ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Lawson Hopped On Instagram To Call Out Roy Williams For Talking Crap And Saying He Doesn't W

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog...g-he-doesnt-****-with-carolina-because-of-roy

Alcohol has always been Lawson’s biggest problem.
Not sure what his beef is with Roy but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that NBA GM’s gave up on him because of his drinking.

Alcohol has always been Lawson’s biggest problem.
Not sure what his beef is with Roy but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that NBA GM’s gave up on him because of his drinking.
Is he in jail? I mean for a dude that swears he has no alcohol problem----Dude has had a lot of alcohol, related problems...

Is he in jail? I mean for a dude that swears he has no alcohol problem----Dude has had a lot of alcohol, related problems...
I have no clue where he is.
If he has a problem with Roy, be a man & talk to him face to face.
Don’t run to social media like a broken hearted 15 year old girl.

Saying he has had alcohol related problems is common knowledge.
There’s articles that NBA GM’s were tired of his drinking problems.
Not every player that plays for UNC has been perfect but at least he’s not out kicking homeless people.
At least the homeless person wasn't a female. I'm looking at you, PJ Hairston.

Also Petty for someone to say that Lawson had his character attacked for pointing out that he’s had alcohol problems & that’s why NBA GM’s gave up on him.
Nobody seems to know why he has a beef with Roy, but since it seems to have happened recently it's probably safe to assume it's not related to his issues with alcohol.

Nobody seems to know why he has a beef with Roy, but since it seems to have happened recently it's probably safe to assume it's not related to his issues with alcohol.
He played at UNC 11 years ago. Not going to believe that Roy has talked to NBA GM’s about him recently.

I don't think it is all that recent. I think after his first few years and some alcohol issues he felt GMs asked Roy about his character and Roy told them he needed some help or was a bit of a knucklehead or something, which is true. There has long been a rumor about an incident that happened in the 2008 Final Four where Lawson got into it with some teammates. Could be BS but he kind of had some question marks. Should Roy have lied? Maybe, but he was speaking to a friend and another Tar Heel alum so probably felt what he said was in confidence. Doesn't look that way. I think Ty is still pissed about it probably. Hate it though. I love Lawson. Just a fantastic player to watch.

There aren't many players that don't absolutely love Roy and the program but he isn't the first. Doubt he will be the last.

Last edited:
Just seen this on Twitter! UNc fans are ripping him and saying he’s just like McCants!Laughing Wonder what he’s talking about when he says “It’s a blessing I don’t open my mouth about shit.” Interesting!

Last edited:
LOL at unc saying he has drinking problem. I guarantee MJ’s gambling problem was much worse than ty’s drinking problem but I doubt t you hear peep out of the Tar Heel fans about that.

LOL at unc saying he has drinking problem. I guarantee MJ’s gambling problem was much worse than ty’s drinking problem but I doubt t you hear peep out of the Tar Heel fans about that.

Jordan's gambling 'problem' never impacted his play or anything else though. Not sure what peep you would hear from UNC fans. That MJ likes to gamble? Yeah, guess what? Jordan likes to gamble, lol.

Ty's drinking problem did seem to impact things with him. I didn't think his drinking issues were a secret tbh. It isn't like they were hidden. I have no issues with it though. We all have our vices. Still love Lawson.

Reactions: shun1
Jordan's gambling 'problem' never impacted his play or anything else though. Not sure what peep you would hear from UNC fans. That MJ likes to gamble? Yeah, guess what? Jordan likes to gamble, lol.

Ty's drinking problem did seem to impact things with him. I didn't think his drinking issues were a secret tbh. It isn't like they were hidden. I have no issues with it though. We all have our vices. Still love Lawson.

lawson was just a Great college player. He didn’t have the game to be a great pro. Him not drinking wouldn’t have changed that.

Reactions: Quavarius
lawson was just a Great college player. He didn’t have the game to be a great pro. Him not drinking wouldn’t have changed that.

He was a good pro. He wasn't a great one. No doubt he was a great college player. I agree his drinking didn't end his career or anything but it could have impacted the longevity. Maybe not but it is a possibility.

What does this even mean? I mean, its apples to oranges. The GOAT, never charged with a crime: BTW, gambling isn't illegal.... Compared to Ty Lawson, and his multiple DUI's, failed court ordered alcohol test, etc, etc? Not to mention, I've yet to see where MJ has called out Dean, UNC, or anyone affiliated with UNC.

So why the comparison again?

What does this even mean? I mean, its apples to oranges. The GOAT, never charged with a crime: BTW, gambling isn't illegal.... Compared to Ty Lawson, and his multiple DUI's, failed court ordered alcohol test, etc, etc? Not to mention, I've yet to see where MJ has called out Dean, UNC, or anyone affiliated with UNC.

