UCFs Preseason Ranking. 23rd?

Was UCFs Preseason ranking BS?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Idk I’m a T-shirt bandwagoner

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I’m an Uncle Rico who remembers when rankings were just to sell newspapers not bowl access

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UCFhonors

Feb 20, 2010
The Most Magical Place on Earth
Team
UCF
Can we now all UCFinally and UCFully agree that that UCFootballs preseason ranking of 23 was pure BS?

I think all rankings are BS. But this one particularly is atrocious.

UCF is now in the Top 10. Which at the minimum is where we should have started.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile.

Reactions: LO6IC
Oh... I thought you were talking about our preseason basketball ranking for this season. Easy confusion when being ranked in both football and basketball... SmokinSmile

Reactions: UCFhonors
One potential non-subjective solution would be to simply rate teams in the preseason as they finished the previous year. I know stuff changes, teams change but I'm not sure after all of the numbers are crunched that the outcome would not be close enough.

However, I have always thought that part of the pre-season BS, is to stir up viewers, create click bait and goose the ratings.

Reactions: UCFhonors and LO6IC
Memphis is 1-2 in the conference. 2-4 Tulane destroyed Memphis out gaining them 496-277.
They've lost 2 games, on the road, against option teams...

Now their at home, where Memphis is 14-1 at home over the past 15 and averages 58 ppg at home this year 4-0.

Meanwhile... their RB is ridiculous. Not a game to take lightly AT ALL...

Honors....I don't even know how or why I did this. It's confusing. I think I fat fingered something here. I was going to comment in this thread

One potential non-subjective solution would be to simply rate teams in the preseason as they finished the previous year. I know stuff changes, teams change but I'm not sure after all of the numbers are crunched that the outcome would not be close enough.

However, I have always thought that part of the pre-season BS, is to stir up viewers, create click bait and goose the ratings.

tenor.gif

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Reactions: LO6IC and CowpokeU
Even ESP5N Cartel’ Andy Katz is projecting UCF basketball to ranked. So you know it’s going to happen.

This is all part of UCFs Rise to Dominance. Which is really starting to heat up

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile
Kentucky will play anyone anywhere anytime. Set it up, we aint skeered.

Memphis is a big road game in the AAC?

Sometimes i forget just how lucky WVU was to get into the big 12. Thank you for the reminder.
When you're trying to keep a 2 year winning streak alive... and when you MUST be undefeated to be any sort of relevant since we're G5... any away game vs a competitive team is a big game.

Welcome to cfb. Memphis is better than Auburn. Memphis is legit.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

They lost to Navy and got run out of the stadium by Tulane. Gave up 35 to Southern Alabama. They have wins over Mercer and Georgia State

I know you're just having some #UCFun, but you're just making yourself look like a #UCFool.

Reactions: Digger1
They lost to Navy and got run out of the stadium by Tulane. Gave up 35 to Southern Alabama. They have wins over Mercer and Georgia State

I know you're just having some #UCFun, but you're just making yourself look like a #UCFool.

Memphis has a winning record and 2 quality losses.

I’m not taking them lightly. No team should.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

Even ESP5N Cartel’ Andy Katz is projecting UCF basketball to ranked. So you know it’s going to happen.

This is all part of UCFs Rise to Dominance. Which is really starting to heat up

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile
Katz no longer works for espn. Hasn't for awhile. B1G network now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT