ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

Just breathe, Everything will be ok.
71lBVyzz-XL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Good lord. Getting punked at pitt
That used to be the norm for our program. We got a long ways to go, but we’re slowly starting to get back to that level.

Much needed after the Louisville heartbreaker a few days ago.

Capel is a good coach, but I don’t see him staying at Pitt. He could turn over the program to a really good coach, but Jamie Dixon just seemed like a better fit and grew that program to a different level

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Capel is a good coach, but I don’t see him staying at Pitt. He could turn over the program to a really good coach, but Jamie Dixon just seemed like a better fit and grew that program to a different level
If Capel doesn’t stay at Pitt, that means he did a good job here and probably took the Duke job. I’d be fine with that, similar to how I was fine with Ben Howland leaving for UCLA.

But for right now and where we’re at, Capel is what we need. An ACC guy that’s a good recruiter and coach, but most importantly he’s a good guy who’s building a great culture. Dixon was a great fit when we were in the Big East, but something changed when we joined the ACC. I don’t know what it was, and I wish he it would’ve worked out, but change seemed to be inevitable.

Pitt's not bad. Don't know their overall record, haven't seen much hoops this year honestly. But they got guards that can get it done. Maybe a little weak up front. They got any tourney shot?

Pitt's not bad. Don't know their overall record, haven't seen much hoops this year honestly. But they got guards that can get it done. Maybe a little weak up front. They got any tourney shot?
Will be 12-6 if we close this game out. Front court is definitely our weakness, hoping to change that with the incoming recruiting class. We have a shot but it’s not likely. Will need to go to eight or nine conference wins plus maybe a win or two at the ACC Tourney.

Will be 12-6 if we close this game out. Front court is definitely our weakness, hoping to change that with the incoming recruiting class. We have a shot but it’s not likely. Will need to go to eight or nine conference wins plus maybe a win or two at the ACC Tourney.

You guys have a good home court advantage, don't have your schedule in front of me but the league is down and I think we could see PITT make the NCAAs... though I don't know the computer ranking and shit like that. They gotta get these last couple teams from somewhere. PITT play anybody out of conference?

You guys have a good home court advantage, don't have your schedule in front of me but the league is down and I think we could see PITT make the NCAAs... though I don't know the computer ranking and shit like that. They gotta get these last couple teams from somewhere. PITT play anybody out of conference?
P5 wins over Kansas State, Northwestern, and Rutgers; Loss to WVU. Also beat Florida State to open up the season.

Honestly, I’m not too worried about if we make it or not, I’m just happy to be even having these discussions. Went 0-18 two seasons ago, now we’re back near the top half of the conference. Love the job Capel has done so far.

Look who’s back.
Notice you’ve been MIA since Dook lost to Clemson.
You going to disappear again if UL beats Dook tonight?
Nice to be missed. Business travel called. And I am more worried about March losses than January losses.

Maybe you will learn what that is about next year.

Worst blue blood record in how long?

UK, Kansas, and Duke are the other blue bloods.

So with the way UNc’s season is going it got me to thinking. We always hear about this coach and that coach being better than other coaches so I have to ask this question. If Roy is a “great” coach that doesn’t just roll the ball out, shouldn’t he be able to coach these guys up and win or is it that he needs good players to win? Just a random thought!

So with the way UNc’s season is going it got me to thinking. We always hear about this coach and that coach being better than other coaches so I have to ask this question. If Roy is a “great” coach that doesn’t just roll the ball out, shouldn’t he be able to coach these guys up and win or is it that he needs good players to win? Just a random thought!

you’re really trying to use the same narrative for a coach that has 3 championships to a guy that only has one?

you’re really trying to use the same narrative for a coach that has 3 championships to a guy that only has one?

No! I ask a simple question. Don’t try an turn this into something it’s not.

No! I ask a simple question. Don’t try an turn this into something it’s not.

Lol okay I won’t. No one wins championships without talent. But Roy has proven he can recruit good talent, he can develop talent, and he can win at the highest level multiple times.

Lol okay I won’t. No one wins championships without talent. But Roy has proven he can recruit good talent, he can develop talent, and he can win at the highest level multiple times.

I agree with that and I never said any different. Roy has had great talent that’s helped him win his titles. I’m saying with the way things are going right now for UNc would it be fair to say that Roy’s won because of that talent he had, his coaching or a little of both? I say both but my point is, how do we say this coach only wins because of talent they have and this coach wins because of this and that? Legit question!

I agree with that and I never said any different. Roy has had great talent that’s helped him win his titles. I’m saying with the way things are going right now for UNc would it be fair to say that Roy’s won because of that talent he had, his coaching or a little of both? I say both but my point is, how do we say this coach only wins because of talent they have and this coach wins because of this and that? Legit question!

Anyone who says a coach only wins because of talent is an idiot. Plus, part of coaching is recruiting talent. Obviously winning is easier when you have good talent. The only way to answer your question is hypothetically. So it’s a pretty worthless discussion point imo

Anyone who says a coach only wins because of talent is an idiot. Plus, part of coaching is recruiting talent. Obviously winning is easier when you have good talent. The only way to answer your question is hypothetically. So it’s a pretty worthless discussion point imo

Exactly! That was my point. I don’t care what coach it is, when anybody says they only win because of talent they are complete idiots!!!

In all fairness, we're talking about a coach that has spent his entire 32 years as a head coach at a blue blood program, as opposed to one that is in his 11th. On that level they are on par. Certainly you wouldn't expect the same level of a success from a mid-major program over a blue blood, would you?

In all fairness, we're talking about a coach that has spent his entire 32 years as a head coach at a blue blood program, as opposed to one that is in his 11th. One that level they are on par. Certainly you wouldn't expect the same level of a success from a mid-major program over a blue blood, would you?

Not his fault Cal wasn’t good enough to coach at a blue blood from the jump

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT