Two best teams in CBB so far?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Texas and Zona?
What do y'all think?

As of right now, I'd probably go with Texas and Houston.

Maybe Uconn. Hurleys can coach (well, Bobby's debatable...).

Reactions: Erock-conn
Texas and Virginia - although might have to add Purdue if they lay a smackdown again today.
I think Purdue is better than thought-----And not to take away from their win(GU)----But the Zags just haven't seemed to be the Zags of old. They are still good----I just dont think they are Top 10 good.

Best teams I have seen:

Arizona and Houston.

Texas was impressive, but.................See above^^^^^.

Really like Creighton as well.

I think Purdue is better than thought-----And not to take away from their win(GU)----But the Zags just haven't seemed to be the Zags of old. They are still good----I just dont think they are Top 10 good.

Best teams I have seen:

Arizona and Houston.

Can’t argue that on Zags. Also like what Arkansas is doing without Smith so far.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Who have they beat besides Gonzaga?

Best teams I have seen:

Arizona and Houston.

I like the consistency from you Borden

Virginia has to be in the conversation. Texas and Arizona (which I haven’t seen yet).

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean here?
Someone earlier said Texas is top 2. I asked who they have beaten other than Gonzaga, but got no response. You posted later that you were impressed with Purdue, but maybe Gonzaga is overrated. Then you applied the same logic to Texas, so I was just applauding you for being consistent.

Someone earlier said Texas is top 2. I asked who they have beaten other than Gonzaga, but got no response. You posted later that you were impressed with Purdue, but maybe Gonzaga is overrated. Then you applied the same logic to Texas, so I was just applauding you for being consistent.
Gotcha.....

BTW, I still think Purdue is going to be really good. Really impressed with Braden Smith.

Gotcha.....

BTW, I still think Purdue is going to be really good. Really impressed with Braden Smith.
I do too, and saying any highly ranked team this early on the season may be overrated is 100% a legit argument. It’s just annoying that when Texas beats Gonzaga, they are automatically a top team, but when Purdue does it too, the media says Gonzaga is overrated. The eye test is different strokes for different folks, but Purdue has a better resume than Texas as of now.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I do too, and saying any highly ranked team this early on the season may be overrated is 100% a legit argument. It’s just annoying that when Texas beats Gonzaga, they are automatically a top team, but when Purdue does it too, the media says Gonzaga is overrated. The eye test is different strokes for different folks, but Purdue has a better resume than Texas as of now.
I've always been an advocate for the Zags.....You know this. I don't think GU is AS good as they have been---not yet---but i do think they are still pretty good, and that it was a good, soolid win for PU. Especially give the fact PU I thought was a good match-up for GU. TBH, game never was that IMO. Never felt PU was in trouble.

Texas is a problem for GU simply b/c they have crazy athletic, long guards----GU has seemingly struggled with that for YEARS....Not to mention, TX shot out of their freakin' minds. I like TX, and they have some good pieces.....athletic, long, can shoot. Just think they beat more of a Top 15 Gonzaga, than Top 2 GU.

From what I have seen from Purdue, you dudes are pretty good.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Everyone has their eye test, but Purdue has the best proven resume at this point. Should be top 5 at worst.
Curious to see the top five this week. Assume, Houston, Texas and Virginia will be there-does Purdue climb that high? Do Creighton or Arizona sneak in, or would Baylor just move up into top 5 with all the losses from teams in front of them?

Creighton at Texas should be great this week. After watching Arizona in Maui they have to be Top 3 for sure.

Reactions: englandnu
So, as I said, the eye test is the eye test depeding on the person, but resume wise, what’s better than Marquette, West Virginia, Gonzaga, and Duke as of right now?
Not sure how good MU and WVU are......But wins over GU and Duke is impressive.

I think WVU is pretty good. Only loss is Purdue and beat Florida by 29 today. 29 at KenPom now.

Jury is definitely out on Marquette.
However ya slice it, if ya don't think Purdue is a pretty good team, you just don't like them; Which BTW, I don't----But good is good.

Of all the teams I have SEEN early in the season,Purdue is certainly among the Top 5.

IMO...

1. Arizona
2. Creighton
3. Purdue
4. UConn
5. Texas

I have not SEEN UVA play, FTR...

Reactions: boilerzz
Everyone sucks. The top 5 should be vacant.😁 Right now I would say Arizona, Purdue, Texas, and Virginia are playing the best (Purdue and Virginia if I had to pick two).That doesn't necessarily mean they are the best. Ask me again in 3-4 weeks and I might mention 4 different teams. I think most of us are guilty of overhyping early season results and/or we're too quick to dismiss teams that might be right in the thick of it down the road. It's a long season.

Everyone sucks. The top 5 should be vacant.😁 Right now I would say Arizona, Purdue, Texas, and Virginia are playing the best (Purdue and Virginia if I had to pick two).That doesn't necessarily mean they are the best. Ask me again in 3-4 weeks and I might mention 4 different teams. I think most of us are guilty of overhyping early season results and/or we're too quick to dismiss teams that might be right in the thick of it down the road. It's a long season.
Absolutely. We’ve played well but also been fortunate that teams have missed some open outside shots. We’ve also had a couple of games with a bunch of turnovers and teams haven’t capitalized on them.

I think we are top 3 in a power rankings but still think 10-15 is more than likely where we end up at season’s end.

Texas and Virginia - although might have to add Purdue if they lay a smackdown again today.
Yes, this ... along with Houston

Horns Down B*****s
And The Wahoos

I love it

Last edited:
The two schools that I thought were most likely to win the title coming into this season:

Houston and Baylor

My opinion is unchanged. Other schools have looked better, and certainly have better resumes. Arizona, Purdue, Texas, and Virginia, to name a few. Still, I don't think I'm taking any of those programs over Houston and Baylor in March. Houston has arguably the best defense in the country, an All-American guard in Sasser, and they have more capable scorers this season. Baylor has the best backcourt in the country. And backcourts win national titles, not frontcourts.

Reactions: jhmossy and KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT