Did Roy lose the locker room with the "least gifted players"?, Did Roy not develop the returning talent?

They should be better than this. I'm sure UNC will be back next year. A lot of OAD's, but Roy will mold them into a great team.

Remember the NIT year for UK and Cal when we had some good freshman coming in but our two starting guards wasn’t that great and then Nerlens went down with a knee injury? I don’t remember UK getting a pass for any of that. Roy’s a HOF coach, he should coach these guys up and have them in the NCAA’s! No excuses.

Not changing the subject.
If you’d go back & use the search function & pull up the UNC vs UK game thread, you’d see that I posted the day BEFORE the game that I would be driving to Philadelphia that Saturday & couldn’t watch the game.
There goes your theory that I skipped out for a few days.
Anything else?

Well you may have posted that but you have been known to lie about a few things here and there so you never know when it comes to you. Was that the game you and you wife went to and had a great romantic getaway???

And Cal has more, what's your point?

You were bragging about how well Roy does with less talent. Just pointing out the obvious. And if Cal was in this position, you’d be saying “how many 4* and 5 stars does he need?

Well you may have posted that but you have been known to lie about a few things here and there so you never know when it comes to you. Was that the game you and you wife went to and had a great romantic getaway???
Only you would think of a NFL game has a romantic weekend away... dude you have to be gay.RollLaugh

You were bragging about how well Roy does with less talent. Just pointing out the obvious. And if Cal was in this position, you’d be saying “how many 4* and 5 stars does he need?

No I wouldn’t. UK fans have always said Roy tells his players to stay which is crazy. Cal recruits the way he does because according to him it gives him the best chance to win. Roy does it different. Sounds like you have an issue with the way Cal recruits.

I read somewhere that Garrison Brooks said this was the least gifted coaching staff he’s ever played for.
Nominated for a "Postie"

61xOpAAFExL._SX466_.jpg

Clearly injuries is the obvious answer, but why is UNC losing so much to teams with less talent. Did Roy lose the locker room with the "least gifted players"?, Did Roy not develop the returning talent?

They should be better than this. I'm sure UNC will be back next year. A lot of OAD's, but Roy will mold them into a great team.

He isn't losing to teams with less talent. I wish he was. I would have faith he could turn it around then. UNC has almost no legit talent at the guard or wing position right now. We are starting Andrew Platek for goodness sake. That is why he went after two grad transfers. He saw the potential for this team to struggle. He warned before the year this may happen. Turns out they (the GTs) blow worse than the other players on the team. Leaky certainly hasn't developed but I think most could have seen that coming. When the knock on a guy has been the same since he was a sophomore in HS I don't see the guy all of a sudden changing. None of our shooters can shoot. We aren't really generating bad shots. No one can make them though. I've never seen a worse shooting team. Our guards or 'shooters' 3 point FG%s are 23%, 27%, 35%, 19%, 23%, and 29%. Hell, we can't even make FTs. I think we are ranking like 300 or something in that, lol.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
He isn't losing to teams with less talent. I wish he was. I would have faith he could turn it around then. UNC has almost no legit talent at the guard or wing position right now. We are starting Andrew Platek for goodness sake. That is why he went after two grad transfers. He saw the potential for this team to struggle. He warned before the year this may happen. Turns out they (the GTs) blow worse than the other players on the team. Leaky certainly hasn't developed but I think most could have seen that coming. When the knock on a guy has been the same since he was a sophomore in HS I don't see the guy all of a sudden changing. None of our shooters can shoot. We aren't really generating bad shots. No one can make them though. I've never seen a worse shooting team. Our guards or 'shooters' 3 point FG%s are 23%, 27%, 35%, 19%, 23%, and 29%. Hell, we can't even make FTs. I think we are ranking like 300 or something in that, lol.

Nobody is denying they are bad. The questions is, “should they be”? This is UNC for Pete’s sake.

How many 4 stars and 5 stars does Pitt have?

Andrew Platek logged 49 minutes last night lol. Shot 2-11 from the field, 1-8 from three. Kid is a beast.

On the bright side, UNC is just a half-game out of 14th place in the ACC.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Andrew Platek logged 49 minutes last night lol. Shot 2-11 from the field, 1-8 from three. Kid is a beast.

On the bright side, UNC is just a half-game out of 14th place in the ACC.
That's how you can tell they're depleted. Lubetek should only play spot minutes at best despite his small (read 1 man) fan club on THR.

Reactions: dukedevilz
How bout that one dumba$$ over there writing two pages of “brief stuff” and talking about “blown assists”, his “coaching mafia” and $hit?! That’s a recently discovered gold mine for me. Very entertaining

That's how you can tell they're depleted. Lubetek should only play spot minutes at best despite his small (read 1 man) fan club on THR.

How bout that one dumba$$ over there writing two pages of “brief stuff” and talking about “blown assists”, his “coaching mafia” and $hit?! That’s a recently discovered gold mine for me. Very entertaining
That's the one man fan club. He is... Out there.

Spot minutes with Blue Steel. However, it isn't really his fault. There is no one else to play. He plays hard at least. He also is almost always in the right spot. He just isn't talented enough to do much.

Last edited:
4 Burger boys.

Be back soon.
Roy selling out and landing one and done players. This is very surprising as I've been told multiple times that he would never go this route, despite the fact that he's been recruiting OAD's since 2010 just hasn't landed many. Must be paying these kids since that's how everyone that beat UNC out for a recruit got them the past few years. $henanigan$.

Roy selling out and landing one and done players. This is very surprising as I've been told multiple times that he would never go this route, despite the fact that he's been recruiting OAD's since 2010 just hasn't landed many. Must be paying these kids since that's how everyone that beat UNC out for a recruit got them the past few years. $henanigan$.

I've heard the very same things. Wonder how talented this group will be?

Reactions: Quavarius
I've heard the very same things. Wonder how talented this group will be?

They'll be back in the tournament next year, no question. Don't think they'll be competing for a natty, however. Probably won't be at the typical UNC standard (top 5-10) until 2022. Honestly, I think most of those guys (3 or 4) will be back for their sophomore year, so 2022 should be a solid year for the Heels.

They'll be back in the tournament next year, no question. Don't think they'll be competing for a natty, however. Probably won't be at the typical UNC standard (top 5-10) until 2022. Honestly, I think most of those guys (3 or 4) will be back for their sophomore year, so 2022 should be a solid year for the Heels.

So you're saying they won't surpass this group as the least talented group Roy has ever coached?

Second question; how many of these dudes will Roy play? I've been told the "Carolina system" is very advanced and takes quite some time to grasp, and therefore is not conducive to freshmen playing a lot of minutes.

Who said they’d be OAD players?

ADVERTISEMENT