ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

And since then he's got more titles than Cal with less talent.
I wouldn't call keeping 4 and 5 stay players around for 4 years equivalent to "less talent". That kind of talent and experience is unheard of most places. I don't know how Roy does it.

I wouldn't call keeping 4 and 5 stay players around for 4 years equivalent to "less talent". That kind of talent and experience is unheard of most places. I don't know how Roy does it.

Like Roy tells his players to stay even though they're not in no one's mock draft. But Cal says he takes talent over experience, Roy says the opposite, so far Roy is doing better.

Nice to be missed. Business travel called. And I am more worried about March losses than January losses.

Maybe you will learn what that is about next year.
Enjoy your new “business trip”.... see ya in a few days.

Like Roy tells his players to stay even though they're not in no one's mock draft. But Cal says he takes talent over experience, Roy says the opposite, so far Roy is doing better.
Roy is not getting experience over talent, he is getting both.
2017 alone:
Hicks, senior, 5*
Britt, senior, 4*
Meeks, senior, 4*
Pinson, junior, 5* (stayed senior season)
Jackson, junior, 5*
Berry, junior, 4* (stayed senior season)

I think most of us would kill for that kind of talent + experience on one team. I know I would. Laughing

Roy is not getting experience over talent, he is getting both.
2017 alone:
Hicks, senior, 5*
Britt, senior, 4*
Meeks, senior, 4*
Pinson, junior, 5* (stayed senior season)
Jackson, junior, 5*
Berry, junior, 4* (stayed senior season)

I think most of us would kill for that kind of talent + experience on one team. I know I would. Laughing

How many of those players got drafted compared to UK within that time frame?

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Does anybody think this team should be 8-9?

Have you seen them play? They are lucky to have won any game at all without Cole.

To be fair, they haven't exactly landed the same 4 and 5 star players. Whether you want to consider it good luck or bad luck Roy has landed guys who ended up being college players who don't do much in the pros and Cal has ended up with guys way more talented in that regard, which is why they have left. Roy's best NBA guy while at UNC is a 4 star shooter outside of the top 30. There is little doubt that a guy like AD or whoever leaves UNC after one year and a guy like Ellington or whoever stays for a few years.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
To be fair, they haven't exactly landed the same 4 and 5 star players. Whether you want to consider it good luck or bad luck Roy has landed guys who ended up being college players who don't do much in the pros and Cal has ended up with guys way more talented in that regard, which is why they have left. Roy's best NBA guy while at UNC is a 4 star shooter outside of the top 30. There is little doubt that a guy like AD or whoever leaves UNC after one year and a guy like Ellington or whoever stays for a few years.
Cal has been whiffing on his top targets the last few years, so they are in somewhat in the same boat. They have no quality bigs on the horizon and I'm sure Richards is gone after this year, probably Montgomery too (even though he sucks). Even the guys that don't go to the NBA rarely stick around. I think Poythress is the only non-Kentuckian that has played 4 years for Cal at UK, and that was only because he was injury plagued.

Have you seen them play? They are lucky to have won any game at all without Cole.

Yes I’ve seen them play. I guess Clemson and Pitt have more talent and if that’s truly the case then if I was a UNC fan I’d be irate with my coach. You can cry about the scandal all you want but he still got highly rated guys.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Considering I only post from my phone, I can post any where at any time.
Try again

Pretty sure after UK beat UNc not to long ago you didn’t bother showing up for a few days and said you was out of town for some reason!

Yes I’ve seen them play. I guess Clemson and Pitt have more talent and if that’s truly the case then if I was a UNC fan I’d be irate with my coach. You can cry about the scandal all you want but he still got highly rated guys.

I mean, most of his talent is on the bench in suits. The only guards and wings all year who have played like they were decent are all hurt. Even Robinson is hurt. The dude has a bum ankle and was just in a head on collision a few days ago. So that leaves this team to count on Leaky, Platek, Pierce, and Keeling. So yeah, Clemson and Pitt have more healthy talent that we do. Watch the two teams play and that is obvious.

Cal has been whiffing on his top targets the last few years, so they are in somewhat in the same boat. They have no quality bigs on the horizon and I'm sure Richards is gone after this year, probably Montgomery too (even though he sucks). Even the guys that don't go to the NBA rarely stick around. I think Poythress is the only non-Kentuckian that has played 4 years for Cal at UK, and that was only because he was injury plagued.

I really like Richards. Montgomery doesn't do much for me.

Richards didn't do much his first 2 seasons, but he has finally turned the corner. They would be lost without him. He's probably the guy they can least afford to lose, especially considering they are thin down low and Montgomery doesn't bring much to the table.