So why the comparison again?

roy Williams is one of the biggest pieces of shit in college basketball. Tired of dude being given a pass. He literally was behind unc running a fake academic program for athletes. I have zero issues with ty calling him
Out. It’s the convenient for the tar he’ll fanbase to bring up alcohol when he attacks there leader that is not near as on the up and up that unc fans thing he is

He wouldn't have been great, no...But he had a chance to be really, really good. And especially with how the game has changed. It fit a guy with his game perfectly. While in Denver, Lawson was probably the best player, on a 57 win team. Dude was putting up All-Star like numbers......But then, well, the arrest....First a DUI in Missouri.....THen a DUI in Denver....Then 7 months later, a DUI in LA....Then sent to rehab. Traded to Houston.....then to the Kings. Basically fallen of the map.

Then, off to court to face not one, but three FAILED alcohol, court ordered test.

No, he wasn't going to be great. And no, alcohol wasn't going to change that. BUT, it certainly did change his chance to be really good---Like All-Star good.

He wouldn't have been great, no...But he had a chance to be really, really good. And especially with how the game has changed. It fit a guy with his game perfectly. While in Denver, Lawson was probably the best player, on a 57 win team. Dude was putting up All-Star like numbers......But then, well, the arrest....First a DUI in Missouri.....THen a DUI in Denver....Then 7 months later, a DUI in LA....Then sent to rehab. Traded to Houston.....then to the Kings. Basically fallen of the map.

Then, off to court to face not one, but three FAILED alcohol, court ordered test.

No, he wasn't going to be great. And no, alcohol wasn't going to change that. BUT, it certainly did change his chance to be really good---Like All-Star good.

the dude was never an all star caliber nba player. If Roy would have made his players go through an actual academic program perhaps ty would have stayed away from booze. Instead I doubt he ever went to a LEGO age challenging class while at unc

roy Williams is one of the biggest pieces of shit in college basketball. Tired of dude being given a pass. He literally was behind unc running a fake academic program for athletes. I have zero issues with ty calling him
Out. It’s the convenient for the tar he’ll fanbase to bring up alcohol when he attacks there leader that is not near as on the up and up that unc fans thing he is
You ever stop and think why? I mean exactly what did Roy say? Could it have been a case where Roy was asked about Ty, and he told GM's what he thought, i.e. drinking issues? I mean here is the thing----as a college coach, if you LIE to a GM about ONE kid, it ruins your word for the rest of your kids.

So maybe Roy told the GM's, "he's a drunk...Or has a drinking problem..." And maybe that is why UNC fans brought up his troubles with alcohol?

Just maybe?

Just curious, did a fan of Bruce Pearl type this with a straight face?

Last edited:
Reactions: 829305
You ever stop and think why? I mean exactly what did Roy say? Could it have been a case where Roy was asked about Ty, and he told GM's what he thought, i.e. drinking issues? I mean here is the thing----as a college coach, if you LIE to a GM about ONE kid, it ruins your word for the rest of your kids.

So maybe Roy told the GM's, "he's a drunk...Or has a drinking problem..." And maybe that is why UNC fans brought up his troubles with alcohol?

Just maybe?
Seems like the biggest problem is with the 2 faced GM’s. That is, if Roy really said negative things about him.

Just maybe?

Sounds to me like Roy was more concerned with winning than helping and doing what was right for ty while he was at unc. Fake classes and little discipline

the dude was never an all star caliber nba player. If Roy would have made his players go through an actual academic program perhaps ty would have stayed away from booze. Instead I doubt he ever went to a LEGO age challenging class while at unc
JFC are you ever ate up.....I laugh at posters like you. First off, lets start with your ignorance..."Dude was never an All-Star type of player......" Except well, he was ....From 2012-2015, he averaged 17ppg/8apg....Led the Nuggets in scoring in the playoffs at 21ppg...2013/14, he should have been an All-Star; 17.6ppg/9.8apg...

For four years, he was one of the best PG's in the league. To say he wasn't an "All-Star caliber player", is beyond ignorant...

Secondly, saying the culture at UNC led to his drinking is Troll 101....Plus pure idiotic..

Basically you are just a fly by the seat of your pants poster....FTR, that's my nice way of saying you SUCK.

SOme of you could at least do some god damn research...It would save you some face every now and then...

Reactions: RunninRichie

Wasn’t that going on for years before Roy was even hired at UNC?

Sounds to me like Roy was more concerned with winning than helping and doing what was right for ty while he was at unc. Fake classes and little discipline
Yeah, it was Roy who caused Ty to start drinking, years after he left UNC...Laughing

Why bring UK into this?

I had started a post earlier that I didn’t finish.

Just pointing out the humor in the fact that other fans get slapped with the dreaded “obsessed” label for doing what your clan is doing here and in a million other threads.

ADVERTISEMENT