Richards didn't do much his first 2 seasons, but he has finally turned the corner. They would be lost without him. He's probably the guy they can least afford to lose, especially considering they are thin down low and Montgomery doesn't bring much to the table.
Richards hasn't quite made a WCS turn, but he's right there. He runs like him, jumps and 7'5 wingspan.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
If Capel doesn’t stay at Pitt, that means he did a good job here and probably took the Duke job. I’d be fine with that, similar to how I was fine with Ben Howland leaving for UCLA.

But for right now and where we’re at, Capel is what we need. An ACC guy that’s a good recruiter and coach, but most importantly he’s a good guy who’s building a great culture. Dixon was a great fit when we were in the Big East, but something changed when we joined the ACC. I don’t know what it was, and I wish he it would’ve worked out, but change seemed to be inevitable.
I think everyone except duke fans would be more than happy to see Capel take the duke job. I know I would love it.

You guys have a good home court advantage, don't have your schedule in front of me but the league is down and I think we could see PITT make the NCAAs... though I don't know the computer ranking and shit like that. They gotta get these last couple teams from somewhere. PITT play anybody out of conference?
I saw today where the ACC is rated behind the ACC in the NET and is only projected to get 5 teams in. Yikes.

Pretty sure after UK beat UNc not to long ago you didn’t bother showing up for a few days and said you was out of town for some reason!
100% you’re wrong. I never “disappeared” for a few days but didn’t watch the game last year. I was in Philadelphia for an Eagles game.

I mean, most of his talent is on the bench in suits. The only guards and wings all year who have played like they were decent are all hurt. Even Robinson is hurt. The dude has a bum ankle and was just in a head on collision a few days ago. So that leaves this team to count on Leaky, Platek, Pierce, and Keeling. So yeah, Clemson and Pitt have more healthy talent that we do. Watch the two teams play and that is obvious.
This is just a perfect storm happening at UNC this year. If you had a good PG, a lot of your problems would be solved. Things have just gone South and with the injuries, it's impossible to fix the issues.

And it's not like the teams UNC is playing are complete chumps. Those teams have talent too and they are trying to win.

It is what it is and it sucks for Tar Heel fans. it's a long off season, which makes it worse.

Montgomery checked out a long time ago. Maybe Cal will realize it before March. That kid loafs up and down the court and plays like he doesn't care. Has 1 point, 2 boards and 5 fouls today and he's damn near a foot taller than what Arkansas threw at him.

You guys want him? I'll trade you for anyone you’re willing to give up at the 4.

Montgomery checked out a long time ago. Maybe Cal will realize it before March. That kid loafs up and down the court and plays like he doesn't care. Has 1 point, 2 boards and 5 fouls today and he's damn near a foot taller than what Arkansas threw at him.

You guys want him? I'll trade you for anyone you’re willing to give up at the 4.
No trade necessary. I would give him away. He's a liability on the court. It would be addition by subtraction. I was so glad when he fouled out today, so he was forced to come out. He should never play as long as Richards and Sestina are healthy and not in foul trouble.

100% you’re wrong. I never “disappeared” for a few days but didn’t watch the game last year. I was in Philadelphia for an Eagles game.

Whenever it was you didn’t post for two to three days after the game because I know somebody was asking where you was and if you had committed suicide because of the game.

Whenever it was you didn’t post for two to three days after the game because I know somebody was asking where you was and if you had committed suicide because of the game.
You sure are going to great lengths sticking up for your man. I hope he shows you some appreciation later on.

Stop changing the subject and don’t go being all jealous. You’re my main bitch and you know this!!! Wanna add me on Snapchat???

Stop changing the subject and don’t go being all jealous. You’re my main bitch and you know this!!! Wanna add me on Snapchat???
Not changing the subject.
If you’d go back & use the search function & pull up the UNC vs UK game thread, you’d see that I posted the day BEFORE the game that I would be driving to Philadelphia that Saturday & couldn’t watch the game.
There goes your theory that I skipped out for a few days.
Anything else?

Well you’re saying the other person didn’t go on a “business trip” so why can’t we assume you didn’t skip out for the fact you knew UNc was gonna lose?? I’m guessing you don’t wanna be Snapchat friends???

Not changing the subject.
If you’d go back & use the search function & pull up the UNC vs UK game thread, you’d see that I posted the day BEFORE the game that I would be driving to Philadelphia that Saturday & couldn’t watch the game.
There goes your theory that I skipped out for a few days.
Anything else?
I couldn't find it. Link? TIA.

ADVERTISEMENT